Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2659 2660 [2661] 2662 2663 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425831 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: ZIP DAT SHIT YO Edition
« Reply #39900 on: July 20, 2014, 01:16:20 pm »

I can play .mkv files I just don't have infinite storage space. I'm willing to lose some quality if that means I can store 60 instead of 30 episodes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39901 on: July 20, 2014, 02:00:13 pm »

Damnit, man! Fashion is more important than mustard gas!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #39902 on: July 20, 2014, 02:58:43 pm »

Descan? I thought you knew that NOTHING is more important than mustard gas.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39903 on: July 20, 2014, 03:12:18 pm »

yeah what the hell man

* LordSlowpoke wafts mustard gas in the thread's general direction

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39904 on: July 20, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »

Talking with my mother. She's annoyed at me about my hours, despite the fact that I can't really do much about it.

Trying to figure out how to get to work, when she starts demanding I call the regional transit and ask them the best possible route, despite the fact that the buses don't stop near my work.

I try telling her this and she screams at me to not give her "any fucking attitude".

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #39905 on: July 20, 2014, 04:05:10 pm »

I wonder if she ever screams that at reality.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #39906 on: July 20, 2014, 04:46:48 pm »

I wonder if she ever screams that at reality.
"Fuck you, Universe! I told you I wanted TOAST for breakfast! This toast is fucking raw! It's not safe to eat goddamn raw toast! What do you mean I have to do it myself? I told you to do it! Make me some toast!"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39907 on: July 20, 2014, 06:19:46 pm »

Talking with my mother. She's annoyed at me about my hours, despite the fact that I can't really do much about it.

Trying to figure out how to get to work, when she starts demanding I call the regional transit and ask them the best possible route, despite the fact that the buses don't stop near my work.

I try telling her this and she screams at me to not give her "any fucking attitude".
Gotta admit, I would have just started packing right then, and walked out never to be seen again. Your sanity is worth finding a new place to live. Doesn't matter how, but that shit has to stop.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #39908 on: July 20, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

It's not safe to eat goddamn raw toast!
Al mi firma!
((To my signature!))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #39909 on: July 20, 2014, 06:30:28 pm »

My toefl scores expired 4 days ago. I need to retake the expensive, boring, stressful TOEFL test w/speaking section on 8-30 and get results on 9-10 to apply to my colleges of choice. :|

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39910 on: July 21, 2014, 03:52:49 am »

Are katanas that bad per se? I thought it was just crappy Japanese metalworking.
The iron quality was terrible. The metalworking actually became quite amazing because of all the effort required to remove said impurities.
End result: About average steel with a lot more effort required than most places.
They were cheap mass produced shit and they forgot how to make them good three times. You can't even say they put more effort into them when China was their neighbour. They didn't even put effort into them period, and the only time they did they acknowledged they looked pretty and were prone to shattering.

Are katanas that bad per se? I thought it was just crappy Japanese metalworking.
Yes, bad iron and bad metalworking.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #39911 on: July 21, 2014, 03:57:24 am »

But wouldn't a properly made katana with proper iron be a decent weapon in that case?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39912 on: July 21, 2014, 04:58:13 am »

But wouldn't a properly made katana with proper iron be a decent weapon in that case?
No. When they were first made they were made to be cheap, when they were made to be good they were working off of the shadow of a primitive design using primitive methods whilst the rest of the world continued developing their sword designs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #39913 on: July 21, 2014, 05:02:05 am »

So...

Katanas suck, Japanese iron sucks, and the Japanese themselves suck? I've read all three of them now :P

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39914 on: July 21, 2014, 05:07:04 am »

So...

Katanas suck, Japanese iron sucks, and the Japanese themselves suck? I've read all three of them now :P

It stinks! It stinks! It stinks! It stinks!
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 2659 2660 [2661] 2662 2663 ... 3345