Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2768 2769 [2770] 2771 2772 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428589 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

They did try the same thing concerning grades with me.
"Oh, all those video games are distracting you from doing your homework.  I'm taking away all your games."

HAHA same here. Except they also took away my ability to go beyond the yard of my house. Once, during summer.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Square eyes, wut?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... square eyes? Which was ninja'd, but okay.

As for the anger thing above, time and perspective has done much of it for me. Beyond the time/distance aspect, paying attention to what triggers anger and then, y'know, confronting it -- emotionally/intellectually if the causal factors can't be dealt with -- and deciding if something can be done (and then doing it, of course) has been my key. When something can't be done, I just remind myself of that fact and let things go. If nothing can be done, and the anger serves no use for me, then there's no need for it and it is to be discarded (eventually, anyway).

Meditation and whatnot, particularly the physical aspects such as breathing and muscle control, help a lot with that. It's a lot harder to get and stay angry when you can cut off and/or prevent the physiological aspects of it (muscle tension, faster/shallower breathing, etc.) from manifesting.

As for beating things up and that sort of thing, well, be very careful with that -- catharsis in general, really. It's been well identified that that is more likely to reinforce your temper than it is to diffuse it.

Also there's kinda' a ton of stuff on the net re: anger management. Skimming around google or whatever might not be a bad idea if you're looking for concrete steps/practices and the like. Just do check several sources and look for overlap, since there's also some bugnut insane stuff on the subject out there, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Never heard of that?

"If you stare at that screen all day, you'll get square eyes!"

Tends to only work on children, but they still try it every now and then.

It's along the same lines of "If you keep pulling faces, one day they'll be permanent!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

I got the whole spiel about games making people anti-social. Even that it made people 'fucked in the head', and turned them into serial killers.

Though my mom still has no idea how the rating system works, and thinks 'M' (17+) is okay and 'T' (13+) is not.

Heard it could make you blind, but not that your eyes would go square.

I have poor time management, and should be asleep if I want to be alert for work tomorrow, but my room still smells faintly of sewage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Never heard of that?

"If you stare at that screen all day, you'll get square eyes!"

Tends to only work on children, but they still try it every now and then.

It's along the same lines of "If you keep pulling faces, one day they'll be permanent!"
I have indeed never heard anyone claiming such will cause square eyes. "Face will get stuck like that", sure, but not square eyes. I honestly was figuring it was some kind of odd racial slur >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

My dad used to complain about me reading too much, saying I'd damage my eyes and go blind.
Now he complains about me reading too little.
My grandfather complained about me getting college books because "I already have too many books" and because he apparently thinks the only book I need to read is some ?history? book that he has.
Yeah.
Take a closer look at this text!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Old people are weird like that. My grandmother used to buy me lots of books, but as far as I can remember they had to be approved by her church or something weird. She was always upset when she saw me reading something that she hadn't given to me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

My dad used to complain about me reading too much, saying I'd damage my eyes and go blind.
Your dad complains about everything ever.

...Is there some reason you haven't murdered your family yet?
I know I would. Oh my shit would I murder the fuck out of your family.
And then I would revive them. So I could murder them some more.
I don't know what else I could possibly need if I had your family to repeatedly murder...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your dad complains about everything ever.

...Is there some reason you haven't murdered your family yet?
I know I would. Oh my shit would I murder the fuck out of your family.
And then I would revive them. So I could murder them some more.
I don't know what else I could possibly need if I had your family to repeatedly murder...
Couldn't Cmega get PTSD or something from that? And the bloodstains would be hard to remove.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Why would you assume that would be traumatizing? Given her daily life that would be downright fucking THERAPUETIC. Hell just hearing about what she goes through makes me smile at the potential stabbery of her family.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Old people are weird like that. My grandmother used to buy me lots of books, but as far as I can remember they had to be approved by her church or something weird. She was always upset when she saw me reading something that she hadn't given to me.
How dare you try to have thoughts outside what the church deems appropriate!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

How dare you try to have thoughts outside what the church deems appropriate!?
Do you deem it appropriate for me to join a Satanist cult?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 2768 2769 [2770] 2771 2772 ... 3345