Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2818 2819 [2820] 2821 2822 ... 3326

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 2026247 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: I AM SO SMRT Edition
« Reply #42285 on: September 03, 2014, 10:24:18 am »

Nah that's just what Swedish sounds like.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42286 on: September 03, 2014, 10:26:17 am »

I was going to link a Swedish Chef video for reference, but how can I choose just one?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42287 on: September 03, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »

Why was yesterday so hot? Even worse, the air conditioner burned out at work. It got so hot that the skin under my beard got so inflamed that it felt like it was on fire. That's never happened before, at least not as bad as that. I did finish the day like a true dwarf: continuing my work, and going hauling around the food and drink stocks while ignoring the fact that my face was on fire.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42288 on: September 03, 2014, 02:01:47 pm »

Why was yesterday so hot? Even worse, the air conditioner burned out at work. It got so hot that the skin under my beard got so inflamed that it felt like it was on fire. That's never happened before, at least not as bad as that. I did finish the day like a true dwarf: continuing my work, and going hauling around the food and drink stocks while ignoring the fact that my face was on fire.
My school has no air conditioning.

Yesterday felt like I was melting.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42289 on: September 03, 2014, 02:28:42 pm »

Nah that's just what Swedish sounds like.

No, that's just how Swedish LOOKS. Damn thing doesn't sound nowhere near as it looks.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42290 on: September 03, 2014, 02:30:19 pm »

True. It actually sounds like Dutch except for some reason you can't understand what's being said :P

And the weird stressing of every single syllable in each sentence.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science helps those in need.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #42291 on: September 03, 2014, 02:37:34 pm »

On school stuff: I always viewed it as a prison for kids (felt this way in high-school); lock em up so they don't bug anyone, give em a bunch of busywork to do, give them jack shit for advice (all these programs and special things I only learned about when it was too late, thanks counselors), and the few that manage to get into any sorta 'gifted and talented' programs, you take them outta class every month or two and give them a different kind of worksheet to do called 'logic sheets' and talk about how special they were and give them access to even busier work.

Its no wonder that lessons from school and general education are hard to remember.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also, A Visual Novel I've worked on Exogenesis
Twitter

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42292 on: September 03, 2014, 02:44:54 pm »

You probably just fell on your head as a baby.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42293 on: September 03, 2014, 03:03:52 pm »

For the past couple of days I've been getting headaches out of nowhere.  I normally don't have headaches.  My body is trying to tell me something and I have no idea what it wants, all I know is that I want it to shut up and let me get back to my normally scheduled program.

It's probably something to do with my eyes, my prescription is probably four years old now, but every optometrist I go to seems to have gone brain dead or something.  The one that I used to go to ended up with him actually yelling at me, shouting that "Blind people would love to have your glasses, I don't know why you can't see out of them."  Oh, he actually had the gall to tell me that "I can make blind people see, a dumb kid like you should just shut up and take what I give you."

I might not be quoting exactly, it's been three years since I went to him, but what in the hell man.  I just want a pair of glasses that works.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42294 on: September 03, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »

Yeessss... that's when you go to a different optometrist. Maybe take a trip to a different town or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42295 on: September 03, 2014, 03:22:06 pm »

I like Swedish.

For the past couple of days I've been getting headaches out of nowhere.  I normally don't have headaches.  My body is trying to tell me something and I have no idea what it wants, all I know is that I want it to shut up and let me get back to my normally scheduled program.
I'm someone who gets headaches with alarming regularity and no apparent cause. It sucks. Paracetamol doesn't work any more, because I've taken so much of the stuff. I can't remember what the chemical is that I use now, because I've actually run out.
If you don't know what else to do, buy a few different kinds of over-the-shelf painkillers, not necessarily for headaches, and see what works best. Granted, it's not an ideal solution, but it's better than having a headache all the time.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42296 on: September 03, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »

It's probably something to do with my eyes, my prescription is probably four years old now, but every optometrist I go to seems to have gone brain dead or something.  The one that I used to go to ended up with him actually yelling at me, shouting that "Blind people would love to have your glasses, I don't know why you can't see out of them."  Oh, he actually had the gall to tell me that "I can make blind people see, a dumb kid like you should just shut up and take what I give you."

I might not be quoting exactly, it's been three years since I went to him, but what in the hell man.  I just want a pair of glasses that works.
You probably just fell on your head as a baby.
I feel so useful today.

Kevak

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42297 on: September 03, 2014, 03:28:32 pm »

I get headaches because I often forget to hydrate.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42298 on: September 03, 2014, 03:35:30 pm »

I'd love to homeschool my kids. I work retail, though, and that provides zero stability in scheduling.
You probably wouldn't like it as much as you think, the homeschooling community is filled to the brim with zealots.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42299 on: September 03, 2014, 03:41:16 pm »

I'd love to homeschool my kids. I work retail, though, and that provides zero stability in scheduling.
You probably wouldn't like it as much as you think, the homeschooling community is filled to the brim with zealots.
The furry homeschooling community.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2818 2819 [2820] 2821 2822 ... 3326