Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2805 2806 [2807] 2808 2809 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382158 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

How do you think the last 3 of my bodies got here?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Are you sure the best way of testing the sharpness of a knife is by shanking Hello Nurse?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Not the best way, certainly.

But it is most definitely a way.

Another is putting it in Barney the Dinosaur's food and seeing what happens to his insides.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Hey, I didn't know they allowed internet access to insane asylums.

Huh.
... why wouldn't they? I mean, I could see blocked access to specific patients, but even beyond the staff probably needing access, limited or controlled (hell, outright unfettered, in some cases) access to the net is almost certainly good for certain therapies. Family/friend communication, if nothing else.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

'Twas a joke.

Jokes and reality don't mix well :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Ah, but reality is a joke! :P

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Exactly!

See Tumblr. Hours of fun.

WHY IS THE LAST OF US SO LOUD. I have no headphones and my brother has my mom's ps3 for a bit to play it. It's /so loud/. It may be the TV, but considering the aforementioned headphone problem, it's a bit hard to listen to my game :c

Moved into the living room so I can happily tf2 in peace. Only complaining now because I don't like joke posts when I have something to rage about.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Man vs train. What will happen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Exactly!

See Tumblr. Hours of fun.

WHY IS THE LAST OF US SO LOUD. I have no headphones and my brother has my mom's ps3 for a bit to play it. It's /so loud/. It may be the TV, but considering the aforementioned headphone problem, it's a bit hard to listen to my game :c

Moved into the living room so I can happily tf2 in peace. Only complaining now because I don't like joke posts when I have something to rage about.
Errr... Unless your TV only has a single volume setting, you could just ask your brother to turn it down.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was expecting a video of someone punching a train.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

nenjin: Second Amendment :P

Oh I dunno, I'm pretty sure somewhere some flag-wavin' dipshit would argue not allowing their child to fire an SMG is a violation of their right to free speech. Since Americans want to talk with BULLETS as it is.
We're having a lovely discussion about it on the US politics thread. Until I bailed because I'm just tired. I've seen too many goddamned stories like this and heard the rhetoric a million times over and I'm just fucking sick of it. This is the problem with the Internet, IMHO -- it encourages bad, careless behavior because it's a series of bubble universes. Someone is being a dick? You can ban them out of existence or you can pick up and move to another bubble.

In the real world, you have to live with these people and their poor decisions and the consequences of their poor decisions. And suggesting that these are poor decisions that perhaps should not be made is "liberal, big-government, freedom-hating oppression". Lately I've wished I could just tell the rest of humanity to go fuck themselves and carve out a little one-acre plot for myself and my SO and erect an insta-death impervious wall around it. Leave us the fuck alone, you gits. Shoot and bomb and kill yourselves back to the Stone Age for all I care, but leave us the fuck out of it.

(Sorry this is more rage than WTF...)
I hear you, man. Too often I'm too tired to say anything when I see people being dickheads. And I'm trapped between the realization that my failure to object contributes to the problem, and the knowledge that I can't care about everything, and there's a finite amount of shit I can motivate myself to speak up about in a day. So my options wind up being "Keep quiet and let things fester" and "Say something, but nothing meaningful or helpful, making myself just another dickhead contributing to the fight".

(crossposting due to topic)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I get so much awful junk mail that I didn't see the notification that my Oculus Rift had arrived 2 days ago and I could have been playing with it since Monday.
And now it's too late in the evening to pick up packages from the apartment management office. D:

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I was expecting a video of someone punching a train.
Sorry. I'll get on that soon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

You know that thing in movies where they run their thumb along the edge of a knife to check how sharp it it?
Don't actually do that.

I'm not even sure how that much blood can come out of a single digit but apparently it can.
i was going to say you did it wrong if you actually cut yourself but then i noticed you said run along in which case yeah you did a stupid thing. But you can safely test by just pressing to your finger without and slicing motion just start with little pressure and apply a bit more after its on there.
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

My mother is angry that my friend and his step-father are looking at my computer to see if they can find what is wrong.

Apparently she thinks that they will sabotage my (already broken) computer and charge me hundreds of dollars for repairs that they will not perform.

Without my desktop I am incredibly bored. The TV down here doesn't work and my laptop can't do squat.
Pages: 1 ... 2805 2806 [2807] 2808 2809 ... 3345