Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2806 2807 [2808] 2809 2810 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382402 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Exactly!

See Tumblr. Hours of fun.

WHY IS THE LAST OF US SO LOUD. I have no headphones and my brother has my mom's ps3 for a bit to play it. It's /so loud/. It may be the TV, but considering the aforementioned headphone problem, it's a bit hard to listen to my game :c

Moved into the living room so I can happily tf2 in peace. Only complaining now because I don't like joke posts when I have something to rage about.
Errr... Unless your TV only has a single volume setting, you could just ask your brother to turn it down.
Ah, but you see, Ice's brother is an ASSHOLE.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

My mother is angry that my friend and his step-father are looking at my computer to see if they can find what is wrong.

Apparently she thinks that they will sabotage my (already broken) computer and charge me hundreds of dollars for repairs that they will not perform.

Without my desktop I am incredibly bored. The TV down here doesn't work and my laptop can't do squat.

Does she ever ask you to help with her computer?

If so, perhaps you could sabatoge it yourself(Put a bat file designed to feign a terrible thing without doing anything) and have a little fun as she panics.

Of course, I don't say you should if you know your mother would get... Angry but it's always a fun thought.

/icegiveterribleadvice

Exactly!

See Tumblr. Hours of fun.

WHY IS THE LAST OF US SO LOUD. I have no headphones and my brother has my mom's ps3 for a bit to play it. It's /so loud/. It may be the TV, but considering the aforementioned headphone problem, it's a bit hard to listen to my game :c

Moved into the living room so I can happily tf2 in peace. Only complaining now because I don't like joke posts when I have something to rage about.
Errr... Unless your TV only has a single volume setting, you could just ask your brother to turn it down.
Ah, but you see, Ice's brother is an ASSHOLE.

Not an asshole per se, but it's more of the annoying brother. He can be nice at times :3

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

last night i was walking along and the person to my left suddenly started moving his wheelchair towards me so i jumped right and forward so i would not get hit and my god dam mother got angry at me for walking in front of him.

He was stationary when i first started walking should i have waited for him to go past me no because that would be stupid how could i know how long he would sit there for.
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

icegivesterribleadvice

Sometimes. But her computer is not good anyways. Why sabotage something that is already on its way out? The thing is even slower than my laptop.

It did fail once, but that just turned out to be because there was so much dust inside that the fans could no longer function. A quick cleaning and it worked fine again. As fine as a Vista with very low end components, even for its time, can be, anyways.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

My mother is angry that my friend and his step-father are looking at my computer to see if they can find what is wrong.

Apparently she thinks that they will sabotage my (already broken) computer and charge me hundreds of dollars for repairs that they will not perform.

Without my desktop I am incredibly bored. The TV down here doesn't work and my laptop can't do squat.
* II facepalms
Your mother. Seriously. It's a shame mental asylums have so much stricter entry requirements these days.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

There's a tiny little mosquito buzzing in my room...the whole house is quiet...except for that buzzing.

DAMMIT, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU BUZZING
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

icegivesterribleadvice

Sometimes. But her computer is not good anyways. Why sabotage something that is already on its way out? The thing is even slower than my laptop.

It did fail once, but that just turned out to be because there was so much dust inside that the fans could no longer function. A quick cleaning and it worked fine again. As fine as a Vista with very low end components, even for its time, can be, anyways.
I say skip the bat file and just put a live bat in her case. Then say she must have got it from a suspicious website, she should be more careful.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I hear you, man. Too often I'm too tired to say anything when I see people being dickheads. And I'm trapped between the realization that my failure to object contributes to the problem, and the knowledge that I can't care about everything, and there's a finite amount of shit I can motivate myself to speak up about in a day. So my options wind up being "Keep quiet and let things fester" and "Say something, but nothing meaningful or helpful, making myself just another dickhead contributing to the fight".

(crossposting due to topic)

It's been going through my head too. Not quite 'build a bunker and tell everyone to fuck off" but just heading out into the wilderness, probably to die at some point. I'm not suicidal but I'm increasingly looking around at my countrymen going ".....You're making this a world I don't want to live in." And I don't mean in the sarcastic meme. I mean I literally don't want to partake in a society that's got its head this far up its ass, and has this much impact on the world around it.

And it's not just the guns. It's the last 14 years of this country's mindset that I just can't take anymore. Everyone, even people trying to stay on the sidelines, are getting so wound up they want to snap too. No, it's probably not unique in history of American life experience. I'm sure living through the Civil War was like 8x as fucked. But for MY personal experience, shit is at an all time low for my country and I'm sick of the fighting, the continued upping of the political ante by common people who have lost sight of what's rational or appropriate. And although it's the cowards way out, the idea of of packing as much survival gear as I can and heading North, and not having to put up with the ever present cyclical madness of American society is seeming increasingly appealing. I used to think "Shit's bad but living in the woods like a trapper? Can't see it." Now, yeah, I get it. I really do. Just take yourself out of the scene entirely, to where you can't even hear the stupid shit your own people are saying and doing.

In the end this is all gutless whining, because I don't honestly hate my country enough to pack it all up and go somewhere else. But goddamnit, I used to be the person that was like "Hey, deep down inside we're all still the same people, essentially value the same stuff...." I can't even say that with a straight face anymore. Because some Americans have just gone off the fucking deep end completely, and I swear they'd let it all burn as long as they were the ones sitting on top of the pile of bodies.

In other news, Omaha Nebraska, about 40 minutes from me, has earned the dubious honor of being the first and only city where a cameraman for COPS has been shot and killed. Yeah, that's right. COPS has been going on for how long, and no cameraman was shot, let alone killed? It didn't happen in LA. Didn't happen in New York. Didn't happen in Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver or any place like that. No, Omaha Nebraska. He died in the hospital today.

WOOO NEBRASKA #1 WOOO. Between that and the Bullets and Burgers fucking stupidity, it's been quite a day for shootings.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:01:09 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I need to pee.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

Playing x-com enemy unknown again.
THE FIRST MISSION I LOST A GUY AND I KNOW ITS MY FAULT AHHHHHH
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I need to pee.
Have you heard of that wondrous fleshy extension of your body called a penis?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* LordSlowpoke has had the brilliant idea to drink a cup of coffee today

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE PLETHORA OF FEELINGS THIS GODFORSAKEN LIQUID RELEASES

WHY MUST IT BE SO GODDAMN DELICIOUS

e: have some more rage

fucking jingoist shitlords pushing for more unnecessary death if they want to wreck countries so much why won't they go to war themselves oh wait it's because the cerebrally-challenged sods will be sitting in some rat's ass of a swiss chateau rubbing their hands together while wads of dosh just magically flow into their pockets and people actually listen to these motherfuckers jesus christ
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:04:47 am by LordSlowpoke »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I need to pee.
Have you heard of that wondrous fleshy extension of your body called a penis?

I'm guessing he meant that he can't find a toilet in which to pee...

I'm going to assume he knows what God gave him to help him pee...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Yes, I was in fact on a train, which made it difficult to pee as I wasn't in a carriage with a toilet.
Don't worry though, I made it to my station without pissing myself. :)) Apparently I didn't need to pee quite as much as I thought I did, since said pee only took a few seconds under a minute, and that was with the less-powerful stream that sometimes results from holding one's bladder too long. Oh well.

Edit: Also, there was what appeared to be blood on the bathroom stall I used. It seemed to have been cleaned mostly off, but there was still dark red in the grouting (I think that's what the sealant between tiles is called?). Red ink, maybe, or maybe not.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

fucking jingoist shitlords pushing for more unnecessary death if they want to wreck countries so much why won't they go to war themselves oh wait it's because the cerebrally-challenged sods will be sitting in some rat's ass of a swiss chateau rubbing their hands together while wads of dosh just magically flow into their pockets and people actually listen to these motherfuckers jesus christ
Sure, because increasing military expenditure is totally unnecessary in a situation like this.

My rage: Appeasement. And pacifism, but that goes without saying.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2806 2807 [2808] 2809 2810 ... 3345