Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2838 2839 [2840] 2841 2842 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3416215 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: I AM SO SMRT Edition
« Reply #42585 on: September 03, 2014, 02:30:19 pm »

True. It actually sounds like Dutch except for some reason you can't understand what's being said :P

And the weird stressing of every single syllable in each sentence.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #42586 on: September 03, 2014, 02:37:34 pm »

On school stuff: I always viewed it as a prison for kids (felt this way in high-school); lock em up so they don't bug anyone, give em a bunch of busywork to do, give them jack shit for advice (all these programs and special things I only learned about when it was too late, thanks counselors), and the few that manage to get into any sorta 'gifted and talented' programs, you take them outta class every month or two and give them a different kind of worksheet to do called 'logic sheets' and talk about how special they were and give them access to even busier work.

Its no wonder that lessons from school and general education are hard to remember.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42587 on: September 03, 2014, 02:44:54 pm »

You probably just fell on your head as a baby.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42588 on: September 03, 2014, 03:03:52 pm »

For the past couple of days I've been getting headaches out of nowhere.  I normally don't have headaches.  My body is trying to tell me something and I have no idea what it wants, all I know is that I want it to shut up and let me get back to my normally scheduled program.

It's probably something to do with my eyes, my prescription is probably four years old now, but every optometrist I go to seems to have gone brain dead or something.  The one that I used to go to ended up with him actually yelling at me, shouting that "Blind people would love to have your glasses, I don't know why you can't see out of them."  Oh, he actually had the gall to tell me that "I can make blind people see, a dumb kid like you should just shut up and take what I give you."

I might not be quoting exactly, it's been three years since I went to him, but what in the hell man.  I just want a pair of glasses that works.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42589 on: September 03, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »

Yeessss... that's when you go to a different optometrist. Maybe take a trip to a different town or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42590 on: September 03, 2014, 03:22:06 pm »

I like Swedish.

For the past couple of days I've been getting headaches out of nowhere.  I normally don't have headaches.  My body is trying to tell me something and I have no idea what it wants, all I know is that I want it to shut up and let me get back to my normally scheduled program.
I'm someone who gets headaches with alarming regularity and no apparent cause. It sucks. Paracetamol doesn't work any more, because I've taken so much of the stuff. I can't remember what the chemical is that I use now, because I've actually run out.
If you don't know what else to do, buy a few different kinds of over-the-shelf painkillers, not necessarily for headaches, and see what works best. Granted, it's not an ideal solution, but it's better than having a headache all the time.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42591 on: September 03, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »

It's probably something to do with my eyes, my prescription is probably four years old now, but every optometrist I go to seems to have gone brain dead or something.  The one that I used to go to ended up with him actually yelling at me, shouting that "Blind people would love to have your glasses, I don't know why you can't see out of them."  Oh, he actually had the gall to tell me that "I can make blind people see, a dumb kid like you should just shut up and take what I give you."

I might not be quoting exactly, it's been three years since I went to him, but what in the hell man.  I just want a pair of glasses that works.
You probably just fell on your head as a baby.
I feel so useful today.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42592 on: September 03, 2014, 03:28:32 pm »

I get headaches because I often forget to hydrate.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42593 on: September 03, 2014, 03:35:30 pm »

I'd love to homeschool my kids. I work retail, though, and that provides zero stability in scheduling.
You probably wouldn't like it as much as you think, the homeschooling community is filled to the brim with zealots.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42594 on: September 03, 2014, 03:41:16 pm »

I'd love to homeschool my kids. I work retail, though, and that provides zero stability in scheduling.
You probably wouldn't like it as much as you think, the homeschooling community is filled to the brim with zealots.
The furry homeschooling community.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42595 on: September 03, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »

True. It actually sounds like Dutch except for some reason you can't understand what's being said :P

And the weird stressing of every single syllable in each sentence.

We don't do that at all! You're just jealous of our vast supply of elk shit.
Love, scriver~

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42596 on: September 03, 2014, 03:54:13 pm »

Sweden: Holding a monopoly in the world's elk shit market is not a mark of an effective economy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42597 on: September 03, 2014, 05:42:18 pm »

Wasn't there that thing about a woman homeschooling because the school didn't cater to her son being otherkin or something? Despite the fact their son didn't think he was?

If you think obnoxious, arrogant, crazy parents don't make life miserable for public school teachers too, I have news for you.

Crazies are crazies.  There's always a few wherever you go.  We had lots of great experiences homeschooling in many places, and statistically it seems to be even with government schooling in this country (in terms of SAT/ACT, college grades, etc).

Today, I managed to re-injure a joint that was almost healed. RRRAAAAGGGEEEE at going back into those braces again.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:44:08 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42598 on: September 03, 2014, 05:47:44 pm »

Wasn't there that thing about a woman homeschooling because the school didn't cater to her son being otherkin or something? Despite the fact their son didn't think he was?

You're welcome.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42599 on: September 03, 2014, 05:53:44 pm »

You're welcome.
No matter how many times I see this thing resurface it still pisses me off as if it were the first reading.
Pages: 1 ... 2838 2839 [2840] 2841 2842 ... 3345