Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3099 3100 [3101] 3102 3103 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3434439 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Shirtlords Edition
« Reply #46500 on: November 18, 2014, 04:36:06 pm »

So, is everybody discussing the shirt with the naked women on it that this scientist guy wore? I'd like to notice an interesting division here: most of the western girls and women I know condemn it, while most of the Eastern European and Asian girls really don't understand what the fuss is all about. Cultural differences or internalised sexism?

Feminism has ruined western females. Any guy who wants a real submissive dame has to go to the east for it.
I would really lke to see the face of an idiot who thinks that Slavic women are submissive.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46501 on: November 18, 2014, 04:52:59 pm »

The real difference is that westerners whine about it, while easterners put on their male stripper shirts and invite everyone to go get drunk and party.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #46502 on: November 18, 2014, 05:04:08 pm »

The real difference is that westerners whine about it, while easterners put on their male stripper shirts and invite everyone to go get drunk and party.

I thought it was all track suits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46503 on: November 18, 2014, 05:05:41 pm »

* Tiruin waves at Eric Blank.
Hello.

So, is everybody discussing the shirt with the naked women on it that this scientist guy wore? I'd like to notice an interesting division here: most of the western girls and women I know condemn it, while most of the Eastern European and Asian girls really don't understand what the fuss is all about. Cultural differences or internalised sexism?
Not traditional/long-standing cultural differences.
I could see what the fuss is about, but I didn't say anything because its irrelevant (also it may be due to the pervading culture of the area currently pertaining to where you saw it coming from). I mean, its all assuming many things of a guy...wearing a shirt. The same could be said about the majority of females, too. :P

Where I guess the condemnation originates from is I think is connected to [some of those...extremists? in] America(? seems to be from here at most) and all the fussyfuss about "feminism" (which is going to the extremes as I see it) and the like. Though just because it seems to come from that area (which I believe has a deeper root cause) doesn't mean its an east vs west thing straight out. Note that in that application--'western' women also went 'what is going on' when looking at this (and not condemning the guy).

What I was thinking anyway was "Huh. Shirt." then upon seeing the accusations towards that guy went all "Does he really believe that though?"
Overgeneralizing won't help though :P looking into the tiny (and pretty much real/individual matters) shows the subtle differences to how that guess applies to...err, females of an area.

My wording is messy.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:16:56 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46504 on: November 18, 2014, 05:10:29 pm »

Tiruin in a male stripper shirt?

Tiruin, what's your job?
Student :v
I was poking at EricBlank's joke because he is sillies. :P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46505 on: November 18, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »

i still want to know why you were wearing a male stripper shirt
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46506 on: November 18, 2014, 05:15:14 pm »

i still want to know why you were wearing a male stripper shirt
@_@
I...never had anything like that/said I did. You silly. :v

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #46507 on: November 18, 2014, 05:18:26 pm »

Wait, I'm confused. Why is Tiruin supposed to have been wearing stripper clothes? Is it something to do with her role as a student?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46508 on: November 18, 2014, 05:20:36 pm »

... you actually did, Tiru. Top of the page. You waved when blank mentioned the easterners in stripper shirts. That was definitely something construable as acknowledgement. A "Yes, I've done that" wave.

As for the role as a student. I'm not saying it's what's happening (in fact, I rather doubt it), but one of my cousins did bankroll part of their schooling as an exotic dancer. Dancing/stripping is far from an unknown part-time occupation for (college, anyway... sometimes earlier :-\) students.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46509 on: November 18, 2014, 05:22:42 pm »

Oh, that makes sense, hmm.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #46510 on: November 18, 2014, 05:23:11 pm »

Wait, I'm confused. Why is Tiruin supposed to have been wearing stripper clothes? Is it something to do with her role as a student?

There is no video nor photographic proof to assert or deny this claim
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46511 on: November 18, 2014, 05:23:34 pm »

... you actually did, Tiru. Top of the page. You waved when blank mentioned the easterners in stripper shirts. That was definitely something construable as acknowledgement. A "Yes, I've done that" wave.

As for the role as a student. I'm not saying it's what's happening (in fact, I rather doubt it), but one of my cousins did bankroll part of their schooling as an exotic dancer. Dancing/stripping is far from an unknown part-time occupation for (college, anyway... sometimes earlier :-\) students.
...Wait so y'all are really being serious about that?! :o
I should've edited in the part where I nudge him and use an orange marker to poke him.
Hmm.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46512 on: November 18, 2014, 05:24:16 pm »

Yep. Stripping is right up there with donating blood and sperm or participating in medical/psychological/pharmaceutical experiments of varying degrees of ethical oversight when it comes to making extra scratch for uni years.
--
Eh, more than anything else I'd chalk it up as another remnant of that peculiar strain of Puritanical prudishness Americans tend to have towards anything remotely hinting at sex. I personally don't have a problem with it (though I do want to know why that designer hasn't released her spear counterpart to it yet). The initial and minor internet hate machine reaction to it was overblown and unwarranted, as was the MRA counter-reaction.

That said, it's not appropriate attire for a professional participating in a televised announcement regarding a major project any more than any other colorful-print atrocity against fashion. Though I doubt there would have been a shitstorm about the guy wearing a Hawaiian neon/pastel floral print shirt, because we do tend to have a slight societal trend towards accepting eccentricities from bleeding edge researchers and the like.

So basically my view is that everyone taking shirtgate (*snrk*) at all seriously is probably entrenched to the point of delusion considering that there are actual problems ruining peoples' lives which are receiving less attention from the internet drama factory than this is. This is purely anecdotal, but I'd not even heard mention of this until a bunch of people started whining about feminists again, which seems to fit the recent pattern.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46513 on: November 18, 2014, 05:34:46 pm »

peculiar strain of Puritanical prudishness Americans tend to have towards anything remotely hinting at sex.
Fun fact: the Soviets had the same kind of that prudishness.

There was a joke about that: "There is no sex in USSR".
._.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46514 on: November 18, 2014, 05:35:19 pm »

...Wait so y'all are really being serious about that?! :o
I should've edited in the part where I nudge him and use an orange marker to poke him.
Hmm.
We're messing with you, Tir.
+1
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3099 3100 [3101] 3102 3103 ... 3345