Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3100 3101 [3102] 3103 3104 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382621 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Shirtlords Edition
« Reply #46515 on: November 18, 2014, 05:36:36 pm »

... you actually did, Tiru. Top of the page. You waved when blank mentioned the easterners in stripper shirts. That was definitely something construable as acknowledgement. A "Yes, I've done that" wave.

As for the role as a student. I'm not saying it's what's happening (in fact, I rather doubt it), but one of my cousins did bankroll part of their schooling as an exotic dancer. Dancing/stripping is far from an unknown part-time occupation for (college, anyway... sometimes earlier :-\) students.
...Wait so y'all are really being serious about that?! :o
I should've edited in the part where I nudge him and use an orange marker to poke him.
Hmm.
We're messing with you, Tir.
I know. :P
It would be real weird as if you all actually believed it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46516 on: November 18, 2014, 05:42:30 pm »

peculiar strain of Puritanical prudishness Americans tend to have towards anything remotely hinting at sex.
Fun fact: the Soviets had the same kind of that prudishness.

There was a joke about that: "There is no sex in USSR".
About here is the appropriate place for a joke about the US and USSR being a bad couple because they were too much alike.

Though I should probably head off the "OMG but that's actually historically inaccurate &c." off at the pass.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46517 on: November 18, 2014, 07:48:25 pm »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46518 on: November 18, 2014, 08:45:09 pm »

Yes, that has been mentioned several times. :P

Rage today; I keep burning my damn hand! The same poor hand, over and over.
And I can't. Type for shit on my phone here. Keep pressing all the wrong buttons.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46519 on: November 18, 2014, 09:05:22 pm »

This guy. I hate him, and I have to live with him. He watches the Disney Channel and E News and acts like a 14 year old. He thinks "swag" is cool. He acts super flamboyant and effeminate and swears up and down that he's straight and has a girlfriend. His laugh is like nails on a chalkboard and I can hear it on the other side of the house with headphones on. He thinks everything he says is funny and insightful and never shuts up even when people are talking. Either that or he's not paying attention at all and tells you to repeat everything you say back to him about 3 times. The worst part is that if I tell him what I really think of him, I'll be considered an instigator and get in trouble, and I'm already on thin ice with all of these rule changes anyway.
I just want him out of here so that he's not a constant assault on my senses and I can enjoy being at home again.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #46520 on: November 18, 2014, 09:09:31 pm »

The joys of roommates, AlleeCat.

Meanwhile, my roommates are yelling at their EA sports game because the lines of code and graphics on the screen made to resemble real athletes aren't playing like the real athletes they're based on. "X couldn't have made that basketball shot in real life, this game is bullshit!" Nah, it's not like it's NOT REAL or anything.

Your guy sounds worse though.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #46521 on: November 18, 2014, 09:14:25 pm »

This guy. I hate him, and I have to live with him. He watches the Disney Channel and E News
Stop right there and let me punch this guy.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46522 on: November 18, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »

This guy. I hate him, and I have to live with him. He watches the Disney Channel and E News and acts like a 14 year old. He thinks "swag" is cool. He acts super flamboyant and effeminate and swears up and down that he's straight and has a girlfriend. His laugh is like nails on a chalkboard and I can hear it on the other side of the house with headphones on. He thinks everything he says is funny and insightful and never shuts up even when people are talking. Either that or he's not paying attention at all and tells you to repeat everything you say back to him about 3 times. The worst part is that if I tell him what I really think of him, I'll be considered an instigator and get in trouble, and I'm already on thin ice with all of these rule changes anyway.
I just want him out of here so that he's not a constant assault on my senses and I can enjoy being at home again.
What's an instigator and what do you get if you become one?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #46523 on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:59 pm »

How the fuck does the world continue to function when the people in charge of it are so fucking narcissistic and stupid.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46524 on: November 18, 2014, 09:21:01 pm »

Not to mention the other guy who's a total misogynist with no filter and pretends to be an ally even though he says some of the most homophobic and transphobic shit and somehow gets away with it. This guy has Gonorrhea and quite possibly HIV, and posts personal ads on Craigslist about how he wants someone to "gag on his big ginger dick," therefor knowingly spreading STDs. At one point we haqd a house meeting talking about sexuality and gender identity, and he asks the presenter, "Hey what do you know about 'tantric sex'?" When we tried to tell him sex and sexuality were two different things, he went "Is it, though? is it really?" Basically, I'm living with someone who's just an idiot, and someone who is a straight up dickhead.

It just means that the staff of the house are going to see it as me trying to insult him and start problems for no reason.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46525 on: November 18, 2014, 09:22:14 pm »

How the fuck does the world continue to function when the people in charge of it are so fucking narcissistic and stupid.
Because of us "little" people who keep it functioning. The stupid narcissists just get the news and the rumors of the day.
...Though not all those who are in charge are of that calibre.

*hugs to Allee* :-\
...Humm...I'll upload something for you--only need to find it -.-
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:37:30 pm by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46526 on: November 18, 2014, 09:31:14 pm »

A certain avatar that I've seen a few times on the forums springs to mind. Have you considered snakes?

Also:
pretends to be an ally
A what now?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46527 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:04 pm »

I have no idea what the hell is wrong with my mom's boyfriend. One minute he's screaming his head off and the next he's fine, and claims to have no recollection of his yelling.

We should start recording him or something. Literally screaming at my mom about how he shouldn't have to pay her a dime once they split up, and how if anything she should be paying him to be allowed to leave. He then said that he was going to charge her for the work he did on the house. Then he asked her if she wanted a tea, as if they weren't just screaming at each-other.

I just don't understand. I think there may be something mentally wrong with him. Sometimes he tries to argue with the TV.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46528 on: November 18, 2014, 09:36:14 pm »

Not to mention the other guy who's a total misogynist with no filter and pretends to be an ally even though he says some of the most homophobic and transphobic shit and somehow gets away with it. This guy has Gonorrhea and quite possibly HIV, and posts personal ads on Craigslist about how he wants someone to "gag on his big ginger dick," therefor knowingly spreading STDs. At one point we haqd a house meeting talking about sexuality and gender identity, and he asks the presenter, "Hey what do you know about 'tantric sex'?" When we tried to tell him sex and sexuality were two different things, he went "Is it, though? is it really?" Basically, I'm living with someone who's just an idiot, and someone who is a straight up dickhead.

It just means that the staff of the house are going to see it as me trying to insult him and start problems for no reason.
Can't you tell the house staff about how the sexist guy is abusive? I thought this kind of behavior was a big deal now.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46529 on: November 18, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »

A certain avatar that I've seen a few times on the forums springs to mind. Have you considered snakes?

Also:
pretends to be an ally
A what now?
An ally. Someone who is sympathetic to a group of oppressed people and is willing to help them out of oppression. i.e. Someone who identifies as straight, but helps support gay rights.

Can't you tell the house staff about how the sexist guy is abusive? I thought this kind of behavior was a big deal now.
Oh, I've tried. They basically can't do anything unless they see it happen, and even then it's mostly a slap on the wrist and a "Hey don't do that." The only other thing they can do is hold a mediated discussion between us where nothing will get accomplished and I'll just end up more worked up than I started.
Pages: 1 ... 3100 3101 [3102] 3103 3104 ... 3345