Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3198 3199 [3200] 3201 3202 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382114 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Steam-ing Pile of Edition
« Reply #47985 on: December 24, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »

Wait.. Wait, holdup, wait a second.

There's a North America!?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #47986 on: December 24, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »

Wait, hold on, there's an entire Western Hemisphere?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #47987 on: December 24, 2014, 04:49:43 pm »

What the sod is Earth?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47988 on: December 24, 2014, 04:51:22 pm »

Wait.. Wait, holdup, wait a second.

There's a North America!?
Indeed! Despite never hearing about it, there's actually a south and central america (though the latter is part of the north american continent). This requires separating the americas into pieces! It's honestly almost amazing that an entire continent, home to many millions of individuals and one of the largest economic blocs in the world, gets almost no news coverage in many places.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47989 on: December 24, 2014, 04:53:44 pm »

What the sod is Earth?
I heard SOMETHING about a 'solar system', but I'm pretty sure someone made it up. The planets there are supposedly round! Sounds like crap.
A planet? What are you from, ṯ̴̢̼͇͇̺̥̬͖͇̭̯̘̙̪͔̈́̌̿͘ḩ̷̪͈̱̲̝̼̤͉ͥ͛ͭ̂ͪ͗͛̌̀̉̕é̡̢̽̆̾̉̌͂̒͒ͩ͌̔̚͡҉̤̗͉̦͇͎̭̠̳ ̵̧̛͙̘͎̫̫̦̟̟̞̹̖͙̼̰͐̉̃̀́̉́̒͆͘ȕ͈̠̰̯̟̤̣͓̤͙̰̟̉́̃͑ͯ͌̅ͩ̿͟͟n̵̡̛̛̘̻̯̣̪̘̞̗̦̻̘̦̟̥̘̭̙ͨͫ̄̂̈́̏̎ͦ̿̒̓͗̊̆́î̧͚̣͚̞͓̱̗̭̭̟͐̒ͦ̇̇̀́͢v̸̴̨̢͔͉̰̫̦̼͉̗̞̯̣͙͍̹̲͎͕͕ͨ̃̽̒ͭ̕e̢̡̯̙̮̗̮̟̼͛̆̔͋ͯ͂̓̎̏̓̃̾͑̎ͯ̀ͬ́͘r͐̅͊͆̑ͭ̈́ͫͦ̃̋̄̆̃͏̷̩̲͇̪͘͞s̵͙̬̲̤̳͈͓̺͈̥̿̄ͫ͂͗̑́̎͂͊͋ͫ̈̄ͪ́́̚͞e̷̸̶̷̟̰̖̳̻̩͊̋̑̿ͨͨͯ͋ͩ̓͂ͣͭ̈̊ͧ͌̚͟?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #47990 on: December 24, 2014, 05:05:41 pm »

What the sod is Earth?
I heard SOMETHING about a 'solar system', but I'm pretty sure someone made it up. The planets there are supposedly round! Sounds like crap.
A planet? What are you from, ṯ̴̢̼͇͇̺̥̬͖͇̭̯̘̙̪͔̈́̌̿͘ḩ̷̪͈̱̲̝̼̤͉ͥ͛ͭ̂ͪ͗͛̌̀̉̕é̡̢̽̆̾̉̌͂̒͒ͩ͌̔̚͡҉̤̗͉̦͇͎̭̠̳ ̵̧̛͙̘͎̫̫̦̟̟̞̹̖͙̼̰͐̉̃̀́̉́̒͆͘ȕ͈̠̰̯̟̤̣͓̤͙̰̟̉́̃͑ͯ͌̅ͩ̿͟͟n̵̡̛̛̘̻̯̣̪̘̞̗̦̻̘̦̟̥̘̭̙ͨͫ̄̂̈́̏̎ͦ̿̒̓͗̊̆́î̧͚̣͚̞͓̱̗̭̭̟͐̒ͦ̇̇̀́͢v̸̴̨̢͔͉̰̫̦̼͉̗̞̯̣͙͍̹̲͎͕͕ͨ̃̽̒ͭ̕e̢̡̯̙̮̗̮̟̼͛̆̔͋ͯ͂̓̎̏̓̃̾͑̎ͯ̀ͬ́͘r͐̅͊͆̑ͭ̈́ͫͦ̃̋̄̆̃͏̷̩̲͇̪͘͞s̵͙̬̲̤̳͈͓̺͈̥̿̄ͫ͂͗̑́̎͂͊͋ͫ̈̄ͪ́́̚͞e̷̸̶̷̟̰̖̳̻̩͊̋̑̿ͨͨͯ͋ͩ̓͂ͣͭ̈̊ͧ͌̚͟?
I... think so? I dunno, don't remember much after falling into that blackhole.
Oi! Watch yourself. The term is 'Spacetime Regions of Colour', and I'll thank you to remember it.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47991 on: December 24, 2014, 05:07:36 pm »

Every time someone in the last couple of pages mentions CA, I think "Duh, of course California is part of North America".
<_<;

That's kind of what I thought on this page too.

My dad just said the computer "probably lowers my defenses because I stay inside all day."
I think at this point he's just playing pin-the-tail on the donkey, and pinning every single bad thing on me playing computer games.

Even if he were right, what's the alternative? There's a three meter wall with electric fencing on top surrounding my house; I can't go past that. The only other thing you can do besides walking in circles is using the trampoline, which is pretty fun but not something you do all day.
Uh.

Are you in prison?

She's in South America with a Pair of Fundies as Parents.

Well, she IS in Honduras and I guess in an area with really bad crime, but uh, electric fencing???

Is every house on the block like that or something? That's not a house, that's a freaking FORTRESS. Too bad it's not a dwarven one though.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47992 on: December 24, 2014, 05:11:50 pm »

Well, she IS in Honduras and I guess in an area with really bad crime, but uh, electric fencing???
The city has the highest person-to-murder ratio of any city in the world, IIRC.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47993 on: December 24, 2014, 05:18:04 pm »

I have a question Caroline, do you wear body armor when you leave the house? Because the whole setting is horribly dystopian.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47994 on: December 24, 2014, 05:24:42 pm »

Fucking GEEZE! In that situation, I would absolutely not go outside without full body armor, perhaps two layers of it. Or just never go outside.

The description alone makes Baghdad during some of the worse times of the Iraq War (not including the aeiral bombing) sound safer.

What the heck is so messed up about Honduras that the city looks like something out of a postapocalyptic dystopia? Okay maybe not postapocalyptic, but severely dystopian.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47995 on: December 24, 2014, 05:27:05 pm »

Central America is wracked with drug cartel violence.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47996 on: December 24, 2014, 05:27:15 pm »

What the heck is so messed up about Honduras that the city looks like something out of a postapocalyptic dystopia? Okay maybe not postapocalyptic, but severely dystopian.
Certain specific attitudes ._.

And the stoopidity that is drugs. >_>

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47997 on: December 24, 2014, 05:32:14 pm »

Mexico (which is in NORTH America btw) seems to have it worst, or maybe it's just that I hear about it more often because it's a negboring country.

I wouldn't be surprised if even babies wore body armor, but that has the problem of making them immobile and possibly impede breathing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47998 on: December 24, 2014, 05:37:16 pm »

Mexico (which is in NORTH America btw) seems to have it worst, or maybe it's just that I hear about it more often because it's a negboring country.
From what I've read, and mind you I'm no expert, severe drug cartel violence is a problem from Mexico all the way to Brazil and Peru. Colombia certainly has massive issues with it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47999 on: December 24, 2014, 05:47:24 pm »

Central America is wracked with drug cartel violence.

And, more specifically, I believe Honduras is one of the main stops along the drug route from South America into the US. Thus drug cartels.

One good argument for cannabis legalisation. They tend to derive a lot of their income from that. It goes, they get a LOT weaker.

Or, you know, not doing drugs you didn't grow yourself. :v

I think cocaine is the main product, though.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3198 3199 [3200] 3201 3202 ... 3345