Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3227 3228 [3229] 3230 3231 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381534 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

And my girlfriend's mom hates me for some reason (Maybe because she still prefers her old boyfriend, even though they haven't seen each other for years) and so her mom will not even let her get a phone because she might use it to call me. She cannot go out to movies with her friends because I might go and meet her there.

I haven't done anything wrong, I don't know why she dislikes me so much!

You really cant see why the parent of a girl (presumably a teenage girl) dislikes a boy (presumably teenage) on principle alone? You have a lot to learn, young padawan.
This is a blank sig.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

You don't have to do anything to have her hate you. Child overprotectiveness at play.

Pretty much the only thing you can do is be aggressively nice. It won't make her hate you any less, but it'll be harder to justify.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

And my girlfriend's mom hates me for some reason (Maybe because she still prefers her old boyfriend, even though they haven't seen each other for years) and so her mom will not even let her get a phone because she might use it to call me. She cannot go out to movies with her friends because I might go and meet her there.

You really cant see why the parent of a girl (presumably a teenage girl) dislikes a boy (presumably teenage) on principle alone? You have a lot to learn, young padawan.
Same here, can't see why that should occur by "principle" alone. :P
It's quite...strange and not that reasonable...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Reason has little to do with lashing out at every <appropriate genitalia reference> that approaches your immaculate bedmess spawn.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Turns out the lack of any Verizon services was due to the earlier blackout frying the box.

Now there's nothing in house till repairs come. Tommorow

ARGHHHH
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Isn't Kal a ladyface?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

She is. I remember this coming up in Mafia. You all are turrible.

Maybe she dislikes her because, "LESBIANS! EVIL!"

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

You don't have to do anything to have her hate you. Child overprotectiveness at play.

Pretty much the only thing you can do is be aggressively nice. It won't make her hate you any less, but it'll be harder to justify.
I can see over-protectiveness, but there is a difference between being overprotective and screaming at your daughter for 15 minutes because her boyfriend might have driven her home from a church dance. (I didn't even, she got a ride from her friend's mom.)

Also, my gf's ex used to do things like sneaking over to her house at night, taking her out without permission, things like that. Her mom still adores him...

Isn't Kal a ladyface?
I'm still physically male.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

With such a mom, I wouldn't be surprised if she were a Bay12er too.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can see over-protectiveness, but there is a difference between being overprotective and screaming at your daughter for 15 minutes because her boyfriend might have driven her home from a church dance. (I didn't even, she got a ride from her friend's mom.)

Also, my gf's ex used to do things like sneaking over to her house at night, taking her out without permission, things like that. Her mom still adores him...
Oh. That's perplexing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't Kal a ladyface?
I'm still physically male.
*ahem* Depends on your definition of "physically." I would consider myself to be physically female, despite only being on hormones for half a year and being pre-op.
After all, there are three different types of gender. In fact, Hank Green explains it pretty well.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

>Reading Game of Thrones, because literature

>Put it down two days ago to go socialize with relatives

>Once relatives are gone, breath sigh of relief and go pick up book again

>Cannot find book

>Spend 2-3 hours turning the entire house upside down

>Give up.

>This morning, wake up, don socks.

>Notice suspiciously rectangular lump in socks

>Identify lump as Game of Thrones

>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How did you manage to accidentally stuff a book in a sock?

I could see if you were hiding it and forgot where, but to manage without noticing?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You put a book in your sock?

Argh. Ninjas.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A friend's in a really bad spot right now, trapped in a vicious cycle. She's 20, no job, and is 100% reliant on her family to support her. However, her family is finally pulling the plug because she's 19, no job, and spends all her time and allowance on Cosplay. She's a very in-character cosplayer escapist. She can't get a job because she has no car, and she has no car because she spends $1500 a month on Cosplay materials. The more her family shuts off support, the worse she feels, and the deeper she delves into (already concerning) Cosplay fantasies.

I've tried to help her, but she will have none of it.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.
Pages: 1 ... 3227 3228 [3229] 3230 3231 ... 3345