Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3264 3265 [3266] 3267 3268 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382587 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLUSH THAT SHIT Edition
« Reply #48975 on: January 13, 2015, 09:30:14 pm »

"If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down"
I flush *public* toilets, since the next person will just get grossed out and do it anyway, but I like no-flush urinals.  They save water.  At home, I'd rather clean my toilet more often than flush 4-10 times as often.

I too observe these rules. But I'm just a cheap sonofabitch.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48976 on: January 13, 2015, 09:30:44 pm »

If you guys want to see some really bad toilets, you should look up параша.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48977 on: January 13, 2015, 09:30:58 pm »

...TMI, man.

On that note, I will report people for making this grosser than it already is. You've been warned.

For those raging about toilets, at least in those cases people had the option to not flush. At some buildings in my university, bathrooms have no water until preset times (also known as the time janitors come around to clean), supposedly to prevent people from flushing non-stop like imbeciles or leaving faucets open. That, however, has the side effect of creating a horrid stench strong enough to make people gag. Add that to cheap low-quality food and you get the worst toilets I've ever been to, and I've been to some REALLY bad ones (one was a glorified recess in the wall with a perpetually wet urinal, it was still better).

Part of the reason we have water in toilet bowls to begin with is because it seals out the smell of the sewage pipe it connects to. Why am I not surprised that it's a University though. My university went around and uninstalled every other light across the entire campus in order to save money during the recession. I did a story on it for class, where they had a warehouse and stacks and stacks of those long industrial bulbs they'd removed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48979 on: January 13, 2015, 09:32:11 pm »

The Toilet Thread, otherwise known as "How long can Bay12 keep up the illusion of maturity" Thread :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #48981 on: January 13, 2015, 09:34:22 pm »

Get your toilet crap out of my rage thread.
Pun intended?
Of course.

The Toilet Thread, otherwise known as "How long can Bay12 keep up the illusion of maturity" Thread :P
Pretty much. It's a shame Yoink wasn't around to make it.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48982 on: January 13, 2015, 09:37:04 pm »

He's Bathtub, not Toilet.

If the mii he gave to IronTomato for that one LP means anything.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48983 on: January 13, 2015, 09:39:48 pm »

Why am I not surprised that it's a University though. My university went around and uninstalled every other light across the entire campus in order to save money during the recession. I did a story on it for class, where they had a warehouse and stacks and stacks of those long industrial bulbs they'd removed.
I've personally never really understood why finance conscious unis turn on the lights at freaking all during the day (barring significant overclouding, anyway). Just open the bloody blinds y'slags. Maybe strategically place some mirrors or somethin' to get better lighting splashed around.

Exceptions for rooms without access to the outside of the building, of course, but at least in the ones I've been to that comprised something like <1/10th of the campus rooms.

Also, related to that, people who turn on those goddamn schlong sucking florescent bullfuckers when it's a half-hour+ before class and everyone else that's been loitering in the actually reasonable lighting is perfectly content can go drown in a bucket of something unilaterally unpleasant. Hate those freaking lightbulbs so gorram much. Especially when it's like seven or something in the morning, good gods.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48984 on: January 13, 2015, 10:03:37 pm »

Why am I not surprised that it's a University though. My university went around and uninstalled every other light across the entire campus in order to save money during the recession. I did a story on it for class, where they had a warehouse and stacks and stacks of those long industrial bulbs they'd removed.
I've personally never really understood why finance conscious unis turn on the lights at freaking all during the day (barring significant overclouding, anyway). Just open the bloody blinds y'slags. Maybe strategically place some mirrors or somethin' to get better lighting splashed around.

Exceptions for rooms without access to the outside of the building, of course, but at least in the ones I've been to that comprised something like <1/10th of the campus rooms.

Also, related to that, people who turn on those goddamn schlong sucking florescent bullfuckers when it's a half-hour+ before class and everyone else that's been loitering in the actually reasonable lighting is perfectly content can go drown in a bucket of something unilaterally unpleasant. Hate those freaking lightbulbs so gorram much. Especially when it's like seven or something in the morning, good gods.

I know this feeling. They keep the goddam high powered fluorescent bulbs on 24/7 in my dorm building, they're so strong that I can see most of the floor pretty clearly no matter how dark it is outside. And when I step out into the light in the morning, it is physically painful. I just stumble blindly down the hallway if it's early enough that there's no natural light outside and I can't turn anything on to adjust because my damn roommate doesn't need to get up until much later. Bastard gets hours longer to sleep than I do and snores like an idling bus. I thought the guy last semester was bad.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48985 on: January 13, 2015, 10:11:20 pm »

Man, for my last dorm room, we had bunk beds, and I had one of those paper lantern things. Lucky cat on it and everything. Hung it from the bottom of one of the bunks and mostly managed to convince both my room mates to use that most of the time. Place looked like it was a red light district, but by the nonexistent gods if that wasn't an improvement over what was on the ceiling. Those long florescent lightbulbs can go die in a fire. Every last freaking one of them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #48986 on: January 13, 2015, 10:40:22 pm »

Have a tiny fracture on my elbow from falling on black ice.  Doctor says it will heal as long as I don't make it worse.

Today I'm kneeling down to look at something and I lean back to see it from a different angle.  In the process I try to put weight on my arm.  FUCKKKKKKK

And now the webpage I'm trying to load to distract myself from this is lagging to hell for no reason.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48987 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:33 pm »

Aww. I missed my chance to relay the story of the time someone took a dump in the change room when i worked store standards at walmart. Looked at the newer guys and said "sorry, Im on lunch".

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #48988 on: January 13, 2015, 11:50:41 pm »

We have a thread for that now, because apparently I took leave of my senses.
Get your toilet crap out of my rage thread.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #48989 on: January 13, 2015, 11:51:21 pm »

Quote from: Kal's girlfriend
Oh and my mom freaked on me because I got a ride from you. So she sort of threatened me to make me leave the house and live somewhere else if I dont break up with you. I say sort of because I know she wont do that at the moment because she needs me for [baby brother].
I don't even... I drove her ~three blocks from our church to her house.
Pages: 1 ... 3264 3265 [3266] 3267 3268 ... 3345