Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3278 3279 [3280] 3281 3282 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383568 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLUSH THAT SHIT Edition
« Reply #49185 on: January 17, 2015, 11:39:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49186 on: January 17, 2015, 11:41:18 am »

Pretty sure another of my friends is taking heroin. Idk what even. Why is everyone I know constantly trying to ride the merry-go-round of self-destruction? O_o
I still don't get why it's all fun and games if you ingest toxic shit like alcohol and do drugs, but the moment you start making yourself bleed for fun then it means you need help.
I've had friends who get shitfaced drunk or blaze it all the time. They do not in any way compare to what happened to the friend who got hooked on heroin at 15.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #49187 on: January 17, 2015, 11:43:26 am »

Objective was referring to cutting, I think.

It's because the danger is clear. I can't see my liver (unless my death is imminent for non-alcohol related reasons) but I can see the scars where I've cut myself.

Also I disapprove of both.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49188 on: January 17, 2015, 12:05:50 pm »

Self harm is more akin to alcoholism than drinking for fun.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49189 on: January 17, 2015, 12:19:33 pm »

Objective was referring to cutting, I think.

It's because the danger is clear. I can't see my liver (unless my death is imminent for non-alcohol related reasons) but I can see the scars where I've cut myself.

Also I disapprove of both.
I was confused because he quoted something about heroin and was talking about self-harm. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49190 on: January 17, 2015, 12:35:42 pm »

My mom has suggested listing me as a dependant on her tax form, and that she'd spot me a few hundred dollars from the credit she gets from that. I don't know why I'm posting it here, since that could solve some immediate problems. Maybe because she'd do it whether I let her or not, and I may as well get some money off of it. I don't know how that would effect my own tax return, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49191 on: January 17, 2015, 12:37:44 pm »

Flying Dice's link to the IMDB page for Face/Off sort of... uh, triggered me? Their sidebar thing of Oscar snubs was, uh, well...

Basically, The Lego Movie wasn't even nominated for Best Animated Feature and Interstellar missed pretty much everything outside the technical categories. Of course, normal people stopped taking these sorts of awards seriously years ago, but those two snubs in particular set me off because those are some of the best films I've seen in years and neither one of them is even getting consideration because the Academy sucks Disney's dick for animated shit and can't take even the most down-to-earth science fiction movies seriously.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49192 on: January 17, 2015, 12:55:35 pm »

I'm glad I don't drink much soft drink (or soda, which is a far better term for it).
I only really drink it mixed with alcohol... unless it's Mountain Dew. I like that stuff, and so I make sure never to buy it. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49193 on: January 17, 2015, 01:43:45 pm »

On carbonated beverage related rage, just now my stepdad offered me a glass of water, I took a gulp and AAGH IT BURNS MY MOUTH JESUS WHAT IS WRONG.
It was soda water. Why do people even drink that shit?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #49194 on: January 17, 2015, 01:50:20 pm »

One of my classes for the upcoming semester got moved to the building that serves as overflow space, because they're (still) not finished renovating the building it was going to be in.

It is now significantly out of the way. It used to be on the way back to my dorm. Now it's off campus. I have 15 minutes to get there after my last class, and I have to walk.

Fuck I'm just glad that class a: only meets twice a week, b: is not on the same day as my class that is on the complete opposite side of campus from it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #49195 on: January 17, 2015, 01:50:57 pm »

Unsweetened sparkling water? Worst kind of sparkling drink ever; I can't stand carbonation if it isn't sugared up.

I know that isn't healthy for me, but it's such an awful taste; the feeling is nice, but the taste is bad, and needs covering up with sweet.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #49196 on: January 17, 2015, 01:52:06 pm »

The feeling is bad and the taste is bad. I don't understand carbonation, ever.

When I said I drink half a glass of soda a day? That's mixed with milk or water to take the bubbles off.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #49197 on: January 17, 2015, 01:53:21 pm »

Unsweetened sparkling water? Worst kind of sparkling drink ever; I can't stand carbonation if it isn't sugared up.

I know that isn't healthy for me, but it's such an awful taste; the feeling is nice, but the taste is bad, and needs covering up with sweet.

I agree, it's terrible.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #49198 on: January 17, 2015, 01:54:45 pm »

Basically, The Lego Movie wasn't even nominated for Best Animated Feature and Interstellar missed pretty much everything outside the technical categories. Of course, normal people stopped taking these sorts of awards seriously years ago, but those two snubs in particular set me off because those are some of the best films I've seen in years and neither one of them is even getting consideration because the Academy sucks Disney's dick for animated shit and can't take even the most down-to-earth science fiction movies seriously.
Same reason Fire Emblem: Awakening didn't get any awards--it was released the same year as The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, which was basically Link to the Past but IN THE FUTURE! and WITH WALL CRAP! and WITH EVEN LESS PLOT!(it even had the same art style and same half an overworld for the triforce's sake), causing LBW to get any of the awards the excellent Awakening should have gotten by virtue of being a Zelda game.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49199 on: January 17, 2015, 02:16:29 pm »

You know what puts me in a great fucking mood? When, minutes after I've woken up, without even being greeted, my grandfather yells at me to get dressed and go shovel. As in, yelled like I did something wrong, by being fucking asleep. AAAAGRH. FUCK.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 3278 3279 [3280] 3281 3282 ... 3345