Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3298 3299 [3300] 3301 3302 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381625 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Decimals of Wrath Edition
« Reply #49486 on: January 21, 2015, 11:02:07 pm »

this conversation is turning out to be one of my favourite bay12 conversations

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49487 on: January 21, 2015, 11:03:02 pm »

guys this is starting to sound eversoslightly arguing
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49488 on: January 21, 2015, 11:08:00 pm »

guys this is starting to sound eversoslightly arguing
You braindead wanker we aren't arguing.
<3
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49489 on: January 21, 2015, 11:29:55 pm »

<3
I think you need to write it like this:
~<3 LOVE <3~

That way it's fabulous

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49490 on: January 21, 2015, 11:42:21 pm »

So I was playing Breaking Point (tl;dr a DayZ submod transitioned onto ArmA 3) on my Survivalist on New Haven. I'd gone out to the island on the east of the map, nearly starving on the way (a fucking 25 minute swim), but lucked out. Up in the military base on the plateau, I geared up nearly completely. Rangefinger, GPS, Survival pack, the works. I had an M4 Blackout Bayonet in my rucksack and a newly looted DMR in my hands, with seven mags for the latter, including two of the high-velocity 30rd ones. I'd not quite gotten all the mats I needed to set up storage yet, though.

I hear footsteps downstairs and switch the DMR over to full auto. A fucking None class (the class with no progression, completely disassociated from the class system the mod has going on, intended for people who're just on to dick around and learn) pops around the corner I'm waiting on without peeking -- the server I play on is 1st person-locked. By the time he saw me I'd put half of a twenty-round DMR mag into center mass, walking it up to his head.

The fucker still managed to dome me with his rusty M4A3 when he should bloody well have been dead already. We died at the same time, and he ragequit about ten seconds later, leaving me down 100 points and a full set of gear, something like four hours of time down the drain when I was maybe an hour away from setting up storage to protect against random shit like that (unfortunately I don't know anyone else and thus can't set up a crew, since 95% of players are still, as is DayZ tradition, KoSing retards). By the by, this was the only 1st-person-only New Haven server I could find with decent ping, and there were six gorram people on at the time, including me. And I'd been periodically scoping out the channel for other swimmers, so pretty much the only way the bugger could have got onto the island was if he was server-hopping to loot farm.

Forget fucking League, ArmA mods make me rage like nothing else. At least BP has a couple servers that disable 3rd person camera, I suppose. This is worse than that time I was robbing the bank on Altis life, got the drop on a cop, and had him turn around and kill me after I put a full pistol mag into the back of his head. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49491 on: January 21, 2015, 11:52:59 pm »

Forget fucking League, ArmA mods make me rage like nothing else. At least BP has a couple servers that disable 3rd person camera, I suppose. This is worse than that time I was robbing the bank on Altis life, got the drop on a cop, and had him turn around and kill me after I put a full pistol mag into the back of his head. :|
Reminds me of Robbaz's Altis video. He becomes a carjacker and steals a police truck before proceeding to send it to the chop shop. From the looks of things, his friends then busted him out of jail. Sorta. He came across a bug which allowed him to slowly float up the prison wall and his friends seemed to arrive about then.
On an incidental note, if you're looking for one of the best ArmA videos ever made. I've got to admit, I like that guy a lot more when he's not being a condescending prick to everyone in Chernarus.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49492 on: January 22, 2015, 12:58:16 am »

The soonest I can see a doctor for my foot, short of an emergency room visit (yeah, right) is Monday. Which means 4 more days of potential pain to look forward to :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #49493 on: January 22, 2015, 01:48:21 am »

I forgot how much listening to my roommates play Madden made me want to gouge my eyes out. Especially when it's one in the morning and one of them is being an obnoxious little shit who feels the need to scream when he's losing. I don't know how he has friends. Or a girlfriend. Or anyone. I really don't.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49494 on: January 22, 2015, 04:39:23 am »

I forgot how much listening to my roommates play Madden made me want to gouge my eyes out. Especially when it's one in the morning and one of them is being an obnoxious little shit who feels the need to scream when he's losing. I don't know how he has friends. Or a girlfriend. Or anyone. I really don't.

I do that. I just generally don't do it at 1 in the morning, or when anyone is in the apartment.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49495 on: January 22, 2015, 08:51:52 am »

The soonest I can see a doctor for my foot, short of an emergency room visit (yeah, right) is Monday. Which means 4 more days of potential pain to look forward to :/
Health problems, Sirus?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49496 on: January 22, 2015, 10:37:42 am »

Spent a couple hours putting together a parts list for a potential customer, and I left the list at home today like a big doof.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49497 on: January 22, 2015, 10:53:27 am »

And here's my take, "Your model is inherently flawed."
I think you greatly misunderstand mathematics as a discipline. Pure mathematics is about truth, not reality. Mathematicians spend all the time just making up logical statements, then checking whether they are true or not. Usually what they do is invent some rules (sometimes inspired by reality, many times not), then see what these rules actually do, and whether they can find some neat properties of the system governed by the rules. Then they look at the rules themselves and change or add or remove some of them, then see if there are any new interesting properties and whether the old properties still hold. In this case the logical statements they get are of the form "If such and such thing satisfies this rule and that rule and this other rule, then this interesting property holds".

Now it happens all the time that these mathematical statements or models are actually useful to describe some parts of reality, but mathematicians usually didn't think of those uses when creating the model. There is actually a field of science which attempts to model reality as closely as possible mathematically, but that's called physics. Mathematics couldn't care less about reality.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 3298 3299 [3300] 3301 3302 ... 3345