Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3310 3311 [3312] 3313 3314 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382044 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Decimals of Wrath Edition
« Reply #49665 on: January 26, 2015, 07:36:34 pm »

Third time I've tried to get a permanent Wal-Mart money card. Third time I've been told that I can't get a permanent card. It's starting to sound an awful lot like there's an issue with my social security number, for the second time in my life. I just want a PayPal account god dammit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49666 on: January 26, 2015, 10:27:47 pm »

At least said "cookie" didn't chip any teeth that I can see. :P

Anyway, new day, new Rage: I seem to have a pretty slow library computer today.
I guess it could be worse... but any images on a page take a while to load. Bah.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49667 on: January 27, 2015, 01:42:07 am »

Mod dependency walkers that only catch half the dependencies. Could have saved myself this entire night of futzing if they were accruate.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49668 on: January 27, 2015, 01:47:22 am »

Dangit, why is it so hard to text me back when I ask a simple question?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49669 on: January 27, 2015, 04:18:07 am »

Distractedly went to eat what I thought was a piece of cookie.
It was a rock. Now my tooth hurts.

DAMNIT FLOOR-COOKIE WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME SO

Have a cookie in consolation.

Spoiler: For Yoink (click to show/hide)
That's dwarven bread. Not a cookie.
You call that bread? That's a biscuit.
This is bread:
Spoiler: Large image (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49670 on: January 27, 2015, 04:23:24 am »

Spoilers please! D:<

But pretty basalt columns nonetheless!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49671 on: January 27, 2015, 04:28:47 am »

Spoilers please! D:<

But pretty basalt columns nonetheless!

You were a bit fast, I did spoiler it half a second after I posted it. (Or so I thought. :v)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49672 on: January 27, 2015, 05:25:17 am »

Protip: you can make embedded images smaller by adding a width attribute to the opening [img] tag.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #49673 on: January 27, 2015, 05:32:34 am »

Oh for fuc--

Which bright head over at YouTube decided to implant that autoplay function in such way it currently is impanted? Because Armok almighty if there is ONE thing MORE annoying than a function that BY DEFAULT starts to play a video THEY THINK is the most appropriate after you finish watching a video before it and it CAN'T be controlled by ANY immediately visible, non-hassle option in, you know, OPTIONS... then it's all this but add the fact that this function JUST APPEARS AND DISAPPEARS AT RANDOM FUCKING INTERVALS.

Sorry, I had to let this out. This is really grinding my gears.

Fuck this 1st world problems, mang, time to relocate to 3rd world country, build a mudhouse and spend the rest of my days being shafted by majority of the rest of the world including myself.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49674 on: January 27, 2015, 05:34:23 am »

Google design team is worst,  news at eleven.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #49675 on: January 27, 2015, 05:52:48 am »

Yeah, autoplay is really annoying. Luckily if you sell your soul to Google log in to YT it remembers and keeps autoplay off.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49676 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:57 am »

Speaking of YouTube... the official Android app is utter garbage.

If your phone goes into standby, or you switch apps, it loses the cached video and has to recache it. Utterly annoying when you are in a conversation and watching a video at the same time.

When you touch the video the interface for seeking pops up. When it's fading away, you can still touch and drag the seek handle during the fade animation, but the interface stills fades away anyway and you have no idea how far you are seeking now ("Hey, lets code in a long animation for our interface, but not actually think about what happens when the user uses the interface during that animation!"). You then lose your position in the video and have to refind it, which is painful because of the clumsy capacitive touch screens, which makes it hard to seek in small ammounts.

Because of the above, I usually occasionally touch the screen to keep it there while working out where I want to seek, but can sometimes hit the next-video/last-video buttons that sometimes appear.

The history function has never worked for me, even when logged in. Apparently I have never watched a video before.

Sometimes the caching icon (spinning circle thingy) goes haywire and flickers on/off the screen. Sometimes it remains on the screen permanetely even when the video is playing. Sometimes it just fails to start caching a video for no apparent reason until I reload the video (go back and reselect the video, or re-select the link), which is annoying because there is no refresh button. Sometimes it just cant play the video (spinning circle animation resets several times before) telling me it can't connect. The video plays fine in the browser (when that used to work, see below).

I can't have multiple video's open (think some sort of tabbing system, like on a web browser), so if I'm watching a 1 hour video and a friend sends me a link to a 10 second funny clip, I have to remember the name and position of what I am currently watching first. Since when selecting a link, it would give me an option of which program to open it with, I used to be able to get around this by opening it with Chrome (which has tabs, and incidently does a far better job of playing YouTube videos.), but now doing that just causes it to re-prompt me to select an application (Selecting Chrome again does the same thing, ad-infinitum). I JUST SELCTED ONE what about that don't you understand, phone?.

It doesn't load the whole screen all at once, so sometimes I go to scroll down for whatever reason and accidently click an add or something. Incidently, this is a problem I have with interfaces in general. If a program is going to take 15 seconds to load, just come up in the background, I am going to do something else in the mean time. I diddn't buy a quad core computer to wait patently for things to load.

If the app closes (actually closes, not just goes into the background suspended), it is no longer at the video it was playing. This would be fine if the history function worked, but because it doesn't, if I am watching a video in a playlist, I will lose my position. I have to occasionally write down the video number on a piece of paper (Woo, the Information Age!) incase the phone freezes (uncommon, but it has happened), or I forget to charge the battery or something.

They are all relatively trivial problems, but there are so many that it's just fustrating to use.

The portrayel of atheists in TV and movies makes me rage too.

They are only atheists because of some horrible event in their past, like their parents dies in some car crash and that made them lose their faith (which everyone starts off with by-default in life), or their spouse was burned to death infront of them by a bunch of thugs. They are usualy emotionally cold and jaded because of this. Obviously you need to experience trauma to be an atheist, just like being stabbed causes you to bleed, or being tortured causes you to cry, because atheism is some negative character trait. But it's OK, because it's not their fault they are atheist, it's because of some past trauma, you have to feel sorry for them to some degree (because being atheist is undesirable). It also implies that being an atheist is abnormal, since it requires an abnormal event to cause someone to lose their faith (which people always have by default, and is normal).

These characters lose their faith like an amputee would lose a limb.

Can't hollywood come up with an atheist that isn't a victim of atheism? Someone who happenes to be atheist and is a pretty nice person?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:33:54 am by alexandertnt »
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49677 on: January 27, 2015, 06:25:57 am »

Hello On/Off internet :'(
On for a few hours per day. Off for the remaining ~more than half...especially during day time and before midnight. >_>

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49678 on: January 27, 2015, 08:30:59 am »

Can't hollywood come up with an atheist that isn't a victim of atheism? Someone who happenes to be atheist and is a pretty nice person?
I've never seen a main character from Friends, or Seinfeld, or How I Met Your Mother, or any other sitcom attend church outside of wedding ceremonies. Most characters you see on television already are atheists, you just don't see it. The only ones you notice are the ones that are explicitly made out to be atheist for plot reasons, and previous trauma is just a good plot element sometimes.
Looking at it the other way: How many non-kooky practicing Christians do you see on TV?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:09:20 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49679 on: January 27, 2015, 08:55:16 am »

Hi-diddly-ho neighborino.
Pages: 1 ... 3310 3311 [3312] 3313 3314 ... 3345