Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3312 3313 [3314] 3315 3316 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382548 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Decimals of Wrath Edition
« Reply #49695 on: January 27, 2015, 02:24:14 pm »

... get her a part time house cleaning job?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49696 on: January 27, 2015, 02:24:51 pm »

What did she usually do in her off time before she got into the relationship with that guy?

Nothing. She's never had hobbies. I even asked my nan what she did when she was a kid.

Her free time has been spent doing nothing but cleaning the house since she was young.

Not even playing like normal? Was that enforced or just something that evolved? Sounds like OCD maybe.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49697 on: January 27, 2015, 02:28:04 pm »

That's already her full time job.

I don't know about everything she did when she was younger, but like I said, I asked my nan and she has no idea what my mom did to pass time, only that she was the one who did a lot of the cleaning around the house since she was about eight.

Most of my memories of her are either of her cleaning the house or sitting around on the couch doing nothing.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49698 on: January 27, 2015, 02:29:50 pm »

Snow was clearing away in cold-as-hell ol' Maine.
Suddenly, blizzard!
SUDDENLY, SNOW PILED UP TO MY WINDOW!
SUDDENLY, AFRAID OUR HOUSE BUILT IN THE FUCKING 1800S THAT STILL HAS HOLES FOR GAS LIGHTS WON'T BE WARM ENOUGH AND/OR WILL LOSE POWER!
* rabidgam3r grumbles about moving to California
Don't worry, Rabid. We're not doing any be-
* Koss is cut off by the infinite blizzard
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49699 on: January 27, 2015, 02:30:31 pm »

I don't know about everything she did when she was younger, but like I said, I asked my nan and she has no idea what my mom did to pass time, only that she was the one who did a lot of the cleaning around the house since she was about eight.

Most of my memories of her are either of her cleaning the house or sitting around on the couch doing nothing.

Not to be a mental health expert here, but definetly sounds like OCD.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #49700 on: January 27, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »

Drought. Government did jack shit to prevent reservoirs from drying up. Now they are dry. They are dry and I had two power outages today and it is unbearably hot.

Good luck. Do you have water?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49701 on: January 27, 2015, 02:35:55 pm »

Argh, I seem to be unable to articulate a bunch of things I need to say to a bunch of people. At least, not in a way that doesn't sound awful.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49702 on: January 27, 2015, 02:36:10 pm »

My iPad screen is going haywire.
Y iPad
Y
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49703 on: January 27, 2015, 02:36:38 pm »

Argh, I seem to be unable to articulate a bunch of things I need to say to a bunch of people. At least, not in a way that doesn't sound awful.

Start with the good news first?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:39:27 pm by smjjames »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49704 on: January 27, 2015, 02:49:31 pm »

It's not even that kind of problem. It's a problem with the literal act creating words with which to communicate whatever it is I'm trying to communicate. Articulating.
As an example, I have spent about 10 minutes discussing with a member of school staff a question I didn't really need the answer to before coming to terms with the fact I would just have to say the words in an ugly way that completely fails at communicating anything but the basic concepts accurately. And it was only asking about some paperwork I'd misplaced :/
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49705 on: January 27, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »

Buy her some self-help or otherwise motivational books. Ordinarily, I wouldn't suggest something that would puff up her ego, but based on what I've heard she'll appreciate anything that tells her she's awesome, and you absolutely need her to be distracted from going back to that house since I assume asking her not to take you is out of the question.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49706 on: January 27, 2015, 05:30:37 pm »

Me? Be trusted on my own?

No way. Something might happen.

It doesn't help that her co-worker's kid managed to damage their house a couple times by being stupid.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49707 on: January 27, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »

Goddamn terrorists stealing mah bins!

Also I am starting to feel sad for BlackFlyme's mother as well as BlackFlyme himself. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49708 on: January 27, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »

Self, if you're going to do a simple plug-and-chug problem, it would be wise to make sure you're plugging the right numbers, so you don't wind up chugging an ocean of garbage. Sadly, I have only myself to blame for lacking reading comprehension and for being lazy. Grabbed a number that just looked relevant (minimum power at a receiver for some specification) instead of reading enough to realize that the ACTUAL minimum is dependent on noise, so I'd have to find a source for what's reasonable and then base my answer on THAT.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49709 on: January 27, 2015, 07:54:36 pm »

Had to deal with two arguments on skype. One was stupid and was over that Stonekeep incident because I apparently didn't ask him for help and he got offended and pissy about it on top of him literally trying to one-up everyone. I pretty much said he came in the conversation after logging in, whips out his cock and says how much bigger it is then everyone's... And then he proceeds to actually say he has a bigger dick then everyone.

The other argument was over some pathfinder stuff that was an argument over my character's backstory and how he and a friend of his made a merc group together since their old one was wiped out. According to him, I can't do this as a 1st level character, even for basic lore and backstory because I may have some influence and power in the place its located in (despite the fact that his character is LITERALLY a demigod at first level). On top of the argument stated above, this one got more heated because of the first argument posted and it tantrum spiraled a bit before I caught myself and stopped the spiral. Now the first guy is talking to my alcoholic friend about booze and other stuff that I really am not interested in, and the second guy literally wanted me to admit that I pretty much didn't get to take any part of helping make the mercenary group (which is VERY SMALL and literally is run by my character's friend in the first place to begin with and my character leaves almost immediatley after its starting to do a job by himself to strengthen himself).

This also leads me to another rage where I'm sick and fucking tired of getting told that when I make a character for any D&D campaign that I HAVE to make a broken ass fucking character or I get yelled at. Like FUCK MAN! SERIOUSLY! I made the character, let me do what I fucking want! If I want a dark tower reference, let me fucking do it! If I want to be a mercenary at 17, let me! If I want to use two weapons instead of one because I like the idea, despite its not the best way, THEN OH FUCKING WELL! Seriously, my first pathfinder game was on bay12 and the fucking DM got pissed off when I made a joke at a character in a webcomic (I said I was going to make a halfling ranger/barbarian) and said "no, you gotta be this or this" and BOTH OF THE CHOICES WERE THINGS I DID NOT WANT TO BE. And when I get the free option to make my own guy which was an alchemist, what happens? I get told to follow a fucking build because he's not broken! Seriously! I make characters to follow lore and story, not make them overpowered as fuck! And that whole fucking second argument started because I said I have a reason to take leadership as a feat at level 7 because I WORKED WITH A MERCENARY GANG THAT I AIDED IN FOUNDING. Like FUCK MAN! FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE! If I wanted my creative juices stalled, I would've joined back with my old group where I got shit thrown at me for doing what my character would do! Hell, I joined this group to GET AWAY from being yelled at for my backstory, and now I get yelled at again! Seriously, first its getting yelled at for only WOUNDING an Orc when I slash it in the face with an axe (showing my character not being strong enough to kill it) for not KILLING IT and then THIS!? FUCKING HELL!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 3312 3313 [3314] 3315 3316 ... 3345