Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3414228 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition
« Reply #50115 on: February 08, 2015, 07:17:39 am »

Plot twist: Na'vi have superior drug only they can provide, humans release bio-weapon and exchange antidotes for drugs, keeping primitive society on the verge of extinction.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50116 on: February 08, 2015, 07:26:53 am »

Plot twist: Na'vi have superior drug only they can provide, humans release bio-weapon and exchange antidotes for drugs, keeping primitive society on the verge of extinction.

Or maybe the Na'vi... Are the drugs!

And humans, having learned the terrible lesson about overexploitation in the past, proceed to carefully keep a breeding stock to secure their future supply. And thus the movies end with an important feel-good message about environmentalism and everybody gets a happy end.

Well, except the Na'vi. Gorram space smurfs.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50117 on: February 08, 2015, 12:01:03 pm »

Verb forms of noun forms of verbs.
Why do people do this.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50118 on: February 08, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »

Why do people do this.
It happenings?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50119 on: February 08, 2015, 12:04:28 pm »

Woke up this morning, at around 2:30, with a strangely compelling urge to get up, get a knife, and slash my stepdad's throat. No idea why, he hasn't done anything (recently) to make me feel that way. The best part of waking up, is a knife in your throoa-a-t♪. ...Doesn't quite have the ring to it. Oh well, hooray for random, pointless, mystery rage.

Anyways, yesterday I had to buy a new set of bedsheets. Some asshole put a $15 set on the shelf that said $5. I didn't notice until I was already being rung up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50120 on: February 08, 2015, 12:05:58 pm »

Why do people do this.
It happenings?
No, things like "obligated".
It's so hideously redundant.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50121 on: February 08, 2015, 12:07:49 pm »

Woke up this morning, at around 2:30, with a strangely compelling urge to get up, get a knife, and slash my stepdad's throat. No idea why, he hasn't done anything (recently) to make me feel that way. The best part of waking up, is a knife in your throoa-a-t♪. ...Doesn't quite have the ring to it. Oh well, hooray for random, pointless, mystery rage.

Anyways, yesterday I had to buy a new set of bedsheets. Some asshole put a $15 set on the shelf that said $5. I didn't notice until I was already being rung up.
At least in Canada, you can say "Hey, that was supposed to be 5$," and, I THINK, they have to give it to you at the listed price like that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50122 on: February 08, 2015, 12:08:59 pm »

At least in Canada, you can say "Hey, that was supposed to be 5$," and, I THINK, they have to give it to you at the listed price like that.

Not in America, because I did say that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50123 on: February 08, 2015, 12:13:39 pm »

Yeah, you can do that in America. They just don't want you to do that, and the guy behind the counter may not even be aware of it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50124 on: February 08, 2015, 12:53:32 pm »

False advertising, at the least.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50125 on: February 08, 2015, 12:59:47 pm »

It... probably wasn't advertised as $5. Just misplaced. The folks at the counter often don't know the state of the shelves, y'know? You can stop 'em and take it back, get the actual five buck one, but getting a discount because someone put something in the wrong place is... not going to happen.

Advertising has to be, y'know, advertising. It doesn't cover mislabeling or misplacement. Stores will often offer a discount or something if it's legitimately their fault, but not always, and they're far from obligated to, especially legally.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50126 on: February 08, 2015, 01:03:56 pm »

It... probably wasn't advertised as $5. Just misplaced. The folks at the counter often don't know the state of the shelves, y'know? You can stop 'em and take it back, get the actual five buck one, but getting a discount because someone put something in the wrong place is... not going to happen.

Advertising has to be, y'know, advertising. It doesn't cover mislabeling or misplacement. Stores will often offer a discount or something if it's legitimately their fault, but not always, and they're far from obligated to, especially legally.

Happened a lot where I used to work, people not taking old prices out to put new ones in (best thing was this was a team leader/manager job) so the customer got it for the advertised price, on the shelf.

Admittedly this was in the UK, in a convenience sized store of one of the big supermarket brands.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50127 on: February 08, 2015, 01:11:46 pm »

... yeah, that may be accurate for the UK. It's a bit better insofar as those customer protection things go, iirc. Pretty sure it's not a legal requirement here in the states, though. Many businesses do offer the lower price if something happened and the wrong one was left up, because it's good PR, but I'm fairly sure they're not required to or anything like that. And several of the larger chains kinda' don't, because they can cheerfully bugger the occasional customer and keep business just fine.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50128 on: February 08, 2015, 01:20:17 pm »

Well if they ring up something and it's more than you expect, refuse to pay for it. Just calmly state it was misplaced and your not interested in the sale. Part of the issue is people who don't like to cause a scene end up getting ripped off.

If you thought something was $5 but it was $15 then you haven't "lost out" unless you fork out the $15 when you can't afford it. Other customers do move stuff on shelves too.

In this type of case, I can't see where the company has done anything that requires them to give you a discount. Anyone could walk up to the counter and claim things were on the wrong shelf then, so they should get a discount. Usually, the product name is written on both the item and the sign. It's the customers job to read.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:25:08 pm by Reelya »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #50129 on: February 08, 2015, 01:36:31 pm »

My father just flew off the handle and started ranting about how I get "too damn involved in the computer" because something distracted me when he was finishing saying something inconsequential and I asked him to repeat what he said.

Yeah, Dad. Like that's never happened to you before. >:(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.