Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3342 3343 [3344] 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382588 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition
« Reply #50145 on: February 08, 2015, 05:17:57 pm »

I think team piling onto Nenjin really isn't the decent thing to be doing here.

At the end of the day, he's trying to help. Just in his own words/way. So, calm down everyone.
I'm going to have to go with DwArfY here.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50146 on: February 08, 2015, 05:28:11 pm »

Well if they ring up something and it's more than you expect, refuse to pay for it. Just calmly state it was misplaced and your not interested in the sale. Part of the issue is people who don't like to cause a scene end up getting ripped off.

If you thought something was $5 but it was $15 then you haven't "lost out" unless you fork out the $15 when you can't afford it. Other customers do move stuff on shelves too.

In this type of case, I can't see where the company has done anything that requires them to give you a discount. Anyone could walk up to the counter and claim things were on the wrong shelf then, so they should get a discount. Usually, the product name is written on both the item and the sign. It's the customers job to read.
Usually they check first, to make sure the listed price is actually for the item in question.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50147 on: February 08, 2015, 05:31:33 pm »

Buddy showed me a thread where someone I really don't like on here at all posted the biggest fucking pity party over a small question. And that got me upset, and I kept ranting about it to that same friend.

But that's not what made me rage. What made me rage is the fact that I understood and felt EVERYTHING in that fucking self pity trip and my rehab side wanted to slap that person upside the head, strangle them and tell them SO many different things, like NO ONE GIVES A FUCK, I FUCKING KNOW BUT GET OVER IT, THATS ENOUGH FUCKING SELF PITY FOR ONE LIFE, AND SO MUCH MORE! The worst part is I absolutely HATE this person and if I found out they got a billion small cuts all over their body and got tossed in a vat of hydrogen peroxide, I wouldn't care. But the worst part is I FUCKING FELT EVERYTHING THEY SAID AND I HATE IT! This is the one thing about rehab that I learned, is I can feel the pain of others, ESPECIALLY if they're like me. And even though I wasn't in the same circumstances, I would've done the same thing and I would be that fucking prick stirring up all kinds of shit on bay12 if I lived their life. And I FUCKING HATE IT! I HATE EVERY FUCKING BIT OF IT THAT I CAN FINALLY FEEL AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT THIS PERSON I FUCKING HATE FEELS AND WHY THEY HURT! Its like I want to fucking kill them in the most painful way possible but at the same time, hug them tightly and just say "its all going to be alright in the end". Its like I naturally HATE them but I understand now and it FUCKING SUCKS BECAUSE I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE IT! I'm fucking hurting because I feel their pain and hurt and fear and everything and I hate it because I don't feel they DESERVE me caring abotu them. But what happens? I fucking care! I fucking care that someone who I don't know or will ever know is hurting and I fucknig hate them and their fucknig beliefs even though I had my own beliefs that were similar and fucking skewed! I'm raging because I understand and I don't want to...  I don't want to care about someone I hate, but I am! And I'm fairly certain that a few of you, if not none at all, will understand this, but its just how I am and how rehab effected me. Its fucking MADDENING, especially since that I feel, and know, that very few people will understand what I'm saying.

Shit like this usually makes me want to do this... Sadly, I have a laptop and my flimsy external keyboard will bounce instead of going through it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50148 on: February 08, 2015, 05:48:50 pm »

Not saying it's not good enough to vent here. This thread isn't intended to bait people into talking about stuff then beat up on them. But you have to deal with what you write here and opinions on it. Kinda like I am right now. And if Janet chooses to use strong language to make her point, that's her prerogative too. As long as it doesn't blow up into a fight, and I'm not about to start one. But I don't guarantee to read people's rage and always have a sympathetic reaction, and I don't expect everyone else too either.

And I'm fairly certain that a few of you, if not none at all, will understand this, but its just how I am and how rehab effected me.

To be honest I do. It's part of what motivated me say what I did above. I've lived those emotions and been hopeless and started down the path of becoming a Class A Emotionally Dysfuctional Fuckup. And then I fought against it and shook it off and got on with my life. A little shame helped, a bit of anger helped. So when I read IT feeling the same at such a young age and added talk of suicide....man, I wish I could have been there to give my friend a good slap. And he was an adult! In a sense I do really hate that kind of hopeless self-loathing. And I care to the extent I'm willing to channel a little anger in trying to wake some up from it, because it is solely on them to solve the problem, even when the things that exacerbate it eventually go away.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:15:57 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50149 on: February 08, 2015, 06:10:11 pm »

Much as I think it was a tad harshly worded, I have to agree with Nenjin.

Also, people change a lot in short spaces. By the time you're 18, you could have different views entirely. So yea, time is the great healer, and if you do knuckle down and do well in life it will be more than your brother will ever likely have the gumption to do.
Me too.  Harsh but constructive.  Falling into a cycle of blaming others is as easy and normal as it is horrid.  Yeah, sounds like your parents are awful.  Most people are.  Choose your identity and survive despite them.  All humans have that spark: defiance of shitty circumstances.

I don't have sympathy for people who say stuff about killing themselves. I just don't. Maybe if you're living in an ISIS prison camp, that statement has some redeeming value. Having watched average people literally throw their lives away in despair though, it infuriates me.
I... Nope! Not going to get into this again. I'm just going to say you're making me angry and leave it at that. Don't ever bring that up again, please.
Nobody cares.  If you don't have anything to say, why are you posting?  Posting to say "I'm offended and won't explain why" is just inciting.  And since you clearly expect to be understood without any explanation, it comes off as entitlement.

Not saying it's not good enough to vent here. This thread isn't intended to bait people into talking about stuff then beat up on them.
Lots of people use it that way, though.  Seems like every time someone vents, someone else comes along to offer advice in the form of "why didn't you just X?".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50150 on: February 08, 2015, 06:14:07 pm »

That's the nature of of discourse on the internet. And I'd like to think at least on Bay12 it comes from a good place because most mean to help, even if people don't agree on method.

And if people want to post just to say they were offended by what I said...well....I can't really tell them no. They've got the right and I honestly do want to know when what I've said crossed a line for people. It's instructional if nothing else. The line quoted was farther than I should have gone, but I'm not going to edit it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:19:41 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #50151 on: February 08, 2015, 06:35:21 pm »

I don't have sympathy for people who say stuff about killing themselves. I just don't. Maybe if you're living in an ISIS prison camp, that statement has some redeeming value. Having watched average people literally throw their lives away in despair though, it infuriates me.
Offering my opinion in that I personally don't look for sympathy here, I just vent. Often times getting responses of sympathy make me feel worse and regret venting at all.

As for the whole "people have it worse than you" argument going on, yeah, there's people who have it worse, but it doesn't mean someone's troubles are invalidated. Just because there's probably a lot more starving and impoverished people in Africa doesn't make the impoverished and starving people in the US or Europe less important.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50152 on: February 08, 2015, 07:33:10 pm »

Considering it doesn't seem like anyone has really said it yet...

I...Hope things it better for you, IT. I really do. Don't kill yourself, it won't solve anything. Please.  :-\
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50153 on: February 08, 2015, 07:37:20 pm »

I... Nope! Not going to get into this again. I'm just going to say you're making me angry and leave it at that. Don't ever bring that up again, please.
Nobody cares.  If you don't have anything to say, why are you posting?  Posting to say "I'm offended and won't explain why" is just inciting.  And since you clearly expect to be understood without any explanation, it comes off as entitlement.
Seriously, it's really pointless to say "I'm offended" and then not explain why you are offended.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #50154 on: February 08, 2015, 07:40:51 pm »

Considering it doesn't seem like anyone has really said it yet...

I...Hope things it better for you, IT. I really do. Don't kill yourself, it won't solve anything. Please.  :-\
This is the way I wanted to put it, but I wasn't sure how to phrase it.

You're a pretty cool guy, IT. Even if nobody you know IRL says it, I think you're somebody who I'd like to get to know better someday.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50155 on: February 08, 2015, 07:58:48 pm »

Okay to clarify, IronTomato's situation is awful.  Some people are just terrible parents.  Overbearing, or inattentive, whichever.

The answer is to grow up faster, and start the long process of detaching yourself from them.  It's not easy and maybe it's never 100% done, but the key is being strong.  Surrendering your personality or committing suicide is just letting them win.

Sorry, it's kinda personal.  Both for myself and someone close to me.  Just don't give up or give in.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50156 on: February 08, 2015, 08:05:09 pm »

... of course, it's really easy to just say that. About as helpful as pissing in someone's face about half the time, but hey.

Something constructive instead of berating is probably beyond the scope of the thread, though, and possibly beyond IT's interest. I'd say make a thread in LA or something for advice, if it's desired, but I honestly don't visit there enough to know if that's actually a good idea. Likely time to let it die, instead of dragging things out yet further.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50157 on: February 08, 2015, 08:08:54 pm »

it's possible just venting is helping too, you guys :P

On that note, Tomato. If you like speaking at a brick wall that sometimes speaks back. Inbox is always open.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50158 on: February 08, 2015, 08:16:58 pm »

... of course, it's really easy to just say that. About as helpful as pissing in someone's face about half the time, but hey.

Something constructive instead of berating is probably beyond the scope of the thread, though, and possibly beyond IT's interest. I'd say make a thread in LA or something for advice, if it's desired, but I honestly don't visit there enough to know if that's actually a good idea. Likely time to let it die, instead of dragging things out yet further.
It's not really easy to speak about an overbearing parent and the urge to escape by any means, no.  Maybe there are some intense negative feelings involved, even though things eventually got better (yet never resolved) once I was able to leave.
She/they

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #50159 on: February 08, 2015, 08:30:43 pm »

If me venting is going to start a huge shitstorm then I'm just not going to vent. Don't talk about this anymore, mkay?
Pages: 1 ... 3342 3343 [3344] 3345