Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Hurray for Ant Men! (Spoilers)

(1/4) > >>

Cespinarve:
So, working merry along as you do, a message popped up to chill! A Forgotten BEast... leech... thingy. With poison breath! Fear fills me. Luckily, its in a cavern that is unused and sealed off by a single wall tile- but I'm pretty sure FBs can breach those walls. I'm not panicking just yet, it seems to be enjoying a wander, and it was going to run into some ant men.

They kill it.

Laceci Fafirelomiro, having lived in the depths since the birth of the world, ancient and powerful.... knocked out by some antmen.

Sad, really.

Ze Spy:
wait, now the random combat system is now THAT fucked?

Haspen:

--- Quote from: Ze Spy on June 12, 2010, 07:16:34 am ---wait, now the random combat system is now THAT fucked?

--- End quote ---

F-ked you say, sir?

I don't see any wrong in ability of a group of antmen slaying a monster. Group of guys with weapons (wooden, but still) gang-fight a monster and win. It's equal to a pack of mis-equiped dwarves, duh.

Josephus:
Maybe you just got a weak-ass FB. They're not exactly megabeasts in terms of combat ability.

bluephoenix:
Yeah, my first forgotten beast I encountered (some rock spider) got killed in a matter of seconds by one axe dwarf.
I think there are some really REALLY weak FB and some strong ones so it might differ what you get.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version