Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Miscarriage?  (Read 21225 times)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: Miscarriage?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 06:38:46 pm »

That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Consider yourself sigged.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 01:35:26 am »

I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.
:/

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 02:31:51 am »

so if we(by we I mean the poor sap who got one) butcher the mother would a baby corpse pop up under the list of organs and meats?
if so then I'm just about creep out by toady coding.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 07:18:06 am »

Unfortunate as the concept of miscarriage is, scaring/stressing the dwarves is almost our only form of in game birth control for them.  Unless you want to picture changing the init files to lower the baby cap as handing out little leather birth control kits, I can see planning a 'scare' for the whole fortress once or twice a year as a means of controling the pop, to me it almost feels dwarfy!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 07:25:55 am »

Happened to me once. A dwarf fainted on a cage trap and got caught, I found out in her thoughts screen when I let her out.

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 06:43:41 pm »

Unfortunate as the concept of miscarriage is, scaring/stressing the dwarves is almost our only form of in game birth control for them.  Unless you want to picture changing the init files to lower the baby cap as handing out little leather birth control kits, I can see planning a 'scare' for the whole fortress once or twice a year as a means of controling the pop, to me it almost feels dwarfy!

And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 06:47:04 pm »

I had it when my mayor was carrying a baby and stepped in magma. She was set on fire and the baby died. Somehow, she survived with only red wounds to the feet and when I checked the thoughts, it was there.

Well, he sure as hell miscarried the baby into magma. I'd say that's a misCARRIage...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 12:24:50 am »

I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

I am SO sigging this   :o

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 03:12:54 am »

And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
Sigged

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 11:12:42 am »

We do have saltpeter.   :D
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 11:21:17 am »

What is it?

einstein9073

• Bay Watcher
  • Thus spice intestinally loft Blanka.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 02:25:40 pm »

The only time I had second thoughts about my "assign a noble to a lever and lock the door behind them" approach to just starving out the nobles (until I get one that loves granite or something) was when I had a noble couple, and after a few months of them starving/dehydrating, I checked on them, and the one had a bad thought about having a miscarriage.

I now crush them with a cave-in trap.  No chance of miscarriage.
>:|
No, that's just a double murder instead.

Well wait, we are talking about nobles.

A murder incident to pest removal.
Strike the earth!
Dwarf Fortress: It menaces with spikes of AWESOME.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 03:44:04 pm »

i trapped a mason in my farm  with a bunch of plump helmets and flooded it once, it needed flooding but someone always went in, she was just the unlucky person, apparently she has a miscarriage while she was locked up
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...
Pages: 1 [2]