Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Increse the Speed of your Dwarves!!  (Read 1256 times)

Forestwalker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Increse the Speed of your Dwarves!!
« on: September 09, 2006, 03:32:00 pm »

I found that adding the line [SPEED:500] increases the speed of your dwarves, dragons trolls etc.  A lower number increases speed, while a higher number makes your dwarves move as fast as a snail.  When I added SPEED:100 my trolls moved very fast.

Anyone else try this?  It makes hauling jobs considerable less tedious.

[NOTE: It doesn't increse the speed of doing tasks-mining will take just as long, but it does increase the speed of hauling jobs.]

[ September 09, 2006: Message edited by: Forestwalker ]

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Increse the Speed of your Dwarves!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 06:19:00 pm »

Why don't you just make them not need to eat or drink while you're at it? After all, it would make feeding them less tedious.

Nilas Hadean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Increse the Speed of your Dwarves!!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »

That's funny; I stumbled across this the other day while attempting to get out of a desperate situation. I had the misfortune of saving the game at the precise moment that two skeletal elephants decided they would follow my fisherdwarf straight into my fortress.

I set the elephants' speed to some ridiculously high value--enough to where they became an (intimidating!) part of the scenery. Then my dwarves just danced circles around 'em.

Of course, it was a somewhat deplorable approach, but I wasn't in the mood to start all over again.

In regards to the attribute's influence on dwarves, I found that it does indeed affect dexterity-ascendant tasks. When set to zero, my legendary miner cleared out a 10x10 area in twenty seconds. My dedicated wood cutter completed his remaining designations in a couple of minutes (about 20-30 marks). Faster, indeed!

[ September 09, 2006: Message edited by: Nilas Hadean ]