Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: allowed magma buildings to be built after discovering e  (Read 2855 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
allowed magma buildings to be built after discovering e
« on: December 14, 2007, 11:18:00 am »

Anyone excited about that? And where the F### is an endgame area i still havent found one.

On a sidenot does anyone know if you get to the summit of a mountain in adventrue mode then you can settle their in fort mode? I think that was mentioned at some point by toady. I would try but my crappy computer cant run adventure mode.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: allowed magma buildings to be built after discovering e
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 05:39:00 am »

Excited?  I'm scared.  Now I've got to break into the pits to have any hope of a legendary armorsmith.  Given my handful of dwarves armed with bone crossbows and bolts, I don't have high hopes.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 06:58:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by berent:
<STRONG>Anyone excited about that? And where the F### is an endgame area i still havent found one.

On a sidenot does anyone know if you get to the summit of a mountain in adventrue mode then you can settle their in fort mode? I think that was mentioned at some point by toady. I would try but my crappy computer cant run adventure mode.</STRONG>

The only endgame area that I know of is...

SPOILERZ

The demon pits you sometimes find near adamantite.

Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 01:05:00 pm »

So, wait... magma is completely useless now?
iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 02:45:00 pm »

In order to find the pits and adamantium. I would suggest copying your save file, using reveal.exe and making SURE you have the location memorized, then closing DF and restoring your old, non-revealed save and then breaking through to the chamber. You will find the pits on the lowest or next to lowest level of your mountain.

I have heard that if you use reveal.exe and break through to the chamber that no demons will appear, and this removes the fun. I had 20 beings of fire and 1 demon, and they were decimated by my 30 axe dwarves that had only trained for a year and a half max. I was disappointed with the easiness... but at least sieges are fixed! That's what I'm most excited about, now.  :)

I made gold, silver, and platinum doors and designed a mostly masterfully engraved set of barracks chambers right above the glowing pits before I broke through. I set up a barracks, beds, food, drinks, and girls there and had my military ready. I lost less than five dwarves when I broke through.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »

Wait, what do you all mean?
I can still build new magma forges even though I didn't dig down to any pits (old save from 33d now in 33f).
Is this because this is a game from the previous version?
<3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:42:51 pm by penguinofhonor »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »

What are you guys smoking? It's obvious that Toady means you can build magma buildings after digging into the pits IF you couldn't build them already.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 03:38:00 pm »

All I did was to make the endgame pits open up the magma forge options.  Lava features still open them up.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 03:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>What are you guys smoking? It's obvious that Toady means you can build magma buildings after digging into the pits IF you couldn't build them already.</STRONG>

I have not had pits yet despite strip minning the bottom few layers of about 5 maps, does it create magma when  you mine into them them? or can you build magma buildings over the pit?

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Black Line

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 06:20:00 pm »

quote:
What are you guys smoking? It's obvious that Toady means you can build magma buildings after digging into the pits IF you couldn't build them already.

We are smoking some Plump Helmets.

elp build Alabelina click >here<
Here have a cookie

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Black Line:
<STRONG>

We are smoking some Plump Helmets.</STRONG>

Not Rat Weed?

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 07:53:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:43:00 pm by penguinofhonor »

Doctor Lucky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 08:35:00 pm »

In my experience, there are usually small deposits of magma (several squares) associated with the eerie glowing pits.  So you should be able to work in a few forges or whatnot.

Doctor Lucky