Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any seeds with extended adamantine anymore?  (Read 1382 times)

SirBruce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any seeds with extended adamantine anymore?
« on: June 20, 2010, 10:20:07 pm »

It seems like with 31.xx you've got the magma ocean with the adamantine spikes, usually only one of which that only goes up a few levels to z-50 or so and that's it.  Is it possible for adamantine to appear higher up anymore?  Does anyone have a seed and a site for such a map with more adamantine closer to the surface?

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: Any seeds with extended adamantine anymore?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 10:25:23 pm »

i recently found an area that didnt have addy at the surface, but it wasnt at the magma sea either, well probably close to it in one of the caverns, by one i mean it was at the third ,bottem cavern that had flora nd fauna
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 10:26:34 pm »

I've seen extended adamantine deposits formed in the second cavern layer. Specifically the seed was used for the recent DF Masters competition (first one, not second).

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 11:11:35 pm »

My current fort has adamantine in the third cavern layer - and since the landscape is flat and all three caverns are minimum height (5 levels), the adamantine is only about 20 z-levels below the surface.

SirBruce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:09:47 am »

Sorry, that's what I meant; there's spikes of adamantine in the magma ocean, and then one that extends up into the third cavern at around z-50 (on the default settings) which is still a long way down.  It was hoping for maps where it was higher up.  I suppose I can always change the worldgen parameters...