OH ARMOK YES!
- 7 (23.3%)
I'll have what she's having.
- 17 (56.7%)
Check please!
- 4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Caveravens: Year 3: Fall, 737: Fall to your DOOM  (Read 23449 times)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A new succession game (Entry closed)
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 08:00:12 pm »

Just as a warning: Make an expert go after me. He'll need to fix up the fort some most likely. Not to mention that I've never played in a dangerous setting before...
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 08:47:24 pm »

Just as a warning: Make an expert go after me. He'll need to fix up the fort some most likely. Not to mention that I've never played in a dangerous setting before...

Do we have any takers? I'd do it, but I'm afraid I'd take one look at some convoluted design and say "F- this" wall off the entrance and start over somewhere else.

Which could be fun, but also pointless.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 09:31:25 pm »

I'll take care of it. It'll be good practice.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 09:47:45 pm »

I vote we use the "Lazy newb pack v0.31.06" It comes with the new version, a decent graphic pack, Therapist, and stonesense. All convenient tools. the only question would be Mayday or Phoebus.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 09:52:49 pm »

I doubt my computer could use Stonesense, and I already use Mayday. We don't have to use the same graphics pack, we would just switch the save's raw with that person's. Also, DT = Awesomeness.

And Snook, are you genning the world and embark spot and then giving it to me or...?
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 11:08:45 pm »

Eh, I'd prefer to use vanilla DF, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 11:54:39 pm »

I doubt my computer could use Stonesense, and I already use Mayday. We don't have to use the same graphics pack, we would just switch the save's raw with that person's. Also, DT = Awesomeness.

And Snook, are you genning the world and embark spot and then giving it to me or...?

I'll send you the worldgen info, and leave it up to you. However, pick a 4x4 spot. Any more and it lags, any less and it's cramped.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 12:15:20 am »

I'm fine with vanilla. Just putting my thoughts out there.

Since this is going to be a noob/expert learning game, i thought I might ask a question. What are these 4x4 and 3x3 spots/embark areas I keep reading about?

alxnotorious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 01:20:34 am »

I'm fine with vanilla. Just putting my thoughts out there.

Since this is going to be a noob/expert learning game, i thought I might ask a question. What are these 4x4 and 3x3 spots/embark areas I keep reading about?

:o

You can embark with a space taking up different sizes of tiles. The default is 4x4, but you can embark with anywhere between 2x2 up to an incredibly laggy 16x16 space. I must add, even with only 2x2 space, you still have multiple layers of underground in which to build, so even with the smallest area you can have a fun time.
WAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRBBBLLLGARRBBLE. THE KING OF HAND CREAMS HAS SENT YOU HERE, AND THE POD IS THE THRONE OF THE GOBLIN EMPEROR. DESTROY ALL UNBELIEVERS.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 02:43:05 am »

That doesn't quite answer my question. Do you mean tiles on the local map when you are embarking? Get specific. That's why the wiki is only at 1/3 quality right now.

alxnotorious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2010, 06:48:55 am »

Oh. Yeah, the tiles you select on embark.
WAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRBBBLLLGARRBBLE. THE KING OF HAND CREAMS HAS SENT YOU HERE, AND THE POD IS THE THRONE OF THE GOBLIN EMPEROR. DESTROY ALL UNBELIEVERS.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:04 pm »

I'll send you the worldgen info, and leave it up to you. However, pick a 4x4 spot. Any more and it lags, any less and it's cramped.

I usually do 3x3 just for that little FPS boost, but 4x4 will should be fine. I'll have to start on Saturday. My Summer job is taking more time than I thought...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2010, 08:32:52 pm »

Hey fuzzy, I'm curious, when was the monster of a CPU made? 500BC?

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 08:36:12 pm »

Hey fuzzy, I'm curious, when was the monster of a CPU made? 500BC?

Unknown. I got it from my GRANDMA when she got HER NEW COMPUTER. RAGE!!!!!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2010, 03:35:11 am »

Oh, so I'm in? Yay, finally a place to test my new, bizzare architectonic ideas. And with the hueg amount of layers, this is gonna be Fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24