Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traders bring only food?  (Read 1215 times)

Jon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Traders bring only food?
« on: September 11, 2006, 08:01:00 am »

I am new to this but having some success after a few restarts, now in my 4th year and so far all the traders (caravans) to arrive have only food...or am I missing something with the trading interface?

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Traders bring only food?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 08:11:00 am »

Has your broker arrived yet?  He'll make a deal with the human caravans.  You can set higher priorities for things you want, which they will then bring.  Lots of it.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 08:13:00 am »

Dumb question, but you know you can scroll the trade menus, right? I'm guessing you probably do but it's worth asking.

It doesn't seem too rare to have the mule trains bring only food, although having it happen 3-4 years in a row sounds pretty unusual. Do you have a road set up for human wagons? The human traders seem to bring mostly food on their mules, with their leather/cloth stuff on the wagons. The dwarf caravan seems to be pretty much random.

Jon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 09:00:00 am »

No broker as of yet, what triggers his arrival? (I have three nobles, Mayor, Sheriff and 'House  
Ber')

A stone road was built last year and the humans have visited with wagon, bringing alot of food...

I have been scrolling via the cursor keys but
only see food, are there keys to switch between different categories of items?  

Maybe it is the games way of telling me to farm more.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 09:10:00 am »

Freaky. I've had all-food mule caravans, but the wagons always just bring bins and bins and bins full of leather and cloth.

Anyhow, you get the Broker based on how much you export. So, if you're not buying any of that food and you're not giving away any gifts or anything... I don't think you're going to get the Broker.

Jon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 09:28:00 am »

I guess I will try to get the broker then  My stonecrafter (or rather my stonecrafter turned farmer #10) recently gained legendary status by  making a fancy ring, so I can probably make enough stuff to afford a good stack of food.