Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Neo Dreams: Chronicles of Avarsiin. Pseudo Devlog.  (Read 59024 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Pen & Paper RPG. Reactions?
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2013, 11:24:17 pm »

Wow, wasn't really any replies after such a long hiatus.

Anyway, since this is back on the front page of Creative Projects, I should give an update. I've made some minor changes, and gotten most of the numbers up and running. I really, really need to add fluff to everything, and finish all the monsters (most of the combat numbers are done, but WTF is a Catoblepas at first glance?) and Rituals (non-elemental spells) Materials (again most of the numbers are done, but the difference between Microcline and Tetrahedrite is negligible to a non DF player), and Proficiencies. Once those are finished, the game will be pretty much dungeon crawl-able. Then, I'll get to work on the rules for buildings and vehicles, military combat, and other whatnot. I have a lot of whatnot left to do.

A wise man once told me that to eat an elephant, you have to do it one bite at a time. Well, this elephant has been in the fridge for a long, long time, and it still doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. However, I have to recommit to taking a bite of elephant every day in the pursuit of seeing it finished. So, I'm going to to my best to re-up, bite the damn elephant, and report more often to you guys.

Thanks for your continued interest, all.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2013, 11:25:20 pm »

YES.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2013, 01:02:17 am »

Anyway, my bite of the Elephant for the day was to write the description for the Katana. Honestly, it was next in line.

FakeEdit: I really don't see how The Toady One does it. I mean, man. Trying to write is just so overwhelming when there's just so damned much to do.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:40:36 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2013, 05:11:17 pm »

I think toady does it with the power of money and love. :D
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 18, 2013, 05:34:20 pm »

Or he has the same OCD and level of madness I do when it comes to describing things- I've made so much thing.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2013, 01:50:45 am »

I think toady does it with the power of money and love. :D
I have one of those. Hint: You can't pay rent with it.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2013, 02:19:55 am »

Ooh, this is a hard one. Is iiiit... money?

Ohillier

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 22, 2013, 07:46:32 am »

Interesting is the word for me. I want to try it out! :)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »

This looks really neat. i'd try and help playtest if you need anyone at any point. Short of that, a way to cut the workload a bit would be to make weapon templates and the like - I'm sure the bay12 community would add ridiculous amounts of content with mininmal prompting.... (plus It'd be really cool to see this on a shelf and think - i helped make this) Apologies if this has been mentioned before.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2013, 04:18:16 pm »

This looks really neat. i'd try and help playtest if you need anyone at any point. Short of that, a way to cut the workload a bit would be to make weapon templates and the like - I'm sure the bay12 community would add ridiculous amounts of content with mininmal prompting.... (plus It'd be really cool to see this on a shelf and think - i helped make this) Apologies if this has been mentioned before.
Well, this is my baby (aside from my actual kid,) and I'd really like to do as much of the work on it as humanly possible. Kind of how The Toady One is the only programmer of DF. I appreciate the thought, and it'll hit the shelves eventually, but it's going to have to be done by my hands.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 23, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »

Well, this is my baby (aside from my actual kid,) and I'd really like to do as much of the work on it as humanly possible. Kind of how The Toady One is the only programmer of DF. I appreciate the thought, and it'll hit the shelves eventually, but it's going to have to be done by my hands.
Fair play then. But if you ever need to make an expansion..... :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 23, 2013, 10:44:17 pm »

Fair play then. But if you ever need to make an expansion..... :P
My friends already have several lined up for me. :P Zombie horror and Giant Robots spring to mind. I'd really rather not put the cart before the horse is even born, though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 08, 2013, 10:11:55 am »

So, all, I have a question for you: at what point is a Kickstarter campaign feasible? Quite frankly, I really need to be kickstarted. Now, I'm not expecting a huge influx of cash, although it would be great if it happened, I need to pay for art and publication somehow, and Kickstarter seems like the perfect tool to get the job done.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 08, 2013, 03:53:37 pm »

I'm not exactly sure, but the whole point is to show these things:
1: You have the ability and drive to work on the project. Finished things, examples, this drives donation. "This guy's put work into this, and it looks like he knows what he's doing.
2: Again, drive.
"It dosen't seem like he's going to quit for some reason."
3: Don't put everything up. You don't want them to know every detail, but you do want to back up the points you make. Don't give them a list of every stone in the game, but do give them the idea that stones are different.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 08, 2013, 04:11:05 pm »

I'd say it's feasible, if you have more than enough to be classified as at least more than half done. And if you were to do a reward system, don't overcomplicate it, if the best you can do is say thanks do so. You still have my full support on this. Hope you do well, MZ!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30