Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

What is your favorite trap idea?

(1/4) > >>

Medicine Man:

Disclaimer:I couldn't find any other thread of this nature,yes i searched

Mine is the ol' coke road,airlock and magma/lava trick

leftycook:
Standard rows of cage traps, but then I pit the things I capture into a giant underground twisting multi-story labrynth, with statues, doors, a large central room ( muddied for plant growth for variation, and usually with a lake included) I dont give them a way out, but I pit tame animals in occasionally for sport. My last labrynth, I had a gang of named & titled giant desert scorpions ruling the place, having skirmishes with a tribe of goblins and a captured giant. one of my scorpions was using a cat leather hat as a weapon. the amount of miasma, toppled statues, multi-coloured blood and gore everywhere was brilliant. I hung a sign outside the pitting area labelled Private Nobles Relaxation Spa, Pool, and Diving room.

RysanMarquise:
A tower-like fortress where the main passageway for each level was made entirely of retractable drawbridges attached to a single lever. Upon pulling the lever the entire heart of the base becomes a giant shaft into the abyss, leading your attackers to all plummet to their doom (you also would need to lock the doors to adjacent rooms, I suppose).

madk:

--- Quote from: leftycook on June 15, 2010, 02:38:17 am ---Standard rows of cage traps, but then I pit the things I capture into a giant underground twisting multi-story labrynth, with statues, doors, a large central room ( muddied for plant growth for variation, and usually with a lake included) I dont give them a way out, but I pit tame animals in occasionally for sport. My last labrynth, I had a gang of named & titled giant desert scorpions ruling the place, having skirmishes with a tribe of goblins and a captured giant. one of my scorpions was using a cat leather hat as a weapon. the amount of miasma, toppled statues, multi-coloured blood and gore everywhere was brilliant. I hung a sign outside the pitting area labelled Private Nobles Relaxation Spa, Pool, and Diving room.

--- End quote ---

This is an absolutely delightful idea. I'm going to have to do this myself.

Deathworks:
Hi!

My standard defenses are just weapon traps, so nothing interesting there. However, with the new immortal monsters around, I have spent some thought on a defense system (but currently, no fortress has been played long enough to put it into practice): You see, I want to make an underground city with buildings and surrounded by a defensive wall - just the same as a surface fortress, only within a multi-z-level cave. And outside that defensive wall, I plan to make fake trees out of green glass: one support, and on top of that a bigger bulge of green glass block walls. That should both be an effective trap for building destroyers from the caverns and give a feeling of having a forest outside my cavern village.

Deathworks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version