Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 122098 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.15) [for DF 31.06]
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 02:35:50 pm »

Nope, these days every save folder has its own set of raws.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.15) [for DF 31.06]
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 03:47:25 pm »

Does this mod need any updating for .07?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.15) [for DF 31.07]
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 04:59:19 pm »

It should work with .07 as it did for .06, I just finished reading the version changes.  .07 has some very cool bug fixes in it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2010, 12:52:38 am »

While I think it is awesome that wood can be made into meat, I generally find wood to be the most scarce resource.  Perhaps the wizards should be able to turn ash into wood?

Another idea I had was to turn a bag of sand into something and an empty bag, in essence creating something from practically nothing (as long as the bag is recycled, sand is limitless on maps that have it).

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.14) [for DF 31.06]
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 02:34:52 am »

Offhand, does anyone know if items be permitted as building materials by reagent class?
Well, I fiddled with this a little, assigning REACTION_CLASS to different things... It seems that this token has only effect on subtypes of materials.  Later today I'll try to mod in a fake leather for scrolls and give it a REACTION_CLASS - but material-based builder tags are not an elegant solution indeed.

Quote from: SethCreiyd
Here's a thread regarding books and such.
Yeah, I've read it before, I just don't get what is the problem you are referring to in this case.

Late edit:
"items be permitted as building materials by reagent class"
Ha! Made it.

Basically by simulating item reaction class with fake matgloss reaction class, like that:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:29:34 am by afoninv »
-
V.

hihepux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 02:01:30 pm »

Ive been lurking around for some time, and this mod is amazing. Its the one thing that made me decide to actually post and want to work with.

Frankly though, I really want to see the gemstone equiptment, particularly weapons and armor, fleshed out to be usable and was wondering if anyone can point me into how to set this up. Id be more than happy to do it myself, I just am not sure if I just apply the tags from metals to the gems, or if I need to define them as metals in the template. I can easily get all the data for the exact numbers needed to fill in density and impact and such, or at least get it comparable to something in metals for balancing purposes.

Also, the gemstone gear doesnt show up in the Arena. I assume its because they dont have the tags labeling them as weapons/armor under the gems, however if we add that to the label, would that make all races be able to create gemstone gear, or would they simply just tell the game to recognize them, and they still need to be applied to a race's entity file to be accessed?

All that aside, I check this daily because Im really excited about this mod in particular. Its straight, to the point, and adds alot without giving you other things that you might not want. Very clever and I want to see this expanded on heavily!

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 02:42:49 pm »

Great Mod, really fun.

Will there be any update for *Dwarf Chocolate* Expansion Mod?

Alcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 03:06:35 pm »

Just started playing, This mod is Great!

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 05:47:16 pm »

Some of my wizards are starving to death and I can't figure out why. So far 3 have died. They seem to sleep for ever and die.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.14) [for DF 31.06]
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 06:41:15 pm »

Thanks very much for the encouragement, everyone.  I'm testing the next version now, and will upload it once it's polished enough.

Will there be any update for *Dwarf Chocolate* Expansion Mod?

Yes, but it's going to be a bit different, smaller and more modular.  I don't know when it will be ready.

Ha! Made it.

Basically by simulating item reaction class with fake matgloss reaction class, like that:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Great!  That certainly clears the matter up.

While I think it is awesome that wood can be made into meat, I generally find wood to be the most scarce resource.  Perhaps the wizards should be able to turn ash into wood?

Next version has alchemy reactions for changing stone and bone to wood and back, assuming it all works right.

Frankly though, I really want to see the gemstone equiptment, particularly weapons and armor, fleshed out to be usable and was wondering if anyone can point me into how to set this up. Id be more than happy to do it myself, I just am not sure if I just apply the tags from metals to the gems, or if I need to define them as metals in the template. I can easily get all the data for the exact numbers needed to fill in density and impact and such, or at least get it comparable to something in metals for balancing purposes.

All gemstones by default have [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE] which gives them stats necessary for combat calculations.  This is the first template listed in the material_template_default raw, which has a few notes by Toady One himself that cover the roles of different tags.  The easiest way to do what you want is to change gemstones to use [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE] instead, which will allow any item normally made from metal to be made from them.  Of course, this has far-reaching consequences, but I think they'd show up in the arena, anyway.

Some of my wizards are starving to death and I can't figure out why. So far 3 have died. They seem to sleep for ever and die.

If you would, please tell me what caste(s) they were, from their profiles or from legends?  I think I know what's going on, but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet so I'm not quite sure.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 06:51:38 pm »

NOEXERT without NO_SLEEP may cause it, but it's a wild guess.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 08:27:43 pm »

Just discovered it's the Gray Wizards.  I should have this fixed by next version.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2010, 09:02:57 pm »

Just discovered it's the Gray Wizards.  I should have this fixed by next version.
Do you know what exactly the problem was with the Gray Wizards? Any modding info that could help prevent these sorts of things would be great.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2010, 09:42:34 pm »

It was one of either [NO_DIZZINESS], [PARALYZEIMMUNE] or [NOSTUN], or some combination of them.  In Fortress mode it results in them always staying drowsy once they get that way, even when sleeping, so they'll never wake up.  Other wizards even bring them food and water for a while, as if they're in a coma, but they eventually give up.

To correct this I gave them the sleeplessness and lack of exertion that the Green Wizards had before, so instead of sleeping to death, they'll just never go to sleep.  This works out, because I wanted to rework some of the castes anyway, so now the Green Wizards will get different powers and the Gray ones won't be so doomed.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2010, 10:15:15 pm »

It was one of either [NO_DIZZINESS], [PARALYZEIMMUNE] or [NOSTUN], or some combination of them.  In Fortress mode it results in them always staying drowsy once they get that way, even when sleeping, so they'll never wake up.  Other wizards even bring them food and water for a while, as if they're in a coma, but they eventually give up.

To correct this I gave them the sleeplessness and lack of exertion that the Green Wizards had before, so instead of sleeping to death, they'll just never go to sleep.  This works out, because I wanted to rework some of the castes anyway, so now the Green Wizards will get different powers and the Gray ones won't be so doomed.
I ran some quick tests, and it looks like [NOSTUN] is the culprit. [NO_SLEEP] clears it right up, while [NOEXERT] has no effect if they've fallen asleep already. Not sure how [NOEXERT] works if used before they are sleepy enough to fall asleep.  Do you happen to know if [NO_SLEEP] without [NOEXERT] messes up some things? Like, they'll be permanently tired and suffer the side-effects, because they can't sleep? Also, I should mention this is a very cool mod. In particular, the contrasting personalities to spur grudges.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:17:18 pm by Patchouli »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33