Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

FPS drop

(1/2) > >>

leftycook:
The much dreaded FPS drop is something we all fear. We avoid it in as many ways as possible, but one usually rules above the others.
Sacrifice.
The chief way to raise your FPS to a playable amount is to spill as much blood as possible.
This was planned. The cruel god Armok thirsts for blood, and knows he can obtain it by using his fey powers to slow down time, making seconds into hours, hours into days, days into weeks. The only way to appease him is slaughter.
So I put it to you that the FPS drop isn't a bug, but rather... a feature.

Tastysaurus Rex:
Like dorfs ever needed our help dying anyway.

LemonFrosted:

--- Quote from: Tastysaurus Rex on June 16, 2010, 01:03:48 am ---Like dorfs ever needed our help dying anyway.

--- End quote ---
My current fort does. I'm at 5 years with a mere 2 deaths and one kidnapping. 122 dwarves somehow living out of the reach of Armok.

Tastysaurus Rex:

--- Quote from: LemonFrosted on June 16, 2010, 01:17:18 am ---
--- Quote from: Tastysaurus Rex on June 16, 2010, 01:03:48 am ---Like dorfs ever needed our help dying anyway.

--- End quote ---
My current fort does. I'm at 5 years with a mere 2 deaths and one kidnapping. 122 dwarves somehow living out of the reach of Armok.

--- End quote ---
The fuck? This won't do at all! Clearly you need more magma projects.

Shadowfury333:
I think it should be easy:
1. Build 2 or 3 10x10 raising bridges
2. Assign all the dwarfs you want to kill to squads
3. Raise the bridges
4. Set the squads to move orders in the center of the bridge, as many as will fit for each bridge
5. Lower the bridge
6. FPS

Note: you might want to avoid the more social dwarves, unless you also want a bunch of tantrums to deal with the rest. In which case, find the most social ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version