Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: NoExotic - automatically remove all [PET_EXOTIC] and [MOUNT_EXOTIC] tags.  (Read 16344 times)

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine

Download NoExotic.rar (Build 2)
Download source (Build 2)

Put it in the same directory as your DF folder and let it loose. I was getting pretty annoyed at having nothing useful to do with the animals I caught due to the bugs surrounding the Dungeon Master, so I made this to solve the problem for myself and hopefully some others. It should properly modify any version of DF.

Image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CHANGELOG:
Build 1: Eliminates all [PET_EXOTIC] and [MOUNT_EXOTIC] tags.
Build 2: Instead properly replaces them with [PET] and [MOUNT].
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:36:29 pm by madk »

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome! thanks!
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

rgon842

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome tool, madk! Thanks for the release!

Question: Will NoExotic remove these tags from custom-made raw files in the Objects folder, or just the files shipped with vanilla DF?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

Does it replace them with regular [PET] and [MOUNT] tags?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine

@rgon
It modifies every file in your raws folder, vanilla or not.

@Unintelligent
Ah, no! I'll update a fix.

EDIT:
I fixed it, simply redownload.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:36:15 pm by madk »

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh hey, I saw the link to here in your sig, thanks for reminding me to do this. (I went and checked mantis to see if dungeon masters had been fixed and decided to apply this to be safe.)

Hum, I just peared at the source, and I have no idea what that programming language is.  ??? If it's windows only and linux people want to do this, I suggest:

Code: [Select]
vim creature_*
:bufdo %s/\v\[(PET|MOUNT)_EXOTIC\]/[\1]/g
:wa
:q

As an alternative :).

(I'd uristmodify this but the current incarnation of Uristmod probably can't handle this; it can find the creatures and remove the tags but the new ones will get added at the end where they may be under the effect of a caste or something.)

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine

It's in BlitzMax. If someone wants to compile the code under Linux and MacOS, that'd be great. (The code is cross-platform.)

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just trying this now, if it works as advertised, you sir are awesome!

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine

It works for me! ;)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Will this work on Deons Genesis Mod?If not is there a version that will?(edit)how do i run it?do i put it in my raws and activate it or do i do something else?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 08:34:44 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will this work on Deons Genesis Mod?If not is there a version that will?(edit)how do i run it?do i put it in my raws and activate it or do i do something else?

In case mad's already off for vacation ... I didn't actually execute it myself, so I'm not positive, but peering at the source it needs to go in either the raw directory or the directory containing dwarf fortress.exe; it will ask you "do you want to modify <some folder path>?" before it runs so you can see if it gets it right.

And yeah it looks like it runs a search and replace on all creature_*.txt files it can find, so it will work with whatever.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do i tame on fortress mode?

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile

Either buy an animal from the elves, or capture one with a cage trap. Elven ones are tame already, otherwise you'll have to build a kennels and use the "Tame a wild animal" option from the kennels' <q>uery menu.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine

As long as you execute it in the same folder as the df executable, or the same directory as the folder df_31_0x, it will detect and affect all *.txt files in your df_31_0x\raw\objects\ folder. This means it will work with any version and any mod, no questions asked.
Pages: [1] 2 3