Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: NoExotic - automatically remove all [PET_EXOTIC] and [MOUNT_EXOTIC] tags.  (Read 16341 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Does this mean all animals are avalible from the start up embark menu?because about 70% of them are missing and i have 3000 points to buy things.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine

It does not, though I do believe it adds some more.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Thanks for telling me. :) (:

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think [COMMON_DOMESTIC] is the tag that controls access to animals at startup (aside from biome availability and possibly those taming missions in the world history, per civ).

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page

The webpage is down.
"Not Found" error :/

Did webs delete it or something?
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile

Works for me. Must've been some temporary downtime.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Will this work on Deons Genesis Mod?If not is there a version that will?(edit)how do i run it?do i put it in my raws and activate it or do i do something else?
I will make it myself in the next release because DM seems not to work still.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

Will this work on Deons Genesis Mod?If not is there a version that will?(edit)how do i run it?do i put it in my raws and activate it or do i do something else?
I will make it myself in the next release because DM seems not to work still.

Hm, this is a quite annoying bug to be honest.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NoExotic - automatically remove all [PET_EXOTIC] and [MOUNT_EXOTIC] tags.
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 09:57:38 am »

Will this change the goblin mounted siege squad behavior? I read on the wiki the goblins can come with any underground creature that has the mount_exotic tag. But they never do for me.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile

Got a quick question. Does the Dungeon Master appear now'a days?
I'm getting mixed answers from those I ask.

Don't know if I should use this utility or not.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

You can mod the position to be appointed in-fortress, but the DM's function itself is broken so the 'tame exotics' tag might as well not be there. It's [PET] or nothing.
As for goblin siegers... they can come with giant bats and the like, but I don't know if the tags need to be changed for that.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This tool is awesome. thanks for making it. Also, you don't need to regen the world if you add an option to let players apply it to all raws in the world's save files, and give the user a selection of their existing worlds which they may apply it to. Since you are only modifying EXISTING creatures, it shouldn't cause a problem; my game took the change gleefully, by putting the utility in the world's save folder as well. Suddenly I can train that giant cave spider I spent so much time trapping.

It wouldn't be hard; just scan the file structure surrounding the ./data/save folder and provide a list of region*, and for any region selected apply the change to /region%/raws.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

I never run this utility until I have something to train.  Something about the Goblins being able to show up with ANYTHING they damned well please strikes me as a bit too much Fun.

But yeah, you can't add creatures or tokens but you can EDIT them.  Changing [PET_EXOTIC] in-game is not only possible... I recommend it.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

cheesinglee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 03:48:34 am »

Here is a Python script that should be cross-platform:

http://pastebin.com/ihyr0Ey2

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 07:43:19 am »

for those questioning if this'll let you embark with more things, the answer is both yes and no. dwarves automatically get to use cave critters, so a lot of those they 'discover' during worldgen that just have [PET] will show up for you, mostly from the first cavern level. if you want to give them access to even more, you could go all meta on your stealing from the elves, and take this from their entity default raws and add it to the dwarves: [USE_ANY_PET_RACE]
with that, they seem to have a greater chance to get things from the second cavern layer, too. never seen them start with anything from layer three, but that's prob'ly a good thing

a side effect is you also get a ton of surface level things too, including potentially giant animals and animal-men. if you also steal the elven ability to use good animals and the goblin evil animal taming, you'll get an even wider variety, including such things as beak dogs and unicorns (if your civ has discovered, in those examples, evil marshes and good forests)

and, even with me using the no exotics, my goblin invaders still come mounted on all sorts of craziness. though they really, really seem to love giant ants...
Pages: 1 [2] 3