Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your own personal power goals  (Read 2626 times)

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your own personal power goals
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:42:42 pm »

Basically, stuff you're hoping you can get to see/do in the final version.
I'll start.

#1: OOPS
The great kobold warrior fights the dragon! Not wanting to get fried from the air, he takes refuge in the beast's lair, and the dragon, fearing for its hoard, follows. Inside, the dragon is greatly limited in its mobility, and the kobold takes great advantage of this, striking, hiding, then striking again. The dragon, being no idiot, breathes fire to get enough light to find the annoying pest, but alas! The kobold seizes the opportunity and buries his great* blade in its heart! The dragon twists and turns, snapping jaws trying to get at the kobold, but eventually, it falls from exhaustion and blood loss. Right on top of the kobold. Denied a glorious death, the warrior's ghost begins haunting his tribe, but is eventually appeased when they raise a great statue in his honour at the mouth of the cave.
ALTERNATE: The dragon is hardly pleased with being offed by a measly kobold, and its spirit rises each night to do eternal battle with the kobold's spirit.

*well, it's pretty big for a kobold, anyway

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your own personal power goals
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 03:46:34 pm »

Nothing too fancy. Being able to completely devastate whole world with either some dark magic or insane machinery will make me happy enough.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:18:55 pm »

I haven't really gotten into Adventure mode yet, but that is where my expectations lie.  Like Threetoe's new story I am eager to play as a hunter who lives in and off the the wilderness.  Maybe build a cabin in a forest, gain some animal familiars, defend it from encroaching monsters; that kind of thing would be awesome.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 01:33:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:43:29 am »

I want to be able to play a hero like Odysseus or Jason, with a ship of dudes, and go on lots of adventures and have my own little kingdom and maybe conquer other settlements. Also, some access to magic while doing this would be good, but it would have to be the sort where magic is powerful, but rare and a huge deal to invoke.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:54:59 am »

Build any one of the projects I have planned in my notepad.
But especially the Cathedral of Armok, which has cycling magma-falls, and ballistae in front of the pews in case anyone tries to sneak out of mass.
I also spent ages figuring out the divine dimensions of the church, so everything would add up to, or be a multiple of seven.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:08:16 am »

#2: Can We Not Kill Everyone Today, Honey? I've Got A Headache.

An adventurer and his party blows into town, beating up the mayor, robbing the people, and giving the captain of the guard a wedgie. But wait, what's this? Rather than everyone and his mother going berserk and attempting to kill the adventurer, they merely cower in fear and allow him to have his way with their town! Eventually, he bullies the mayor into letting him be the provisional town leader, all without killing anyone.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 09:15:43 am »

Cannon and grapeshot
Steampunk and medieval dwarves
Gunpowder and steam

Holding off a siege
Waiting for reinforcements
They're marching quickly

No normal cannon
All inscribed with dwarven runes
Magical steel shot

Dwarven bear riders
uhlans of the underground
F*ck me! That's awesome!

I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 01:03:09 pm »

But especially the Cathedral of Armok, which has cycling magma-falls, and ballistae in front of the pews in case anyone tries to sneak out of mass.
I also spent ages figuring out the divine dimensions of the church, so everything would add up to, or be a multiple of seven.
This is possible in the current version.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 03:04:28 pm »

I'd love to see little beast sanctuaries (or whatever you want to call them), as in this comic strip (from Goblins):
http://goblins.keenspot.com/d/20050826.html
And the combat that takes place 2 panels later is great, too, if you wanna take a look at that. In fact, everything about that comic is great. I'd advise ye all to have a read through it from the very start. It's not all in black and white, just the first couple of panels.

(I know this doesn't really count as a Power Goal, but there would be plenty of awesome Power Goal possibilities if these were placed in the game. If you were playing as a kobold or goblin, you could slowly gain the trust of the guys in the building until they let you in. Plenty of booze, equipment, quests, card games etc inside as a reward. Or you could raid these little hideouts as an adventurer and pick up a load of loot.)

I'd also love to see more personality in towns. Proper taverns where people go to drink (occasional tavern brawls; no-one would actually kill each other, people would just get beaten unconscious. Although, accidents do happen), maybe cathedrals to Armok in dorf forts (similar to the one Maggarg described), aqueducts, waterfalls, more formation to the places (houses and shops clustered together around main street. I don't like how the buildings are spaced so far apart from each other), less blocky looking buildings (maybe randomly shaped).

Sorry, I was rambling on a bit thar. Most of that probably doesn't even make sense. Oh well, a guy can dream :-X
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:06:46 pm »

I can't decide whether it is odd that the fact you worked out the divine dimensions is the most awesome part of that post.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 06:38:52 pm »

I can't decide whether it is odd that the fact you worked out the divine dimensions is the most awesome part of that post.

Your grammar is not.

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 08:13:06 pm »

The Elven ambassador approaches the great steel throne of the Dwarven King, guards standing at attention along the sides of the aisle. He passionately pleads his case for the trees in the valley which surrounds the mighty mountainhomes, yet the king appears unmoved. His furious rant escalating, the elf finds himself unsteady and light-headed; the cold rock overhead, and the great falls of liquid rock around him, wear at the forest-dweller's unaccustomed lungs and resolve alike.

As still as stone, the King sits stubbornly and watches as the elf rants himself into fainting exhaustion. "Dump him amid the stumps of his trees," he orders adamantly, "these lands are rightly ours, and our industry shall stop for nothing."
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:24:12 pm »

Driven by the distant bestial screams of the horde, the last of the refugees rushed through the antechamber as the massive stone gates fell closed. The first platoon of defenders, dressed in proud armor and holding their massive hammers and axes high, marched through the mob of their beaten human allies and formed ranks about the Hall of Welcoming, arming themselves for a glorious sallying charge. These goblins had easily ravaged the militias of the mens' towns, but those days were to end quite abruptly. The wretched ones would find only death here, between cold earth and colder steel.
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 09:34:12 pm »

Request someone's "ultimate" save with his/her dream fortress in it's most powerful/completed state/peak.

Then create an adventurer, gather/create some of the best fighters (of different races even) around, build up everything (skills, our own mercenary fortress, create and gather the best equipments, train our mounts and war pets, etc.) to it's maximum potential.

Only then...will we begin our SIEGE of that "impenetrable" Dwarven fortress. Either through stealthily infiltrating it or a head-on assault (or why not both?). Maybe join in or take advantage of an ongoing goblin/elven attack and such.

Imagine...Riding our dragon mounts through ballista and catapult fire, fighting and taking down other player's dwarven champions who've survived countless goblins and megabeasts, evading & disabling traps, throwing siege operators and defenders off the walls, burning and pillaging your way deep unto their proud halls, triggering a magma flow (Or unlocking the HFS that they've sealed or again, why not both?) inside and escaping Indiana Jones style as me and my troops watch it all burn.

....and that's just goal #1...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:02:49 pm by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...
Pages: [1] 2 3