Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trading Changes (Adventure Mode after a Fortress)  (Read 451 times)

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trading Changes (Adventure Mode after a Fortress)
« on: June 23, 2010, 03:12:49 pm »

Well, I just ran a fort whose whole purpose was to get me some adamantine gear for my adventurers. During it, I sold a lot of the rejects getting to Legendary on my dwarves to trade caravans. My fort was embarked just 2 tiles away from a Civ NPC fort to make it wasy to get to later. After abandoning it and going to pick up all my stuff, I went to the nearest city to check it out... and found something weird.

All of the traders, elven, human, and dwarven are there. And all the junk I sold to them is splayed out, everywhere. AND the duchess from my fort is there (You can see her in the image.)

Anyone else have any experience with this? I didn't realize traders were moved to different sites and could get added into things on site load. Is this just some kind of freakish bug or part of a new feature to get traders moving around to other civs? The random gear everywhere is clearly the same process that gets run for reclaiming an old fort or visiting one, but why would traders splay their stuff all around everywhere?

Ultimately my goal with this one is to get 10-20 legendary adventurers, retire them all in the same human town, then embark into that town and then use dfhack to convert all the adventurers into my civ and make them into squads of awesome monster-slaying legendary dwarves (or humans or elves). (So far it just makes my game crash... not sure why, but hopefully I'll figure it out.) But I like seeing this trading thing overall; It would be neat if your exports could affect the balance of power over history, even if right now it just adds junk to the list of items in a site.

Pic of the worldmap to see how close the site was. It was a 2x2 site, slightly se of bright settlement in the center of the map here:
http://armrha.org/worldmap-pic.png[/img]]

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:14:22 pm by armrha »

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Changes (Adventure Mode after a Fortress)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 03:37:01 pm »

Heh, you more or less answered all your own question. Sites and traders living actual lives is still NYI and since this happens, I never trade anything except a few roasts to the merchants (lest my adventurers have to see all those -Microcline Floodgates- that were made by accident come back from the dead!)
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.