Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Your own personal power goals  (Read 2625 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Your own personal power goals
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 09:53:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I already do that, just need to find the right place and you can get to hell. I have my doubts that Toady would include a relatively obscure Megadeth song in dwarf fortress (although a way to compose legendary music in DF would be pretty sweet, and allow that to happen) You can always just order the Hidden Treasures compilation album from amazon.com like I did.

My power goal is simple. I want to be able to get an adventurer so famous that the game embelleshes things and lies about them. If a dwarf kills 300 goblins and a dragon I want engravings of him killing them by strangling them with his beard and karate chopping the dragon's head off and laying 20 dwarven women at the same time, regardless of the fact that he was belarded by hanging sacks of fat and had one leg most of his life.

In short. I want the game to acknowledge how awesome some guys are by lying it's ass off like it does for the semimegabeasts.

Additionally, I'd like to brag back at the semimegabeasts. I've killed ten times as many cyclopses as they've killed humans and I'm not allowed to tell them they're pathetic assholes? lame.

Additionally I'd like to be able to brag back

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 09:53:15 pm »

Obliterate nation after nation with the almighty flagship of Armok's Gauntlet.

Of course, the finished version (as seen in the project page) is only version 1.0 of it. I intend to further improve upon the design.

EDIT:
Just noticed this post.
Nothing too fancy. Being able to completely devastate whole world with either some dark magic or insane machinery will make me happy enough.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:00:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 04:14:13 am »

It has been a long, hard winter and the mood in the fortress is sour and quarrelsome. A dwarf is irritated by a rowdy group of youths in the sculpture garden outside his front door, and finally his temper cracks. He takes up a stout log from the stack beside the fire and runs out into the hallway yelling at them.
A fortress guard steps in and attempts to calm the angry dwarf down whilst his partner lectures the children. He refuses to be pacified and the guard's tone shifts, threatening him with arrest if he persists. The dwarf ignores the guard's warning, brandishing his improvised club.
The guard forcibly disarms the would-be assailant, picking up a black eye in the process, and firmly handcuffs him. The miscreant is taken to the cells to await his appearance before the Magistrate.
The defendant, his advocate and the Sheriff each make their arguments, and the guard who made the arrest is questioned on oath. Eventually the verdict is reached; the defendant is found guilty of Threatening Behaviour, not guilty of Assaulting A Fortress Guard and not guilty of Assault With A Deadly Weapon. A fine of three hundred coin is imposed due to the mitigating circumstances of considerable provocation.

Basically, you've got guards who attempt to calm tantruming dwarves down before they cause damage (one Pacifier roll, one Intimidator roll), an approximation of an adversarial justice system (one Persuader roll each for the accused, some sort of Advocate figure and the Sheriff/Captain of the Guard) and fines as an alternative to jail time and beatings or Hammerings.
Yes, I am a big fan of the Discworld City Watch novels. How did you guess? ;)
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 11:34:21 am »

I'd just like to get a computer that can run 120+ dwarves at a halfway decent FPS
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 05:10:04 pm »

Build any one of the projects I have planned in my notepad.
But especially the Cathedral of Armok, which has cycling magma-falls, and ballistae in front of the pews in case anyone tries to sneak out of mass.
I also spent ages figuring out the divine dimensions of the church, so everything would add up to, or be a multiple of seven.

I can't decide whether it is odd that the fact you worked out the divine dimensions is the most awesome part of that post.

Divine dimensions? Seven? Huh? Enlighten me, please!  ???
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 10:08:15 pm »

I want to build a multi-site, multi-racial ecosystem.  A fort for metalworking and stonecrafting, an elven retreat producing top-quality wood products (harvested sustainably, of course), a human town that provides the highest quality livestock and leather goods, and a central, capital city where all three races meet to trade, philosophize and recruit parties for dungeon crawls and megabeast hunting expeditions.
I brake for stumble bumblings

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 11:29:39 pm »

Dig a tunnel to the underworld in adventurer mode and establish a fortress in the deeps then raid the overworld from below.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 04:52:08 pm »

But especially the Cathedral of Armok, which has cycling magma-falls, and ballistae in front of the pews in case anyone tries to sneak out of mass.
I also spent ages figuring out the divine dimensions of the church, so everything would add up to, or be a multiple of seven.

I can't decide whether it is odd that the fact you worked out the divine dimensions is the most awesome part of that post.

The ancients in our world were big on incorporating significant numerology into their architecture; go wiki the Golden Ratio for all that kind of interesting stuff.

In Dwarf Land, it is of course natural that their Divine Numerology would of course feature the number seven prominently, as that is the number of dwarves every fortress embarks with.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24:26 am »

Multi threaded functions in DF to unburden my poor CPU
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 11:50:39 am »

I already do that, just need to find the right place and you can get to hell. I have my doubts that Toady would include a relatively obscure Megadeth song in dwarf fortress (although a way to compose legendary music in DF would be pretty sweet, and allow that to happen) You can always just order the Hidden Treasures compilation album from amazon.com like I did.

My power goal is simple. I want to be able to get an adventurer so famous that the game embelleshes things and lies about them. If a dwarf kills 300 goblins and a dragon I want engravings of him killing them by strangling them with his beard and karate chopping the dragon's head off and laying 20 dwarven women at the same time, regardless of the fact that he was belarded by hanging sacks of fat and had one leg most of his life.

In short. I want the game to acknowledge how awesome some guys are by lying it's ass off like it does for the semimegabeasts.

Additionally, I'd like to brag back at the semimegabeasts. I've killed ten times as many cyclopses as they've killed humans and I'm not allowed to tell them they're pathetic assholes? lame.

Additionally I'd like to be able to brag back

Toady would probably be sued by mustaine if he put that song in i wish he would put in metallica but metallica would probably sue toady too [looks at napster case]Hmmm what about pantera?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:53:18 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 01:32:26 pm »

Build up a huge citadel and send armies of mounted axedwarves to wage war on the elves. Wipe out all of the elves, then continue worldgen for 1000 years. See what happens, and take control of your fortress 1000 years older and mightier! Lag-free...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:35:19 pm by Huggz »
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 06:33:45 pm »

The ancients in our world were big on incorporating significant numerology into their architecture; go wiki the Golden Ratio for all that kind of interesting stuff.

In Dwarf Land, it is of course natural that their Divine Numerology would of course feature the number seven prominently, as that is the number of dwarves every fortress embarks with.

Ah, thanks! I did look up the sectio aurea; very interesting :D
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 06:55:10 pm »

You are the infamous necromancer of the emanciated plains. After creating your dark tower you begin to amass an undead army of zombies to expand your dominion.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 07:20:51 pm »

You are the infamous necromancer of the emanciated plains. After creating your dark tower you begin to amass an undead army of zombies to expand your dominion.
Yeah, this as well.
Preferably, with all these 'good' civs trying to stop you before its too late.

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 02:34:54 am »

"Dwarves are getting worried about your bloodlust"
"Several Dwaves have gone on strike until you stop the sacrifices"
"The strike leaders have been found"
"mcdwarfx4 has been killed: Executed"
Just another day in the Asylum Fort bwhahahahaha
Pages: 1 [2] 3