Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your own personal power goals  (Read 2616 times)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your own personal power goals
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:39 am »

Epic siege with goblins or any other modded creatures in formations, getting obliterated by both dwarven gunpowder based weapons, coupled with suddent collapse of a wall of the big magma lake.

Other than that, buildable railguns (magical or moder alike, take your pick) that can pierce stone
" The flying *Steel railgun slug* hits Nil, the Goblin Warlord in upper body and the severed part is torn into shreds"
Urist McMadScientist is caught in sonic blast
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:20:05 am by Z1000000m »

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 03:36:37 pm »

His mighty gilded hammer aglow with the light of the molten earth below, the honored dwarven lieutenant charged into the raging melee. The foul goblins had pushed them back into the tunnels, but the inner city was protected by a mighty magma river, and this sole bridge to her heart had never before fallen to any foe. "Let their blood boil, their flesh be assayed by the flowing stone!"

Two things I'd like to see: Dwarven officers inspiring members of their squad, and the ability to gild weapons and equipment (as opposed to simply applying studs to them).

The setting is just an idea I'd like to try out. I do believe I'll flood the caverns from the next magma pipe I find. :D
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 07:09:00 pm »

The goblins were at the outer walls. Their squad of trolls were placing the battering rams and sappers to break through. Goblins place ladders and begin scaling the walls. Your marksdwarves begin firing down upon them but are hit by a flaming boulder launched by the goblins's trebuchet. Your nobles retreat to the keep as the goblins rush through. Some dwarves hide deep within the caverns where the goblins do not dare to enter. After setting the fortress alight they execute any survivors found, loot any valuables they can find, kidnap the nobles and leave. The survivors in the caverns wait until starvation sets in before going back to the surface to rebuild...
Pages: 1 2 [3]