Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Clown-Led Goblin Seiges.

(1/2) > >>

Malsqueek:
So, I have been chugging away at a new fort in .06, its almost where I want it (except my ridiculous random entryway trap), and I started getting sieges.

The local Goblin 418 is led by a Demon who seems to not only love instigating sieges on my fort, but showing up for them as well.

In five seasons, he has stopped by with three squads of his best four times. I haven't even had time to clear away corpses or items in between. It has been fun, and Fun. It has also been a good primer on just how pwerful the new military is. I have 4 axedwarves with Full Bronze armor (which they may or may not decide to wear at any given time) and Adamantine axes, and they positively MURDER things. So far I have only lost 2 of my original 6, and those were the ones who decided to go to combat with a duck on their head and their leather armor as a weapon.

The thing I am curious about; Do demon-led goblin forces usually attack THIS often? I can't even clean the trash out of the doorway and my FPS is starting to die.

Terisuke:
Are you camped out on top of a goblin capitol city?  Or, have you managed to start a state of war with your local gobbos?  I get a siege once a year in autumn, sometime around the dwarven caravan - normally WHEN it arrives, which is always interesting.  I've had mounteds, flying, swimming, trolls, etc, but no demons and nothing terribly strange.

Malsqueek:
They were totally silent until year two. I got 5 thieves (two batches) in one season, then two seasons later sieges start.

Mangled:
Kill the clown in charge?

Halo:
My last two forts have had a demon lead gobbo civ and a human general led gobbo civ respectively, and the demon one was way, way, way more aggressive. To the point where he himself eventually got inside the fort. The traps took care of his mount and his army, but he fought my troops in the entry way. (incidentally, masterwork steel axes can merely bruise giant, human shaped fox-demon skin). He died, and I didn't see a single gobbo again for the duration of the fort, which lasted a few more years before succumbing to fps/boredom death. The point being I think each gobbo civ is different, and some are certainly more aggressive than others. I'm sure being led by the devil has a pretty significant influence on such things.

Also incidentally, does anyone know for sure; if you kill the leader of the local gobbos, does that mean you'll never see another gobbo again forever? That would be really disappointing, and I would make it a point to keep them alive if that was the case. I've asked this question a few times in various places, with no real answer yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version