Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 12/14/07 A day that will live in infamy... sorta..  (Read 2069 times)

Fuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 12/14/07 A day that will live in infamy... sorta..
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 02:46:00 am »

Just some speech I messed with.  I take no credit except for the edits.  

Yesterday, December 14, 2007 -- a date which will live in infamy -- The <Insert> was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Goblin of Empire.

The <Insert> was at peace with that Nation and, at the solicitation of the Goblins, was still in conversation with its Government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Many Worlds. Indeed, one hour after Goblin air squadrons had commenced bombing in The <Insert>, the Goblin Ambassador to the <Insert> and his colleague delivered to the Secretary of State of form reply to a recent Dwarven  message. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of <Insert> from Goblin Land makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Goblin Government had deliberately sought to deceive the <Insert> by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the <Insert> Islands has caused severe damage to Dwarven naval and military forces. Very many Dwarfs lives have been lost. In addition Dwarven ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between <Insert> and <Insert>.

Yesterday the Goblin Government also launched an attack against <Insert>.

Last night Goblin forces attacked <Insert>.

Last night Goblin forces attacked <Insert>.

Last night Goblin forces attacked the <Insert>.

Last night the Goblins attacked <Insert>.

Goblins have, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The people of the <Insert> have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our Nation.

As Captain of the Guard of the Army and Navy I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.

Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the Dwarven people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe I interpret the will of the King/Queen/Mayor and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory, and our interests are in grave danger.

With confidence in our armed forces -- with the unbounded determination of our people -- we will gain the inevitable triumph -- so help us Armok.

I ask that the King/Queen/Mayor declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by the Goblins on Friday, December fortieth, a state of war has existed between the Dwarfs and the Goblin Empire.

[ December 18, 2007: Message edited by: Fuzz ]

tray Kitten (Tame) has adopted Fuzz.  Bay Watcher.
Pages: 1 [2]