Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Tribute Mission  (Read 5187 times)

theblank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Tribute Mission
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »

With Toady's gracious permission, I've created a custom mission in the City of Heroes MMO (www.cityofheroes.com) based on his fantastic game.  I did what I could to preserve the humor that's inherent in the game itself (and in the stories people write up on these forums).  I have no idea what sort of crossover there is in the player base between the two games, but if you try out my mission arc, let me know if you enjoyed it!

Architect Entertainment mission number 418914
Created by @Guardrail
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:01:46 pm by theblank »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Tribute Mission
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:47:49 pm »

City of Hoeroes? D:

theblank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 09:01:56 pm »

Doh!  Thanks for the correction.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 11:26:21 pm »

I don't play CoH, but I would still be interested in your mission. Perhaps some description of it could be posted here?

theblank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:45:29 pm »

I don't play CoH, but I would still be interested in your mission. Perhaps some description of it could be posted here?

I can copy out the text of the missions and some screen shots.  Give me a day or two to get it in a nice format and I'll do so.  I'll give you a little taste, the "mission contact" is a being know only as...The Deadly Carp!

Miuramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Tribute Mission in CoH
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:57:04 am »

With Toady's gracious permission, I've created a custom mission in the City of Heroes MMO (www.cityofheroes.com) based on his fantastic game.  I did what I could to preserve the humor that's inherent in the game itself (and in the stories people write up on these forums).  I have no idea what sort of crossover there is in the player base between the two games, but if you try out my mission arc, let me know if you enjoyed it!

Architect Entertainment mission number 418914
Created by @Guardrail

I'll check this out when I get a chance; I've got an unpublished "non-canon fantasy" AE arc strongly inspired by DF that I've been meaning to get back to.  It was originally designed before the .31 versions, and putting a Forgotten Beast encounter in as the finale may be what it needed. 

theblank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 05:42:42 pm »

That's a cool idea, let me know what your arc is when it's up for feedback and I'll gladly check it out.