Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Fur, Hide and Feathers - a tanning mod [0.8b]  (Read 17112 times)

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fur, Hide and Feathers - a tanning mod [0.8b]
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2010, 12:29:47 pm »

Hey, it looks like many of the values in material_template_default.txt for things like leather and chitin have been tweaked between .08 and .10. For the moment I'm copying the physical values over into the tanmod equivilant materieals, but I only have the vaguest idea how these even work ... Is that generally what should be done?

Thanks!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2010, 12:53:47 pm »

Generally, yes - if you want to wait for a day or two I'll do the same and upload a new version.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 01:03:55 pm »

Cool. I actually already did it since I was going through and fixing up all the random files in my raws ... (wow, there are way more standard mats than I thought) ... all of the sections are 30 lines long, so a lot of V29jy<tab>V29jp in vim, :)

Anyway, updates are awesome. I need to sound less durnk, since I'm not...

Lord Herman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2010, 02:55:17 am »

Great mod! I like having more domestic animals, and domestic animals with new and interesting uses are even better!

One question, though. Would it be possible to somehow abuse the milk creature action to let dorfs shear sheep for wool without killing them? It seems strange to have to butcher a sheep to get its wool.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2010, 04:30:08 am »

Great mod! I like having more domestic animals, and domestic animals with new and interesting uses are even better!

One question, though. Would it be possible to somehow abuse the milk creature action to let dorfs shear sheep for wool without killing them? It seems strange to have to butcher a sheep to get its wool.

It should be possible, so long as you're willing to overlook the fact that the fleece will be stored in a bucket.  This is assuming that the reaction-components-in-containers issues have been fixed; if they haven't there's not much we can do to work around them.

I've just had a rather catastrophic hard drive failure, so I probably won't get time to make any changes tonight, but I have a few new things I want to add and they should be done in a day or so.

ALSO: I've now merged this mod with Wanderer's Friend, originally an Adventure mode crafting mod, and will be updating that thread/entry instead of this one.  The thread can be found here.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:36:25 am by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2010, 05:48:13 am »

Thanks for this mod, It'll help me understand reactions that rely on certain Mats to use, As I'm trying to get some realistic adventure mode reactions going, and I cannot for the life of me get Bones to work. I've done this
Code: [Select]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BONE_MAT]
and I am about to try it now. (Bone bolts!)

I also tried to get a crossbow-like weapon (or tool, really) to separate bones in adventure mode by firing them. Can't get that to use bones as ammo either  ::)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2010, 05:58:58 am »

Thanks for this mod, It'll help me understand reactions that rely on certain Mats to use, As I'm trying to get some realistic adventure mode reactions going, and I cannot for the life of me get Bones to work. I've done this
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BONE_MAT]
and I am about to try it now. (Bone bolts!)

I also tried to get a crossbow-like weapon (or tool, really) to separate bones in adventure mode by firing them. Can't get that to use bones as ammo either  ::)

Using a material product is a bit cumbersome for bone, since you can just use something like this:
[REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] ...in the reaction instead - it has the additional benefit of not requiring any changes to the vanilla raws, and not accepting items like bolts or skulls that happen to be made of bone.

Glad you find the mod useful; if you have any queries about it, don't hesitate to ask.
Also known as Zuhayr.

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:33 am »

THANKYOU.

I'll note that.

What about tanning hides in adventure mode?

[REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE_ADV]
[NAME:tan a hide]
    [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:LEATHER]
[SKILL:TANNER]
Is what I have at the moment, but it allows me to tan bones, skull, and anything a butchered body produces but meat products.

(I'm sorry, there are no in-depth guides to making really specific reaction, at least not for 31.09/.10)

Also note, it is the vanilla TAN_A_HIDE reaction, just suited to adventure mode use
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:16:15 am by cartmann »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2010, 07:17:10 am »

THANKYOU.

I'll note that.

What about tanning hides in adventure mode?

Currently material products are bugged - the same thing happens with all the materials in my Adventure mode crafting mod, which is a variant of this one.  They'll grab anything from the creature - there's no way around it yet.
Also known as Zuhayr.

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2010, 07:17:56 am »

Thanks Lofn

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2010, 12:30:50 am »

Looks like there's been changes to the raws since the last version of the mod, since the vanilla files currently have a newer timestamp.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]