Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baby and animals... healthcare?  (Read 8101 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Baby and animals... healthcare?
« on: June 19, 2010, 10:32:36 am »

So in my current game (31.06), I have a baby that was caught in a melee and now needs a diagnosis. I have two doctors sitting around twiddling their thumbs. A similar situation has occurred with a war giant leopard. Do animals, children and babies not get healthcare currently?

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baby and animals... healthcare?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:30:29 am »

I've never seen a baby get healthcare. Although I usually just drown them and give their mothers a mist generator or something. Babies are only good as shields for military, else they are just useless fps hogs.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:17:20 pm »

I've never seen a baby get healthcare. Although I usually just drown them and give their mothers a mist generator or something. Babies are only good as shields for military, else they are just useless fps hogs.
How do you separate them from the parents for drowning?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 07:42:53 pm »

How do you separate them from the parents for drowning?
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 08:04:24 pm »

Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 10:29:34 pm »

I love this game!

Edit:Sphalerite gets sig'd if he doesn't mind...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:31:18 pm by Exiledhero99 »
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »

Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.

and knowing is half the battle!
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 12:43:42 am »

Sigged
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."