Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Goblin camp  (Read 47666 times)

redhalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin camp
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2010, 03:51:44 pm »

Quote from: myself
Are we in agreement that you can make criticism of a game without the thinly disguised "I'm making a panacea to solve all your problems (unlike that guy), here play my game".

See what I posted about Impaler. Same shit, different person.

I posted it even before the question was asked.

That didn't actually answer it, you just interpreted what Ayroc has said differently than it was intended and said "don't say that".

Quote from: KaelGotDwarves
That's just my opinion and no way related to anyone else or the collected view of this forum. Happy?

Are you going to keep hounding me over my personal opinion? I guess that's normal to do that to strangers on the internet nowadays.

So you are entitled to an opinion but no one else making a game in the same genre as DF is?

izzyryu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2010, 03:59:26 pm »

What's really funny is seeing all the bay12 crowd get so worked up in defense over their "savior" as they complain about Aryoc sycophants there.
Fixed that for you.

At least no one in that thread was calling for Toady's murder, unlike certain people in this thread (yes, I'm aware that it was hyperbole, but come on). I have nothing against Toady, nor to I have any special interest in Aryoc, other than he's doing something new, it sounds interesting, and I want to see where he's going with it. Claiming that he's at the head of some conspiracy to "attack" Toady is flat-out delusional.

If you want to circle the wagons, go right ahead, but you're only making yourself and others who are taking the same stance look like a bunch of frothing crazies.

I think the real problem is neither him nor the DF fanboys, but all the folks jumping in with completely irrelevant comments in an attempt to be impartial peacemakers.

Yes, because there's totally a fucking war going on. Jesus Christ go outside once in a while.

Beran Senae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2010, 04:02:05 pm »

We may be jumping the gun by getting angry at the guy, but it's a natural response given the situation.

No, see, here's the thing. It's not natural. At all. He's literally just telling the world what he's doing, and asking for feedback. There's no mention of him hating Toady and DF-in fact, I doubt he'd be making the game if he did.

systema

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2010, 04:04:38 pm »

We may be jumping the gun by getting angry at the guy, but it's a natural response given the situation.

What is the situation you're in where the natural response is anger?

jvempire

• Bay Watcher
  • Row Row, Fight da British
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2010, 04:04:59 pm »

If you don't see the passive aggressive jabs at DF in Ayroc's posts, then you really need to get out more.
Assume makes an ass out of me and you.  ;)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2010, 04:08:38 pm »

What is the situation you're in where the natural response is anger?

I guess it's like how a cat gets angry when the vet gives it a shot or something.

systema

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2010, 04:22:28 pm »

but if you're the cat getting angry, why are you getting angry at a vet who is giving another cat a shot in another clinic?

redhalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2010, 04:40:51 pm »

but if you're the cat getting angry, why are you getting angry at a vet who is giving another cat a shot in another clinic?
Aw shit, now you have 2cats.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2010, 05:10:26 pm »

Assume makes an ass out of me and you.  ;)
that would be "You and Me" otherwise the joke makes no sence. Ass u me

The only problem I have with it is that its ripping off Kobold Camps name. Goblins live in towers people.

the Dregs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2010, 05:18:54 pm »

I am really (guiltily) looking forward to Goblin Camp and Khazad. When I started DF years ago the first thing I ever came here for was to see if anyone was posting about the UI. I love this game, and I have been eagerly awaited every new iteration hoping that the UI would be fixed and I'd be all happy and stuff.

Instead he releases 2010. Which added more clutter to the interface along with a bunch of stuff that could be cool if it just worked. The last couple updates and half-assedly fixed some of the new introduced problems. STOP ADDING STUFF! Fix the UI! If that is not what you want to do, let guys like Aryoc and Impaler work on it instead of them having the make the perfect game you came up with. You're so close  >:(

Also, a lot of you forget that SA has been supportive of this game from the start. I am quite sure a large amount of the game's popularity is due to the buzz generated by boatmurdered. The thing about SA is that they don't bother being polite and they don't put up with any fanboi-ism.  They're just frustrated. Well, a lot of them are. SA'ers aren't very cohesive unless they're making fun of something.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:31:11 pm by the Dregs »

Mfbrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2010, 05:29:13 pm »

What is the situation you're in where the natural response is anger

Somebody is taking passive aggressive stabs at one of my favorite games (and missing the point) while riding on its coattails to promote his own game.

Whether or not he intends malice, it's sleazy and pushes my buttons.  You're entitled to not care if that's what you want (or even support him), and I'm entitled to be mad and say mean things about the guy.

I get pissed at people overseas for making fun of American football too, and I get mad at people who rag on my favorite music - guess what, red blooded males aren't always docile and understanding.  It's normal and natural as long as you don't hurt anybody.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2010, 05:47:00 pm »

Somebody is taking passive aggressive stabs at one of my favorite games

How is it more passive-aggressive than the criticisms posted in DF Suggestions?  What's passive about it at all?

izzyryu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »

I get pissed at people overseas for making fun of American football too, and I get mad at people who rag on my favorite music - guess what, red blooded males aren't always docile and understanding.  It's normal and natural as long as you don't hurt anybody.
Protip: While the chest pounding and "REAL MEN DEFEND THEIR OBSESSIONS TO THE DEATH nonsense is kind of hilariously adorable, having a penis neither entitles you to nor requires this behavior. Try again.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2010, 06:15:07 pm »

How is it more passive-aggressive than the criticisms posted in DF Suggestions?  What's passive about it at all?

The lack of repeated use of ****, *******, and **** ****** **********?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mfbrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2010, 06:16:57 pm »

Foot: word choice and timing of posts

izzy: agree to disagree, girly man
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16