Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Goblin camp  (Read 47489 times)

redhalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin camp
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2010, 05:41:34 pm »

One guy != a "raid."
Go through this and other goblincamp threads and count how much accounts are registered with sole purpose of defending gc/trolling here.
Isn't it quite surprising to see people to come to some game's forum with sole purpose of defending another game there? Talk about zealotry now.

A "raid" would imply an organized attack. That is not what this is. This was a matter of this thread being cross linked over at SA and a few of us individuals individually wanted to participate in the discussion. In fact, we were asked in our own thread over at SA not to start flame wars here. It's pretty xenophobic to attribute every disagreement from a stranger as a "raid". We are all part of the Dwarf Fortress community.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2010, 05:48:31 pm »

Anybody else find it funny that the video mentions that buildings aren't all one shape, as if that was what all DF players wanted?

Anybody?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2010, 05:51:00 pm »

I wouldn't mind if I could tetris my workshops, but it not dire.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2010, 05:51:07 pm »

Anybody else find it funny that the video mentions that buildings aren't all one shape, as if that was what all DF players wanted?

Anybody?
Its been mentioned in the thread, yes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2010, 05:51:21 pm »

One guy != a "raid."
Go through this and other goblincamp threads and count how much accounts are registered with sole purpose of defending gc/trolling here.
Isn't it quite surprising to see people to come to some game's forum with sole purpose of defending another game there? Talk about zealotry now.

A "raid" would imply an organized attack. That is not what this is. This was a matter of this thread being cross linked over at SA and a few of us individuals individually wanted to participate in the discussion. In fact, we were asked in our own thread over at SA not to start flame wars here. It's pretty xenophobic to attribute every disagreement from a stranger as a "raid". We are all part of the Dwarf Fortress community.

This guy has won... nothing!  It is far from a raid.  Plus their would be more fire if it was.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2010, 08:22:37 pm »

Anybody?

Can't you do that now with custom workshops? I distinctly remember Toady posting something about that with a 7x7 star jelly dispenser he'd custom modded in.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2010, 08:40:18 pm »

i am all for it.

This s far has much of what I wish DF had, and none of what i love about DF, yet.

BTW, I dont play DF anymore. The UI is the main reason.
I got nothing

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:02 pm »

IŽll be more convinced about the legitness of this when he has released one version or three, and gathers a dev community (I am assuming that, as it is open source, it will be group-made, too, like Dungeon Crawl). As it is now he could quit before it becomes a DF-level game. (again, assuming the whole thing is even true)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

the Dregs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2010, 12:27:53 am »

Does anyone here know why some SA members dislike this forum? I had always assumed there would be a lot of overlap with people here going there also.

Rampant Fanboism

The fact that even in this thread you have to wade through silly shit like kitten vs puppy posts and lame insults.

Furries.

Oh yeah, I think it started with the huge thread on having Toady add poop to the game. Seriously guys?

BUT, don't think of it as "them" vs "you". SA is HUGE. Only a tiny percentage of them care or even know about DF or post about it. Only a fraction of those guys care about these forums. A good bit of those guys also love screwing with people.

But, man, you guys do some silly stuff here. You needs mods in the worst way.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2010, 12:56:12 am »

they already have mods here, just not very good ones.

i see people here still have a hate-boner over goblin camp. grow up already it's just a video game.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:58:28 am by subject name here »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2010, 01:46:00 am »

Oh yeah, you're right. The SA forums have none of these problems.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2010, 01:48:16 am »

Oh yeah, you're right. The SA forums have none of these problems.

^^^^

turkishgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2010, 02:01:53 am »

One guy != a "raid."

If you're going to start pointing fingers, you better list names and posts too. There have been 2 threads about Goblin Camp. One was definitely a troll thread created by one person who registered an account for that purpose. I haven't seen any others. If you're actually accusing people inside of this 'Goblin Camp' thread of trolling through friendly discussion of the very game of the same name... I don't know what to say. I don't see any of these so called 'trolls' going into other threads and starting crap. As this thread is now in the 'Other Games' category, you really have no excuse to come onto the thread and start accusing people of being trolls. I won't deny that there are tons of trolls out there, but that has nothing to do with Goblin Camp as a game. If you're pissed off about something someone on ANOTHER FORUM said, deal with it there, not here, and not with this game.

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2010, 02:46:24 am »

This is not a lot of discussion going on here.  Just a bunch of off topic hostility.  I'm locking the thread.  Start another thread if you want, but use the moderator report button next time, or I'll have to dump it.
Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]