Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released  (Read 127310 times)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:33 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh seriously i thought this would have been stable and finally sat down and dived into a fortress only to have it crash when trying to inspect a statues value. I waited an entire year for the caverns to come out hopefully i wont be waiting another year before its stable enough to play :(.
Really? If you can't handle a few crashes and bugs perhaps you should not be playing a game which is still in the alpha development stage.

I've played alpha for probably 3 years now and one thing its always been is stable. I've handled bugs but in a game without saving a crash can be devastating esp when its right before a season change which i have for the auto save. I can actually say that i've never had DF crash on me before today in the entire time i've played it.
So the very first time DF has ever crashed for you, you run to the forum and post this melodramatic "I hope I don't have to wait ANOTHER YEAR" post even though, had you taken time to read the thread, you would have known that the bug had been identified and fixed already...?

Good job.

Christ, who cares, just go play some .08

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2010, 10:42:12 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh seriously i thought this would have been stable and finally sat down and dived into a fortress only to have it crash when trying to inspect a statues value. I waited an entire year for the caverns to come out hopefully i wont be waiting another year before its stable enough to play :(.
Really? If you can't handle a few crashes and bugs perhaps you should not be playing a game which is still in the alpha development stage.

I've played alpha for probably 3 years now and one thing its always been is stable. I've handled bugs but in a game without saving a crash can be devastating esp when its right before a season change which i have for the auto save. I can actually say that i've never had DF crash on me before today in the entire time i've played it.
So the very first time DF has ever crashed for you, you run to the forum and post this melodramatic "I hope I don't have to wait ANOTHER YEAR" post even though, had you taken time to read the thread, you would have known that the bug had been identified and fixed already...?

Good job.

Christ, who cares, just go play some .08
Yeah, go burn an elven village or something. Proven fact, burning elves lowers your stress count.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2010, 11:25:46 pm »

Re "cold magma": when I dump things into magma, .06 and now .08, they vaporize instantly. Poof, gone. Horse, hoof, cage and all. (It's not wrong to sacrifice wild horses to Armok... especially since they can't be trained as war animals  :-X)
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Sonrah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • AF Modding
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2010, 12:36:07 am »

Yay a new version fixing the few last "can't move from 40d19" bugs for me :)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2010, 12:44:46 am »

Re "cold magma": when I dump things into magma, .06 and now .08, they vaporize instantly. Poof, gone. Horse, hoof, cage and all. (It's not wrong to sacrifice wild horses to Armok... especially since they can't be trained as war animals  :-X)

War Horses...hm...
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2010, 12:47:29 am »

War Horses...hm...

WAR OF HORSES!!!

ehem.....

I'll just go to bed now as its late.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2010, 01:19:52 am »

So is .8 save compatible with .7? and whats the new legacy/SDL thing? haha havent been monitoring all the new changes while i waited for the golden version.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2010, 02:00:29 am »

.08 is .07 with a crash bug (presumably the one you were talking about) fixed, as well as an embark bug fixed.  So, yes, nothing major gameplay-wise changed between the two, so they're compatible.

The SDL version uses your graphics card to draw things on the screen.  It may run better, depending upon your graphics card.  The legacy version draws the screen how it used to in 40d.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2010, 02:02:52 am »

Thanks i'm gonna try and see if i can recover my saved game because i've gone to goddamn long without playing DF.

Duke Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2010, 02:50:24 am »

War Horses...hm...

That's a slippery slope that leads to hunting horses, which are only a soap's throw from unicorns. *spit*

Trust me, nobody wants unicorn ambushe(r)s -- except their elfish masters, of course.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.07 Released
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2010, 02:56:03 am »

Is the earth still overstuffed with minerals? That is for me number 1 bug, number two is disfunctional combat and number three is cold magma. I will start playing new DF after these 3 are fixed, not sooner.Until then im still running on old DF.

Are you playing with temperature turned off?  Or are you referring to there being more magma-safe rocks?  Both of those can be changed on your end.

There aren't many rocks that wouldn't at least soften a bit in contact with basaltic magma (rendering them useless for mechanisms) but rock is such a good insulator that even basalt would be good for walls (not that materials matter for that sort of thing).  I'd say that if there were to be other magma-safe rocks than bauxite, they should be peridotite (what the game's olivine should be named) komatiite (the extrusive equivalent of peridotite) and kiln-fired kaolinite (actually used in the middle ages to make high temperature crucibles, so it's a sure candidate for mechanisms).

sorry for the late reply, but i went to bed after posting that. if there is more gems and minerals in earth than normal stone, i consider it a bug. With the combat i meant that maces kill with only 1 shot - direct brain smash, any other hit just mangles the body. I had a legendary macedwarf pummel giant toad for good 270 pages of combat report and couldnt kill it. Also, i had an ambush of gobos and i send my axedwarf to try and stop them. They were all in iron , My dwarf was wearing iron and they had spears. After 3 seasons of fighting my dwarf died of thirst , he killed 2 invaders. And cold magma? Have you ever tried to dump undead animal into magma pool in arena? Try it and see how long it takes for it to die. I had one burning in there for about 1/2 hour(real time), than i got bored and switched it off.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

j0nas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2010, 03:00:40 am »

...a legendary macedwarf pummel giant toad for good 270 pages of combat...
Hmm, what a strange coincidence... ;)

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2010, 03:05:42 am »

...a legendary macedwarf pummel giant toad for good 270 pages of combat...
Hmm, what a strange coincidence... ;)

Well.... i just thought it to be the weakest creature for testing, but mayby its some HFS i dont know about....
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2010, 03:17:15 am »

War Horses...hm...

That's a slippery slope that leads to hunting horses, which are only a soap's throw from unicorns. *spit*

Trust me, nobody wants unicorn ambushe(r)s -- except their elfish masters, of course.

[TRAINABLE_WAR]
No need for hunting horses.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2010, 03:27:35 am »

Wait shit the unkillable creatures still arent fixed in this release? that was pretty much my only beef with the new version.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37