Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released  (Read 127047 times)

grufti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.07 Released
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 12:57:01 pm »

Great work, Toady :)

If the military gets polished we are at an 40d equal state, except for performance, and major fun increase due to new features :)

and to follow up Beeskees post: grufti cancels learn: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress :D

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 01:05:30 pm »

Beeskee cancels working, playing Dwarf Fortress...
I second this. ;D
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 01:06:16 pm »

Excellent. The screen artifacts were the biggest downside to 06. Glad they are mostly fixed now.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 01:09:37 pm »

(*)added pillar tile to d_initadded pillar tile to d_init

Oh damn, does this mean that nice tilesets will no longer have Os instead of pillars in their text?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 01:10:44 pm »

Also, I was able to trade =Microcline Thrones= and all other kinds of furniture in .06. Is it supposed to be like that?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 01:11:38 pm »

(*)added pillar tile to d_initadded pillar tile to d_init

Oh damn, does this mean that nice tilesets will no longer have Os instead of pillars in their text?
Likely, though there's the problem of finding the space for a separate pillar tile.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 01:13:15 pm »

Also, I was able to trade =Microcline Thrones= and all other kinds of furniture in .06. Is it supposed to be like that?

Furniture has been tradeable since 40D and before, it was just not economical to do so vs their weight.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 01:18:36 pm »

Furniture has been tradeable since 40D and before, it was just not economical to do so vs their weight.
Ohh, I only just noticed. First time I went on the ALL button to look for stuff that was valuable. :-[
Story of my life.

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 01:24:31 pm »

Not sure if this is new but when i try to embark somewhere with an aquifer and i get warned about it, if i try to cancel by pressing ESC it just brings me to the menu and i have to abort the whole embark

Actually, that's the only way to back out of that screen then correct?

well as near as i can tell you can press ENTER and accept or just abort the whole embark so no, I only found that when i accedently almost embarked on an aquifer

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 01:27:43 pm »

Not sure if this is new but when i try to embark somewhere with an aquifer and i get warned about it, if i try to cancel by pressing ESC it just brings me to the menu and i have to abort the whole embark

Actually, that's the only way to back out of that screen then correct?

well as near as i can tell you can press ENTER and accept or just abort the whole embark so no, I only found that when i accedently almost embarked on an aquifer

Better than not being able to abort the embark. It worked this way in 40D, but shouldn't be too hard to find the spot you want if you know what the general area looks like or where the cursor was on the map. Still easy to lose an embark spot you think is good and decide to go look around some more.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 01:36:14 pm »

Toady, what types of bugs will you concentrate on next? Will you fix marksdwarves? Or plaster powder? Combat balancing/bugs? Unkillable FBs?

Oldschool green question.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 01:37:50 pm »

Toady, what types of bugs will you concentrate on next? Will you fix the farming bug? Or marksdwarves? plaster powder? Combat balancing/bugs? Unkillable FBs?

Oldschool green question.

Fixed :)

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 01:38:08 pm »

Not very happy with this update (running SDL version under Linux)

1. Cant see skill points left in the embark screen when asigning skills to my dwarfs.
2. Cant build a farming plot on some areas for some reason, here is a 3x3 plot, over 1 water tiles, 3 tiles missing: Had no mud.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:21:35 pm by Gabriel A. Zorrilla »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »

Its because it's considered 'submerged' by the game, I think its been like that since 40D, not sure about the water part, that might be new.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 01:45:12 pm »

2. Cant build a farming plot on some areas for some reason, here is a 3x3 plot, over 1 water tiles, 3 tiles missing:

What shows up when you 'k' and 'q' over those tiles?  Are you sure they aren't in 2/7 water?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37