Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released  (Read 127354 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2010, 06:06:31 am »

Could have sworn they were walking through the forbidden door in .06 though. It'd change the door message from "Forbidden" to "USED BY INTRUDER"
Pretty sure the intruder message is only for, you know, intruders. Not guests, like the traders.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2010, 06:30:21 am »

Could have sworn they were walking through the forbidden door in .06 though. It'd change the door message from "Forbidden" to "USED BY INTRUDER"
Pretty sure the intruder message is only for, you know, intruders. Not guests, like the traders.

Unless it's elves. Sure, they come claiming they want to trade, and then they go and drown themselves in our magma! Rude.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2010, 07:20:07 am »

You can inscribe your furniture with messages and the AI will read it? o_o

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:31 am »

You can inscribe your furniture with messages and the AI will read it? o_o

What?

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2010, 07:39:30 am »

I didn't read the whole thread, feel free to yell at me if this has already been mentioned/solved.

I seem to have a new bug.

If I look at someone, and then hit enter to see more detail, the game crashes.

This happened when I was looking at a titan that'd wandered onto my map, as well as a couple times when I was looking at my dwarves.  I'm fine if I go in through the unit screen instead.  It's just from the look prompt that things break.

I was fine under 31.06, I skipped 31.07, and I'm now running (and breaking) 31.08
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

SirBruce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2010, 07:49:40 am »

I didn't read the whole thread, feel free to yell at me if this has already been mentioned/solved.

I seem to have a new bug.

If I look at someone, and then hit enter to see more detail, the game crashes.

This happened when I was looking at a titan that'd wandered onto my map, as well as a couple times when I was looking at my dwarves.  I'm fine if I go in through the unit screen instead.  It's just from the look prompt that things break.

I was fine under 31.06, I skipped 31.07, and I'm now running (and breaking) 31.08

What you describe was the bug in 31.07 that was fixed in 31.08.  It sounds like you did not actually install 31.08 and instead are playing 31.07.  You should re-download and reinstall.

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2010, 09:24:53 am »

What you describe was the bug in 31.07 that was fixed in 31.08.  It sounds like you did not actually install 31.08 and instead are playing 31.07.  You should re-download and reinstall.

Well, alright, it was supposed to be 31.08...  I may have downloaded the wrong package, or I may be running the wrong package, or I may have screwed something up...

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll try it out when I get home tonight.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2010, 09:48:45 am »

Got a picture for you guys.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I wondered what the guy was doing all the time...

Edit: Just checked. Itīs not the only one. Got a (non masterwork) donkeyskull totem worth 800 Dwarfbucks.

Reconstructing the workshop seems to have done the trick. Not sure what was causing it. Had my crafter decorating beds (and the occasional totem) on loop, pile of shells and bones to the left, pile of beds to the right. Then he somehow stopped taking in new beds and decorated one bed over and over again. Weird.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:46:21 am by Haekel »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2010, 11:55:35 am »

Had my crafter decorating beds (and the occasional totem) on loop, pile of shells and bones to the left, pile of beds to the right. Then he somehow stopped taking in new beds and decorated one bed over and over again. Weird.

This also happened in 40d.  Dwarves prefer not to move the furniture, if they can slap another decoration on the same piece.  And as long as you have different kinds of bone, hoof, gem, whatever, they can stack it all on a single piece of furniture.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2010, 11:58:14 am »

It's not so much a preference as "Find closest furniture... oh look one is RIGHT HERE. Can I add a decoration? Hey it doesn't have any CAT BONE. Lets go take care of that."

If it gets carted off to a stockpile right away then they'll grab something else.

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2010, 12:03:50 pm »

I heard a dwarf slept alone in that bed and got pregnant.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2010, 12:46:26 pm »

I heard you can decorate only once. So, you can decorate once with EACH type of bone/metal? That would allow for... *counts* over 9000! ... decorations.

I need to reinforce my floor.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2010, 01:23:12 pm »

So I'm wondering, has anyone had any troubles with the SDL version? Resizing? Zoom? Keyboard input? Anything?

I'm feeling a bit forgotten, here.  ???
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

BlackRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2010, 01:26:35 pm »

Well all that seems to be working just fine, not that I'm all that big on the zoom function personally. I would like to see an option for a persistent maximized window but that's just a minor detail.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37