Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released  (Read 127358 times)

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2010, 01:27:31 pm »

So I'm wondering, has anyone had any troubles with the SDL version? Resizing? Zoom? Keyboard input? Anything?

I'm feeling a bit forgotten, here.  ???

Works great for me.  Love the zoom in/out.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2010, 01:28:57 pm »

So I'm wondering, has anyone had any troubles with the SDL version? Resizing? Zoom? Keyboard input? Anything?

You are not forgotten, we love you in our own way. ;D

When you re size the screen in the main menu (Start up screen) You get a Small Screen in the Upper left Corner. So Instead of pushing it in the center/streching/whatever it decides to go to the upperleft.

But that is probably my fault in the init.txt But yet when I am playing Dwarf Fortress or Adventure Mode It shows up well on fullscreen.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2010, 01:41:39 pm »

Forbidding it in his inventory should do the trick. Else mark it for dumping and somebody will hopefully come and wrestle it away from him.

Forbidding it didn't help - it just becomes unforbidden, and mysteriously leaves a mark of strawberry wine on the floor.
Dumping didn't seem to do anything at all.
But maybe I didn't give it enough time.

I finally got him to drop it!
I created a dump next to him... and set the liquid in his inventory to be dumped.
After 1 more spam of "item lost or destroyed", instead of dumping it in a dump, he actually just dropped it on the floor.
So at least he's free of the loop, but now I still have wine on my floor.
I forbid it right away, so hopefully no other dwarfs try to eat it.
Seems to be a bug that it can happen at all though.

keda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2010, 02:15:07 pm »

I don't know if this is just me, but when I use the mouse to designate digging or whatever, I can only designate in the upper part of the window, which happens to coincide with how big the window was originally. I'm using the linux SDL version.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2010, 02:31:03 pm »

Hi!

Well, I have not changed anything from between the SDL versions and I am not using many of the additional features, so there is not much to say. The things I use are working reliable.

I noticed that the windowed size seems to have become a bit more stable when I change from my default full screen mode to windowed - provided I use a little trick: My game is set to play in full screen. When I press F11 during the intro movie, nothing happens (I have set windowed to use the same font as full screen). However, when I reach the title screen, pressing F11 once does not change anything (obviously changing back to full screen officially (^_^;; ) but the second press (actually third, of course) of F11 puts me into windowed mode at full screen resolution. If I skip this step of setting the windowed size during the intro movie, and press F11 for the first time some time after the movie, the actually window dimensions are randomly generated (thus, I know that resizing works fine :) :) :) ), and I think I even had a crash in 31.08 once because of that (but I am not sure about that anymore, sorry).

Anyhow, the display is stable and working good for me (using STANDARD setting, as PARTIAL PRINT and I have come to terms to hate each other with a passion).

However, the display settings actually never made a big difference for me anyway, which may be because I have GFPS always at 25 or 24 anyway.

Deathworks

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2010, 02:44:16 pm »

Here's my attempt to collect all the SDL bug reports.  Many of them only happen on Mac/OSX, and some may be obsolete.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2010, 03:26:47 pm »

Sir, you did an excellent job for this season, and we all appreciate it.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

heuristicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2010, 04:00:58 pm »

Resizing is amazing.  It's like going from a netbook to a 24' monitor.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »

I still have that annoying bug with SDL, when it will keep repeating any keystroke w/out stop if i dont place cursor exactly at game window's title.
Cannot understand wtf is that, and why does it happen only periodically, with reboots usually solving it. Maybe it is caused by e17, since its far from being stable, but other SDL apps have no such issues.
It happens both in wine and linux versions.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2010, 04:34:53 pm »

I don't know if this is just me, but when I use the mouse to designate digging or whatever, I can only designate in the upper part of the window, which happens to coincide with how big the window was originally. I'm using the linux SDL version.
I noticed this, for plant gathering. If I'm designating by mouse for whatever obscure reason, I can't designate plants for a few tiles at the right and bottom borders. Even without resizing the screen.
SDL, windows.

HebaruSan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2010, 04:41:43 pm »

I play 0.31 with the window maximized on my secondary monitor, dynamically scaling Bisasam's gorgeous 24x24 PNG font to fit the portion of the map with which I need to work. My eyes and I are very appreciative of your efforts. :)

If you want some suggestions to work on... Could you anchor everything by the center of the screen instead of the upper left corner (or the hypothetical center if my screen was still 80x25 tiles)?
  • Zooming
  • Location hotkeys
  • Jumping to dwarves or events
Also, maximizing on the secondary monitor is a bit awkward (Mac OS). The first time I move the window and click maximize, the window jumps back to the primary monitor at a size roughly matching the secondary monitor. If I move and maximize again, then it takes up the whole secondary monitor.

And of course it'd be great if zooming affected the stocks and trade screens in the expected way (among others).

heuristicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2010, 05:07:16 pm »

I set up an armour, weapon and ammo stockpile quite early on in the game, and when I got some migrants later, they deposited anything that fit those categories into the relevant stockpile.  I had a few hunters arrive, who promptly became useless because they chucked their ammo and crossbows into the ammo/weapon stockpiles.

Anyone else experiencing this?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2010, 05:08:35 pm »

I set up an armour, weapon and ammo stockpile quite early on in the game, and when I got some migrants later, they deposited anything that fit those categories into the relevant stockpile.  I had a few hunters arrive, who promptly became useless because they chucked their ammo and crossbows into the ammo/weapon stockpiles.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Your complaint is that they're putting things in the correct stockpiles?

Unless they are set to use the equipment, they are supposed to remove it and store it.

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2010, 05:16:23 pm »

I love the SDL stuff. I'm new, so I never saw the old bugs that supposedly haunted it.

But having a 1920x1200 dwarf fortress is pure love.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2010, 05:23:06 pm »

I love the SDL stuff. I'm new, so I never saw the old bugs that supposedly haunted it.

But having a 1920x1200 dwarf fortress is pure love.
1920x1080 here but yeah, its awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37