Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released  (Read 127252 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.07 Released
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2010, 01:50:06 pm »

Ah, yeah, I'm not surprised.  I had to put in exceptions for the site finder and notes, but I forgot about warnings since I never try to embark on aquifers...  oh well.  I'll have to patch it up for next time.

Wow, I actually do something you don't.  Nothing is more fun than finally breaching that aquifer, and trying to survive until then.

I usually set up a collapse to breach the aquifer.  If done right, I can be past the aquifer by the end of the first season.

Thanks for the updates!  We all appreciate them.

Trilo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 01:53:05 pm »

I get always a crash when i look around with 'k' and press 'enter' to look in barrels or bins.
Tested with Windows SDL and legacy version, new generated world.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2010, 01:54:57 pm »

Theres already a bug report, http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2378

Just letting people know.

You know, this might be a save compat issue if its coming just from transferred saves.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 01:55:12 pm »

Holy mutha fucking shit! PRAISE THE LORDS I NEEDED THIS SO BADLY!
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Kroack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 02:05:02 pm »

Probably a known bug, but all my dwarves have the appearances of ages and are really the first of their kind.

My entire fort is made up of ancient ancestral dwarves from really early times like year 1.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 02:05:38 pm »

why cant i make anyone to the militia commander? what trait do they need? only 2 of my 7 starters show up there... is this a new feature or a bug or whatever? i know that in military screen the squad leader was always just a few picks but in noble screen i could set anyone
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 02:08:26 pm »

YAY New DF!!!!!

Oh, and how did the trip to the vets with scamps go?
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 02:11:22 pm »

This needs a hotfix, STAT! I checked and this crash with the enter on view is with both versions.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 02:12:26 pm »

Toady's probably asleep now, so for the next 24 hours you'd better just stick with 31.06.

Probably a known bug, but all my dwarves have the appearances of ages and are really the first of their kind.

My entire fort is made up of ancient ancestral dwarves from really early times like year 1.

What's the current year and how old are your dwarves?

why cant i make anyone to the militia commander? what trait do they need? only 2 of my 7 starters show up there... is this a new feature or a bug or whatever? i know that in military screen the squad leader was always just a few picks but in noble screen i could set anyone

Probably related to one of these changelog items:

(*)made militia commander assignment from noble screen respect current squad settings properly
   (*)stopped dwarves from holding multiple positions that lead squads
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:16:32 pm by Footkerchief »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 02:13:53 pm »

Yea, I'm surprised more people haven't started posting about it, but I wonder what the heck happened.

Kroack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 02:16:50 pm »

Toady's probably asleep now, so for the next 24 hours you'd better just stick with 31.06.

Never mind, I just realized I stopped world gen really early, so it makes sense that my dwarves are all the first of their kind. 

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 02:29:47 pm »

Probably related to one of these changelog items:

(*)made militia commander assignment from noble screen respect current squad settings properly
   (*)stopped dwarves from holding multiple positions that lead squads

but still: WHY?!

its a new fort they dont have other possitions (except the expediont leader CAN be selected and is already a noble of course), also my farmer, but not the miners, woodcutter (thats at least somewhat understandable because of the weapon assignment?) nor the peasant with only military skills (which i intended to use for that job) or the furnance operator
and there are no current squad settings until i set up a commander and create the squad?! i am confused :(
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 02:33:07 pm »

k + enter = exit confirmed here, linux.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 02:43:50 pm »

I'm getting a startup crash bug on Mac, unsure as to why except that Terminal says "Abort trap".
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 02:51:12 pm »

k + enter = exit confirmed here, linux.

Just checked and this happens in the arena as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37