Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released  (Read 128214 times)

qbert911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2010, 08:43:26 pm »

Nitpicky note: the link to the small no music win version is currently pointing to the regular version. Manually adding a _s to the url works just fine :)

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_31_08_win_s.zip

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.07 Released
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2010, 08:56:21 pm »

It is still predominately yellow in full screen mode for PPC Macs. It makes the game extremtly hard to play, due to hampering the ability to identify anything.

Can you post a screenshot, please?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And water is invisible.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2010, 08:59:20 pm »

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2010, 09:13:37 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh seriously i thought this would have been stable and finally sat down and dived into a fortress only to have it crash when trying to inspect a statues value. I waited an entire year for the caverns to come out hopefully i wont be waiting another year before its stable enough to play :(.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2010, 09:17:16 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh seriously i thought this would have been stable and finally sat down and dived into a fortress only to have it crash when trying to inspect a statues value. I waited an entire year for the caverns to come out hopefully i wont be waiting another year before its stable enough to play :(.

Are you sure you're not playing 31.07 by accident?  Toady quickly released 31.08 to fix that very bug.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2010, 09:47:52 pm »

These bugfixes to healthcare mean a huge amount to me. They create a stable playing environment to fully enjoy the game's potential. Bravo! Thank you!

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2010, 09:51:20 pm »

Kind of weird, interface.txt is confusing the heck out of diff. The old version has unix line endings, and the new one has Windows line endings, but that didn't cause a problem for any of the other files. But diff just says that the entire file is different rather than going line by line...

This is on the Mac version, by the way. I'm going from .06 to .08 but my "old" interface.txt is from a few versions before that, I think, since it didn't change for a while.

Fake edit: fixed it. In FileMerge (comes with Xcode) I turned on the "compress whitespace" option, and it seems to be handling it okay now. v ??? v
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2010, 10:04:29 pm »

Is dropping old graphics/raws into .08 enough to do an update for a graphics pack?

ZaDoktor

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves and Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2010, 10:05:49 pm »

Woohoo! :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2010, 10:07:08 pm »

Really? If you can't handle a few crashes and bugs perhaps you should not be playing a game which is still in the alpha development stage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2010, 10:12:36 pm »

Is dropping old graphics/raws into .08 enough to do an update for a graphics pack?

Thats what I did for the Mayday graphics pack. Although the tile for cedar is blank for some reason and some trees reverted to the old symbols, but thats just a modding issue and not a DF issue, I can live with it until Mike Mayday puts a graphically fixed version up.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2010, 10:16:56 pm »

Really? If you can't handle a few crashes and bugs perhaps you should not be playing a game which is still in the alpha development stage.

I've played alpha for probably 3 years now and one thing its always been is stable. I've handled bugs but in a game without saving a crash can be devastating esp when its right before a season change which i have for the auto save. I can actually say that i've never had DF crash on me before today in the entire time i've played it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2010, 10:21:16 pm »

I've played alpha for probably 3 years now and one thing its always been is stable. I've handled bugs but in a game without saving a crash can be devastating esp when its right before a season change which i have for the auto save. I can actually say that i've never had DF crash on me before today in the entire time i've played it.

It caught everybody off guard with it, but Toady was on the ball and was already working on the fix and rebuilding it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2010, 10:26:45 pm »

So the very first time DF has ever crashed for you, you run to the forum and post this melodramatic "I hope I don't have to wait ANOTHER YEAR" post even though, had you taken time to read the thread, you would have known that the bug had been identified and fixed already...?

Good job.

j0nas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:00 pm »

Don't be silly.  To think that users aren't allowed to be disappointed with crashes, and are at fault for wanting to play the new, shiny version, is petty and smallminded.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37