Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: The Tainted Band of Fools - Survival Game  (Read 20801 times)

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Tainted Band of Fools - Survival Game
« on: June 19, 2010, 11:01:57 pm »

The Dwarven King had ordered all the outcasts, the low-lives, and the unskilled failures of his great Kingdom rounded up and brought before him. The motley bunch of fools were aligned in a rough row in front of his Majesty. The King looked down at his ugly subjects and said "You urchins will be sent on an expedition tour, that hopefully will be your deaths. You will be -forced- to trek far into the unexplored Tundra with little supplies. You will be sent with a troop of guards to make sure you do not scamper away. If by some miracle you survive for ten full years, you will be welcomed back to our society. Until that date; Which none of you will live to see; You are here by BANISHED." He ushered his guards to drag the idiots out to the wagon, and on their way out he shouted after them "Oh and from hence forth you shall be known as "The Tainted Band of Fools". The newly named band began their journey to their certain peril and death. Sentenced to Banishment for ten long years in the unforgiving freezing wastelands of the North. And our story begins here...

(End Story)

I am assuming the responsibilities of organizing a group of individuals to test their mettle as leaders.
The story will continue once we have a five -active- people signed up for the succession survival game.
Their are ten free slots in total. The challenges you face will be difficult, but a true test of your skill in leadership.
Their will be written logs for -each month- and taking a -few- pictures each year.
This will enhance storytelling and the sense of immersion.
New and old alike may sign up, I'd love a varied skill level in our group.

The supplies you will be sent with will be very limited and some of it useless junk.
Try to utilize it all to the fullest and work hard to survive.

Year 1: Meanmelter
Year 2: Lafiel
Year 3: Arni
Year 4: noodle0117
Year 5: LordSlowpoke
Year 6: Malicus
Year 7:
Year 8:
Year 9:
Year 10:

If you wish to sign up for a slot please follow the format below:
Gender (Real Life) :
First Name (Real Life) :
Slot # :
Other :

Under this will be ten reservations;
They're for future posts about our yearly progress.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:44:04 pm by ClaidheamhMor16 »

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tainted Band of Fools - Survival Game
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:02:16 pm »

Log 1#

Ah that damn king sending me out here with these, these, Idiots. I am no low-life, I stabbed a goblin trying to attack us for Armok's sake. But no, because I killed a Dwarf that was captured and turned into one of those green motherfuckers I am automatically criminal. I will stab that bastard with him sitting his fat oaf in that Oh So High Throne because he is king. I think I see some Kobolds taking money from his beard. Ahh well, fuck him. Fuck that place, this is CURSEDEEP! That's right. I was elected to run this shit stain of a place. 'Anyone getting in the way will be stabbed, survivors will be stabbed again!' That is our fucking motto! Our army will chant this, this is our law, our future, our hope, and our freedom. What? The king accepts us? Well let him come to our fort and Stab that oaf! Well, enough of my rambling, time to get started.

After we dug a entryway, that Marksman dropped his armor and Ammo and crap. Looks like I got to tell him to suck his all 'Oh boho I am dying here with these diabolical failures bullshit' I told him I would stab him in the face, and if he lived, I would stab him in the face again. He immediately ran to his gear and picked it up. I told him he was good for listening to me and told him the motto again.

As the miner's were digging the place, they noticed damp stone on the place. They think it is an Aquifer. I told them NOT to mine it or they would be stabbed. So they did not mine it. They made a good choice. Looks like we are close to a non-frozen Water source in this waste hole.

Oh yeah, Yeti's man. I was praying I would see one in person. He keeps yelling though and I might tell that hunter-guy to go get me his heart and then cook it for me, but I need to see if there is more than one yeti, maybe I could mate some yeti people and use them as my guard.

Also Turns out that the entire place is not stone. Last thing I wanted to notice. I like the place all stoned out. Now I got to waste my time making bricks to cover the whole damn place up. I would stab the earth for wasting my time of making me have to stone it all out, but then Armok would burn me in a thousand flames. Anywho It seems the only one who managed to have a concept of what a block was is the miners. I hope some Dwarven Wanderers show up and have a mason. that would be nice. Well, time to go and drink booze.

Season 2

Log 2#

Very Boring season. I seemed to have lost my sword and now have to pretend to have a sword, which works quite well. Damn thieves or whatever the fuck happened to my sword. I am still keeping the motto. Anyway, this season has been uneventful. We ran out of booze and are digging downward in hope to find an underground cavern.

Nice, some other Runaways. I have a feeling I have to stab someone here. Any who I changed some jobs around as I noticed we got a High-master Glassmaker and the unbelievably high amount of sand in the stocks. Who gives a shit, Maybe I can build a glass tower or something.

Other than Re-assigning jobs and digging for some Underground cavern, We have a large amount of Copper Nuggets along with Sand. I think building some short sword with those nuggets sounds like a brilliant idea right now. Well, we will have to wait.

Season 3

Log 3#

"We hit the cavern! Graze to the god of Armok! Now go drink some water you fat oaf's! Ohh shit! Wait! Troglodyte! Everyone, Seal off a path to the water source, I will deal with the troglodyte!"

I remember my words well, fucking Trog got in the way, everyone did manage to seal the tunnel well. and below it. This should give me some room to set up a farm and for other stuff.

Troglodyte got in the stockpile, I have been wrestling the damn thing for hours, I also had to break it to everyone that my sword is eh 'missing' and after countless hours of chasing and punching the damn thing, the miners join in, with Copper Axes! Ahh it was the best of times, but I did end up getting my Nose and Ear broken, But I will be fine for now.

Can't butcher it, so might as well let it rot in hell, fucking stab it I will when I find a sword.

More low-life's, and some said they are skilled in combat, so I only got there names and left it that way. I decided to let them in as they brung some Cows and puppies that we are now butchering for food.

Also told everyone to quickly smooth the Mess Hall or meeting hall or whatever the fuck It will turn into. Looks nice all smoothed and all!

Season 4

Log 4#

The peasants came running to me, they were complaining about all my strict rules and my threatening to all the people and how I don't run things properly. I told them we are in a frozen wasteland and that nothing is going to work right and if we had to loose rules, people would die. But they kept fucking going on and on. I would have stabbed them, but I don't have a sword. They said this is my last season, so might as well make the best of it.

Some Weaver took the hard road  out today. I remember him coming to me talking about he wanted a clother shop up? It was something, I built it and he still wandered around aimlessly jailwalking. So I said "Fuck it" and he strips down naked, punches some people. Basterd did get jumped himself, and I laughed my ass off. Bitch deserved it.

Fucking Kobolds. Those skinny pointy eared thieves. I could slaughter a thousand of them, but I think they would loot my socks and go back and sell them for a Loincloth. He also killed a cat on the way out. At least he did a favor for being here.

Moved the Cavern further in to go and raze a farm, I accidentally trapped a 'Owned' dog on the other side. Don't know who's owner it is, but It is still Alive, it is also letting us know what is on the other side, Might let him in if he finds me something good! I also extended a small bridge to fish and stuff for anything future related, just saying.

Noticed the food stockpile area was growing some tree's. Seems nice that we don't have to go down in the depths to get wood. (Removed stockpile to show you)
Also made room for those workshops somewhere else so now the food stockpile has more room.

He died, finally. Does not matter to me, figured the next leader would want to know.

Sounds like my time is up. Assholes, I deserve more time than this! I may not have my sword, but that does not mean I can not beat you to death! Never forget the motto...NEVER! Looks like I will be commanding the army. At least I am going to be killing things. Might be better for me anyway. anywho, good luck.

Fact about the dog (Because it is interesting)
He has an untold about of fat framed on him ( it does say that in the Description.)
He is owned by someone and named.
Has magically not attracted evil people! Which is good, I think.
Ehh, you should let him in! He is a good widdle doggie ;D

Download link below
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:51:35 pm by ClaidheamhMor16 »

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 11:02:36 pm »

Reserved.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:04:20 pm »

Reserved.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:04:36 pm »

Reserved.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 11:06:48 pm »

Reserved.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:07 pm »

Reserved.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:49 pm »

Reserved.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 11:09:17 pm »

Reserved.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 11:09:35 pm »

Reserved.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 11:09:57 pm »

Reserved.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 11:49:00 pm »

Sounds Like I take slot 1.  I also hope this is Version .08

Gender (Real Life) :M
First Name (Real Life) :Colm
Experience (To DF) :A-lot, Mainly militarized. I sometimes forget about feeding everyone. But I do manage to kill A LOT of things.
Slot # :1 or 2
Other :Ehh, I will not touch anything Magma Related.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:51:32 pm by Meanmelter »
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 12:32:17 am »

Sounds Like I take slot 1.  I also hope this is Version .08

Gender (Real Life) :M
First Name (Real Life) :Colm
Experience (To DF) :A-lot, Mainly militarized. I sometimes forget about feeding everyone. But I do manage to kill A LOT of things.
Slot # :1 or 2
Other :Ehh, I will not touch anything Magma Related.

You're in.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 05:38:51 am »

Signing up! Loving the challenge  :P

Gender (Real Life) : M
First Name (Real Life) : Oriol
Experience (To DF) : Some, can make a fortress survive, but still have issues with dwarf complex engineering, magma and megaprojects. I'd appreciate some advice on the subjects if it were necessary.
Slot # : First one available
Other :

Arni

• Bay Watcher
  • Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 10:55:51 am »

Siging up. Sounds like fun

Gender (Real Life) : M
First Name (Real Life) : Arni
Experience (To DF) : I somehow manage to bug always my millitary, so that they starvethemselves to death or refuse to take weapons and then get slaughtered in the next goblin ambush.
Forts lost in DF31 so far: 2 (both Genesis. Both goblin ambushes...)
Slot # : Far to the top as possible
Other : We DO play 31_08, right? Any mods added?  Any modifications? Aquifier?
Military and Militia. It's horrible
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12