Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Redwall fortress. submit your stuff! AND SUBMIT YOUR MODS!!! AAH!!!  (Read 6440 times)

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Redwall fortress. submit your stuff!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:27 am »

Wouldn't make a difference, sadly. DF doesn't care about that when it's reading the raws.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 05:48:08 am »

oh. Whell who cares. Lets just start making stuff.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 07:46:00 am »

Yeah. I would suggest you to make a "template" race, and others will start to fill it with castes much faster. Since you're the main developer, it's your job to set up ethics and items for that :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 07:55:45 am »

It's currently a very busy work with school, for me, so I can't really offer much time.  In a while, though, I will be able to contribute.
Also known as Zuhayr.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 08:18:53 am »

thanks. ok il get on to the template with comments.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 11:02:20 am »

Ok. I made a template. Not much comments tho.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 04:00:28 am »

bump!

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 02:26:26 pm »

it is very close. You can go ahead and make something. Every person will be in the credits.
How exactly do you plan to do the main race?
as far as I know castes cannot bemade with differant bodies but can have differant abilities.
I'm thinking sort of a general body frame would be needed as the castle is made of many differant creatures like Sir Hare and the Badger, moles, mice, ect.
something they have in similar though, is 4 limbs, 2 ears, a head, and a tail. Differant physical stats could be given using the caste system (how strong they are ect)
You can have totally different castes' bodies and other stuff. I mean, you can customize every race as you want. You can even make some of them vermin (but I guess it would cause some unpredictable bugs).
my apoligies deon, I don't know what I was thinking. (default dwarves have differant bodies for male and female after all)
I must have gotten into the dwarven ale supply...
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 03:45:26 pm »

i was beaten too it..... i have been working on a redwall mod for about a month, so far i have mice, rats, carrion birds (birds of prey), moles, and badgers, moles badgers and mice are all casts in the same creature the Redwall creature, and rats have 2 cast species sea and forest, carrion birds have crows vultures and kites as casts. all there civs work but there is still a ton of work to go. i can give you my raws if you want? as i have kinda given up working on it. (still have not figured out how i would sprite it all, guess i would have to wait till toady releases caste sprites. at the moment they just appear as the first letter of there name, if there male its uppercase, if there female its lowercase. i made it in dwarf fortress 0.31.03 i think)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 04:47:30 pm »

Huh, beaten to it? How a small creature entry which takes 5 minutes to make "beats" a monthly work? You can just make separate mods or work together. I would never give up my own mod :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 07:00:09 pm »

Huh, beaten to it? How a small creature entry which takes 5 minutes to make "beats" a monthly work? You can just make separate mods or work together. I would never give up my own mod :D.

true, i may still continue to work on it, i was originally planning to replace every creature in the game with appropriate creatures, though that would mean no domestic animals except horses as they are mentioned in the first red wall book, though they would have to be the equivalent of dragons in size... but i really dont see finishing it till the great toady implements cast based sprites as little M's and B's running around does not appeal to most people.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 07:10:57 pm »

Rodent-like creatures could use large insects as domestic animals.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 07:16:25 pm »

true, true. but what im thinking is have the "evil" civs use "slaves" (not really slaves but another type of mouse or mole or badger or what have you) as domestic animals, and yes the birds could have slugs and lizards and snakes and insects as pets as they are mentioned in the books, overall though most people dont really use domestic animals as much in there games so there not THAT important, but i will add some form of animals anyhow.

ps. im downloading your wasteland mod, cant wait to try it out as i love fallout  :D

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 07:29:02 pm »

true, true. but what im thinking is have the "evil" civs use "slaves" (not really slaves but another type of mouse or mole or badger or what have you) as domestic animals, and yes the birds could have slugs and lizards and snakes and insects as pets as they are mentioned in the books, overall though most people dont really use domestic animals as much in there games so there not THAT important, but i will add some form of animals anyhow.

ps. im downloading your wasteland mod, cant wait to try it out as i love fallout  :D

..dont use domestics?
I use tonnes of domestics, I have full fledged breeding programs and barns filled with cattle.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »

..dont use domestics?
I use tonnes of domestics, I have full fledged breeding programs and barns filled with cattle.

i see, well domestics would be very limited in a redwall mod, as far as i know animals dont have animals as pets.... nor do they butcher them, unless they are some weird cannibal monster animals  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4