Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World gen for Age of Legends and Beyond  (Read 700 times)

jimjulius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World gen for Age of Legends and Beyond
« on: June 19, 2010, 12:50:12 pm »

Hey guys, for some reason being stuck in the age of myth thing is totally bugging me, and I'm curious to know if anyone has come up with some world gen parameters that would start you in the age of myth, but would leave some wiggle room for advancing the ages a bit as the world progressed through time.

Also, would this then cause you to have absolutely no chance of a megabeast attack? I'm not sure how titans and forgotten beasts come into the age calculation, but I can see it could be possible that somebody kills all the dragons and hydras, leaving the blobs of salt and vomit to rule the earth.

Any takers?

EDIT

Oh yeh, I'm talking about a medium sized region world here. Obviously parameters would be different for different map sizes
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:54:11 pm by jimjulius »

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
Re: World gen for Age of Legends and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 02:34:47 pm »

cranking down the [size] of megabeasts would dramatically alter the how long they tend to survive.

in the current standard game megabeasts pretty much are wildly efficient at A.) staying alive & B.) killing everything

the age of myth is substantially affected more by the megabeast population than any other age therefore if you wish to get out of it i would suggest tuning your megabeasts in the raw and lowering the population of it altogether in the world gen parameters.

this doesn't mean you won't ever get a megabeast attack but it will mean it won't be as common.

jimjulius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 04:10:12 pm »

That sounds like a plan. I wouldn't want to play in dwarf mode with wimpy megabeasts though, but I suppose I could just switch the raws back to normal after world gen. Cheers!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 12:20:10 am »

You could just kill all the megabeasts. That would be a much more significant achievement now.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 11:00:19 am »

It is the colossi. If you go into adventure mode and slay them all, you'll probably knock yourself out of the age of myth. Haven't yet been able to accomplish this feat though. I've got one missing every appendage that is thinner than a wrist (Every toe, Nose, every finger) but I can't quite get the neck severed.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:53:58 am »

So what's your problem exactly?  Are you getting rejections in the age of myth or just ending up with nobody alive at the end of it?